Chocolate Orange Pu'erh Tea

Artificial, Tea, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Orange, Orange Zest
Medium
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby

• “I was sorely disappointed with this one. I LOVE the combination of orange and chocolate, and I was dying to try this tea. I really couldn’t taste the chocolate or orange beyond the artificial...” Read full tasting note
  • “Got this from the ‘christmas treats’ sampler. Meh, it’s ok, I’ll have the other half of it another time, but it’s not going on my list to buy. Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast....” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to Super Starling! for a sample of this. For someone who very rarely drinks flavored/scented teas, I have to admit that I love the smell of this. Citrusy orange, rich chocolate, and earthy...” Read full tasting note
  • “While driving into work, I actively craved this tea. It’s a rich, robust little number. Upon arrival, it totally hits the spot on this murky, ambivalent morning. The weather isn’t tough enough to...” Read full tasting note

From David's Tea

chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate curls to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher).

Best served: Hot Tea / Tea Latte /

Allergens: soy
May Contain: milk

About David's Tea View company

I was sorely disappointed with this one. I LOVE the combination of orange and chocolate, and I was dying to try this tea. I really couldn’t taste the chocolate or orange beyond the artificial sweetener that was used. Very disappointing – on the market for a different chocolate orange tea!

Flavors: Artificial, Tea

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast. My notes are not meant to be a review for the tea community, but rather for myself so I know what to buy or not buy again (I wish there was a way to keep notes private).

Thanks to Super Starling! for a sample of this.

For someone who very rarely drinks flavored/scented teas, I have to admit that I love the smell of this. Citrusy orange, rich chocolate, and earthy puerh are all evident in the scent of both the dry leaves and the steeped liquid. It almost has a children’s fairy tale scent to it. Something nostalgic. I’m not sure why that is what it evokes but it does.

On first sip, that orange chocolate hits you up front and then at the last second gives you a glipse of the puerh. I’m not sure if anyone has ever had candied orange peel? And further yet, I’m not sure if anyone else has ever had candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate but this is what it reminds me of. It’s actually… pretty good. Coming from a purist like me, I’m a little shocked that I like it so.

So, congrats Leah. You have already partly converted me to being open to the world of flavored teas.

Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Orange

Upon arrival, it totally hits the spot on this murky, ambivalent morning. The weather isn’t tough enough to commit to rain, wind, or sun. It’s just an overcast with a ruffly, apathetic breeze. So frustrating.
But the tea is DEFINITELY the liquid equivalent of a dark chocolate orange break-apart ball from Easter. That much is certain.

I wasnt expecting to like this, because generally I havent liked chocolate flavored tea. But I was looking for orange flavored stuff and this actually smelled really nice so I gave it a try. And it ended up becoming one of my faves this winter! If you’ve ever had orange flavored chocolate, this really tastes JUST like it. Its a perfectly equal blend of chocolate and orange flavor, and the pu-erh works well with it, not overpowering, and allows the two other flavors to come through instead. Works absolutely fantastic as a latte as well, its like a perfect low calorie orange flavored hot chocolate.

A decent tea; 4 minutes steeping brings out orange flavour; not my favourite chocolate tea, but a nice choice for an afternoon break.

so i’m like sitting here looking out the window and I can see three fluffy white clouds. it just gets me thinking… why are there only three? then I think of this tea. it has two flavours: chocolate and orange. why aren’t there three? so yes, I do like this tea. but it needs something else. milk? sugar? i’ll never know….

I love this tea! I can’t have it by itself with a splash of milk, though. It’s a little too strong for me like that. What I do is do a milk to water ratio of 3:1, so I heat up my water and slip it into my brewer while I have the milk on the stove. Once it’s finished brewing, I pour the tea into the milk on the stove with a tsp of cane sugar, and it is fabulous.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest

4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 2 OZ / 59 ML

Received this from EmilyGee to try, thanks Emily!

It smells more chocolate/orange dry than it does when brewed. I don’t sense the orange anywhere except maybe a slight hint of citrus right at the end. But it’s ever so faint, I miight even just be willing my tastebuds to notice it.
The chocolate is there, but in a very earthy sense as opposed to the sweet commercial sense. Or it could just be that I’m not familiar with pu-erh tea and the earthiness is from that.
I don’t think it’s orangy enough for my liking, so I doubt I’d buy it in future.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Earth

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I really like what I imagine the pu’erh part of the taste of the tea is. The rest of it tastes like, well, one of those chocolate oranges, with more orange flavor than chocolate. The tea is kind of “less-than” for me since I’m not super fond of that flavor, but I might try it again.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML