Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin Pieces
Almond, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin, Spices, Caramel, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Molasses, Nutmeg, White Chocolate, Cloves, Creamy, Lemon, Spicy, Tannin, Tea, Vanilla, Rooibos, Sweet, Carrot, Smoke, Cake, Burnt, Brown Sugar, Cream, Baked Bread, Cookie, Oats, Candy, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Patty L

From David's Tea

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About David's Tea View company

Another tea brought by a well meaning family member.
I dont care for chai, but I do love all the spices that go into chai, so I keep trying them.
My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring, I though that this would go well with it. Wrong.
It was just weird. I had to spill out my cup.
It didnt taste like pumpkin, it kind of smelled like carrots. It had a sweet sort of fertilizer smell and the fruity flavor had an over ripe quality – not a good thing.

I’ve said it before and I will probably say it again – I will leave the chai spices to baking and curries.

K S

I’m with you. I just don’t ‘get’ chai.

Jenn E

Totally agree with you on this one! I actually normally like Chai and STILL didn’t like this tea! It tastes burnt to me… Yuck!

I only noticed this month that DavidsTea now has this available on their website. Two years ago when I first tried it, it was only seasonal, so by the time I tried it, I couldn’t get anymore of it. Haha, but i just got a good 12oz of it! My goodness, I hope I can finish that. I have noticed that for these teas though I tend to need much more leaf than I do for other company’s teas. I’ll brew this at 1.5-2tsp/12oz, but I still brew it for 3 min, because that’s just become my default these last few months, for anything that’s not like puerh or green.

But yes, hmm, I do really enjoy this one. I’ve gone away from alot of chai teas, but this one is really well balanced and mild. The pumpkin really comes through more in scent than in flavor for me, but that’s enough. The black base is, as mentioned, weaker than I expect for a normal black base, but it’s good enough if I don’t overbrew it. It fades out very quickly though, I don’t expect more than a 2nd weak steep from it. After that its just colored water.

I’ve discovered the tea community on Youtube, which just encourages me to buy things, which was why I kind of distanced myself from Steepster, but eh, whatever. I’ve missed you all.

On another note, I pretty much only know this tea and the Jasmine Black Pearls from David’s, and I’ve discovered that there’s a location I can get to with a little more than a half hr’s drive. I don’t need anymore tea or teawear, but their designs are soo cute! What are your favorites/recommendations? :) I’ve heard some good things about the Iced Tea Press, but idk, I trust Steepster’s opinions more. hehe.

Hmmm, I taste neither pumpkin nor any kind of spicy chai-ness in this tea.

You know those country themed stores that sell signs made of burlap with the words Peace, Love, Family on them? They sell candles that smell like blueberry muffins and sugar cookies? That’s what this tea tastes like to me.

The dominating flavor is fake butter with cinnamon, clove, and brown sugar. It’s JUST like those candles.

The base has a bit of that malty black flavor.

Hmm…not for me I think.

Shae

I was disappointed when I first had this one too. It’s just not at all what I expected.

A mellow pumpkin chai

Flavors: Almond, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin, Spices

Hello Pumpkin Pie!
Loving this sweet and bold blend. It smells like pumpkin pie spice and tastes even better! Not artificial tasting, but balanced with notes of caramel, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Goodbye Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, hello Pumpkin Chai!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Molasses, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, White Chocolate

This tea smell’s divine. I love the smell. You can smell the pumpkin and the spices. The flavour was good, there was a subtle pumpkin taste with a stronger chai tea taste. My final thoughts: It is a good evening tea.

One of those teas that I can’t live without! It’s spicy and smooth. The pumpkin spice flavour is excellent. I always stock up with 400 grams or more every fall when it is back in stock to last me the year. Makes a wonderful latte! One of my many favourite things about fall.

Tabby

Hey, thanks for the add and welcome to Steepster!

It’s been a long time since I had this tea.
I never LOVEd it, but after some time apart it’s delicious!
Also I will have a late night tonight. I have a lot of office work to get done.
I’ve also spent way too much time listening to the Sword and Stone podcast. Procrastination capital P.

Sample from Hoálatha

Work tea note: “Sweet, nutty, spicy (nutmeg), vanilla, and rooibos. Kind of artificial, but nothing too terrible; the good type of artificial. Cold at work, so this is nice.”

Flavors: Nutmeg, Rooibos, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

Tastes like fall! I don’t much of the typical chai flavors though, it’s not very spicy. What it tastes like is sweet pumpkin black tea. And I’m ok with that. It’s actually my favorite of the Book of Spells sampler.