Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin Pieces
Sugar, Sweet, Cream, Spices, Pumpkin, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Almond, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Chocolate, Molasses, Nutmeg, White Chocolate, Cloves, Creamy, Lemon, Spicy, Tannin, Tea, Vanilla, Rooibos, Carrot, Smoke, Cake, Burnt, Baked Bread, Cookie, Oats, Candy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From David's Tea

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About David's Tea View company

Another tea brought by a well meaning family member.
I dont care for chai, but I do love all the spices that go into chai, so I keep trying them.
My mom made an absolutely delicious pumpkin ring, I though that this would go well with it. Wrong.
It was just weird. I had to spill out my cup.
It didnt taste like pumpkin, it kind of smelled like carrots. It had a sweet sort of fertilizer smell and the fruity flavor had an over ripe quality – not a good thing.

I’ve said it before and I will probably say it again – I will leave the chai spices to baking and curries.

K S

I’m with you. I just don’t ‘get’ chai.

Jenn E

Totally agree with you on this one! I actually normally like Chai and STILL didn’t like this tea! It tastes burnt to me… Yuck!

Perfect for the fall. I like it with a touch of almond milk!

I really didn’t like this and the other 2 blends in this chai collection. I felt like they were far too sweet, leaving nothing but the sweet taste and oily mouth feel.

For more on tea: www.TastetheTea.co.uk

Flavors: Sugar, Sweet

I usually hate ‘pumpkin spice’ scented and flavored things, but this tea is amazing to me. Earthy black tea with tons of sweet caramel and a rich, spicy chai with lots of clove and cinnamon. So yummy. Sweet, rich, spicy.

First tea of the morning as I continue to experiment oomphing up my pumpkin spice teas with pumpkin seed oil. Not bad. Even better with dark chocolate. But that hardly counts as a tea review.

It’s all been more or less said about this tea, so I don’t really have more to add. It is probably far better as a sweetened latte, or at least with milk or cream.

I am moving my way through this tin of tea. Just a few more cups and that will be that. Out of curiosity, I checked in with the DT’s website to see the cost of a rebuy, though truly, I have far too much tea to consider restocking a tea which, though fine and enjoyable, is not a must have.

Further, I find that I am moving more towards removing the bulk of imitation flavours and colours from my world—not completely, mind, but slowly, slowly. Health continues to challenge me, so I do what I can to simplify and purify. With the occasional binge, of course. But only when it is well worth it.

And ouf! How their prices have escalated! Quite a number of their products are now sold prepackaged and they seem to be putting even more effort on packaging and presentation, if that is even possible.

All in all, clearly, someone like me is not in the demographic their marketing team is aiming for.

And I still have mountains of their teas from before they decided to imitation and stevia everything to death and boost up their marketing frenzy. So, for the time being, I will content myself with those before I maybe maybe maybe make another purchase with them again. If absolutely necessary.

Arby

Ugh I know. Do they actually think stevia is adding to the blend? I’ve been moving away from DT because I’m not interested in dairy and stevia in my teas, and that seems to be almost all of their new teas. I can add milk and sweetener myself is I choose to.

VariaTEA

Dairy I don’t mind, but stevia is disgusting. I just wrote a review for Caramel Shortbread for Sororitea Sisters that was basically all about how it is weird for them to throw stevia in everything, especially in a tea they also added sugar to.

Evol Ving Ness

Sadly, stevia is becoming their trademark taste. Ouf! They could do better.

Evol Ving Ness

VariaTEA, I can’t seem to locate your review. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

VariaTEA

They don’t post right away. It’ll probably pop up in 2-3 months :P

CrowKettle

I completely agree with your DT observations.

I could rant on and on about how much I despise stevia. They completely lost me when they made that a signature ingredient- I was forgiving of the overuse of apple up until that point.

hahaha, yes!

There’s also the thing where dozens of their herbal blends seem to taste like exactly the same thing, give or take an apple or handful of hibiscus or two.

Evol Ving Ness

Sad too because to me it used to be such a joyful brand.

Sipdown (from last year!!!). Favorite autumn tea, perfect balance of chai spice and pumpkin flavor. I am an unapologetic fan and will be replenishing this shortly.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spices

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a great black tea…. Unfortunately lacks Pumpkin & Chai flavor. I do love blending this with sweeter Pumpkin teas, like the Pumpkin Spice Brûlée from Teavana.

This tea is pretty good but it doesn’t have enough pumpkin or spice. This is a great morning tea but I wish there was more flavor to it. I sometimes mix this with a bit of chai tea just to give it a stronger chai flavor, I love this tea but I would love for them to just add more spices to it and a stronger pumpkin flavor. It feels like the its black tea with a hint of pumpkin pie.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Caramel

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I still thank the tea god that this made the permanent collection. I remember when I first tried it, it was only seasonal and a pain to get. This is a very nice pumpkin tea.

Flavors: Clove, Pumpkin

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML
Fjellrev

Is it really? Either way, it’s nice to see that you can pretty much count on them on offering it. It’s so annoying when companies make something amazing but make it LE. LUSH is famous for that. Like damnit, just make sure if it’s that popular already.

Helena

well you can get pumpkin chai anytime now. But when it first came out it LE. Yeah but LUSH isn’t the only company that does that. Just when I fall in love with something it disappears. Vanilla Chai frapps at McDonald’s for instance as they are seasonal. (tastes like Starbucks Vanilla bean frap but cheaper)

Fjellrev

Ah, guess I haven’t noticed it on the tea wall. Awesome then! Oh cool, I didn’t even know that McDonald’s made that. Do they just make it around the holidays?

Oh yeah, for sure many other companies do it. I just especially can’t stand when companies do it when it leads to this craze where people are selling something for 10-15x the price on eBay, especially when that product can easily be remade.

Helena

McDonald’s sells it in the summer months. So in winter I have to buy Starbucks to compensate.

Fjellrev

Oh snap, i see it’s on their site. Maybe I’ll try that tomorrow before it goes away. You are such a bad influence! Haha

Roswell Strange

Actually, Pumpkin Chai is still seasonal…

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This tea tastes pretty good with honey in it, but I don’t get how bitter it is without honey even despite the candies and caramel in it. The taste doesn’t really make up for the bad ingredients to me so I don’t think I’ll be buying this anymore.

Flavors: Caramel, Spices