Birthday Cake

Rooibos Tea
Sprinkles
Candy, Caramel, Cotton Candy, Marshmallow, Pancake Syrup, Powdered sugar, Rooibos, Sweet, Drying, Frosting, Maple Syrup, Vanilla, Honey, Sugar, Maple, Brown Sugar, Cream, Chocolate, Cake, Tea, Sugarcane, Baked Bread, Custard, Butter, Artificial, Creamy
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From David's Tea

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

About David's Tea View company

This is my favorite celebration tea. I mean, c’mon. There are sprinkles in the tea! The end result is sweet and creamy tasting, and it really does remind me of eating cake. While I would not choose this as a daily drinking tea, it is invariably what I put in my cup during celebratory times.

Flavors: Candy, Caramel, Cotton Candy, Marshmallow, Pancake Syrup, Powdered sugar, Rooibos, Sweet

Please keep things friendly and .

I really like this tea, but I feel like there are a few caveats to my recommendation. First of all, the aroma is STRONG – nearly overpoweringly so. I was brewing a cup in the kitchen, and my partner on the opposite side of the house asked if I was making pancakes. This one might be best enjoyed at home (as to not fumigate your coworkers with vanilla-maple fragrance). Secondly, it’s also really sweet. I have a killer sweet-tooth, and found that it really scratched my dessert itch, but if you don’t like sweets, you should probably stay away from this one.

All in all, I really enjoyed this tea as an afternoon pick-me-up, or in place of dessert. It tasted more like vanilla frosting than cake, but was a very nice treat. It did have the ‘dry’ mouthfeel that rooibos teas sometimes have, which for me is what keeps it from being perfect.

I suspect this is probably one that you will either love or hate.

Flavors: Candy, Drying, Frosting, Maple Syrup, Rooibos, Vanilla

Please keep things friendly and .

Best served as a tea latte, it feels both creamy and light at the same time. The smell of vanilla is a bit overwhelming, but as a dessert tea it is a delectable mix of vanilla, caramel and honey.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Vanilla

1 tsp

So tasty!

Flavors: Sweet

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea was meh. Just meh. I wasn’t overly impressed with it at all and don’t understand the hype. I tried it because of unrelenting recommendations from friends. I’ve tried it hot, hot with agave, and as a hot latte and still am not much of a fan. It’s too much sweetness without any real flavour for my taste. I won’t be repurchasing this and am glad the 50 g bag I got is now gone as it took me months to finish it.

Flavors: Sugar, Sweet

Eh.
Quite honestly I am a bit underwhelmed by this tea. After reading the reviews I was expecting a creamy, rich treat. What I actually got was a pretty blah cup of rooibos with some vanilla. Not detecting the cream, hint of maple, or strong cake flavor. Cloying with no depth
It’s fine for when I want something warm at night I suppose, but it’s nothing really to write home about.

Flavors: Rooibos, Vanilla

Please keep things friendly and .

Some friends got me this for my birthday last spring, and then I didn’t see them until November, and this is the first time I’m having the tea.

It IS tasty, but whoa nelly, that is SWEET. I only usually put sugar/honey/maple into some herbal teas, or lapsang souchong.

This is more of an occasional tea, I think. But it is nice, and they also gave me one of those super cute cupcake tea infusers. :)

Dustin

I’m not sure if I have had this one solo before. I usually drink it with equal parts Coffee Puer and it’s perfect! Very tiramisu like.

OMGsrsly

Huh. I bet that would be good, although I am not a huge fan of coffee flavoured tea. Maybe I’ll try steeping some in coffee. :D

Dustin

Oh! I’d be interested to hear how it goes!

Please keep things friendly and .

Still on the fence about this one. I thought I would hate it as I’m not much for dessert teas, but it’s not bad. Strong maple and vanilla flavours. The maple is what’s throwing me off because I personally hate maple anything, but I’m still drinking this..

Flavors: Caramel, Maple, Vanilla

2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

I bought a tin of this a while ago without evening sampling it first. I took a gamble and assumed I would like this tea based on the fact that its a rooibos blend. Plus it has sprinkles. Realistically how bad can a tea that has sprinkles in it be? Needless to say I ended up really liking this tea. However more recently I decided one day to try it as a tea latte.
Mind. Blown.
Hands down it tastes amazing as a latte. I’ve been drinking it like this ever since and have never looked back since.
I was a bit skeptical at first adding dairy to rooibos because I don’t think I’ve added dairy to herbal teas before? Nevertheless it tastes delicious and will be the only way I’ll drink it from now on.

Please keep things friendly and .

Full disclosure: on it’s own this tea is not a 90%. It is kind of a boring vanilla rooibos, a little sweet but not remarkable.
HOWEVER I am going to tell you a wonderful tea secret that might change your mind about this tea if you have tried it before and been unimpressed:
If you like to drink teas latte style; this tea blends with almost any herbal or black tea perfectly and takes the drink to a whole new level.
I am very fond of blending it with dessert-y herbals, iced OR hot. I sub like 1 scoop of it in for a travel mug and two for a pot. It adds a taste of creamy vanilla that blends really well with the macadamia milk I use for lattes.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Caramel, Cream, Honey, Vanilla