David's Tea Toasted Walnut

Tea
Almond, Coconut, Pineapple, Toasted, Walnut
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Baggin' It

• “I really dislike walnut in foods, but for some reason, I love walnut-flavored teas. The flavor is so sweet and nutty. It goes really well with the green tea and the second brew is tasty as well. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown no. 123 of 2018 (no. 479 total). A sample. Just enough to both taste for note-taking purposes and sipdown in a single steep. The walnut smell coming out of the packet is quite intense. It’s...” Read full tasting note

From David's Tea

Product description not available yet.

About David's Tea View company

I really dislike walnut in foods, but for some reason, I love walnut-flavored teas. The flavor is so sweet and nutty. It goes really well with the green tea and the second brew is tasty as well. I got this as a sample in my summer order, and I am definitely impressed. There was enough in the bag to make a bigger cup than usual, and there was a huge walnut in there too. I would definitely order more of this…but I already made a Davids Black Friday order! I wasn’t supposed to order any more tea this year, but their sale was pretty good, and I ordered under a pound, so I wasn’t too too bad. Also sorry that this review isn’t on the official page for this tea. It redirects me to the Steepster home page when I click to review, so I’m leaving the review here!

Mastress Alita

When a tea page is stuck in the “Mobile” view you just have to hit the “Edit tea info” button like you are going to change info in the entry, then hit “Save” again (you don’t have to actually change anything on the entry). That will refresh the cache on it and force it out of the Mobile view that always redirects to the main page whenever you try to click “Review this tea”, “Save to Cupboard” or “Save to Wishlist.”

AJRimmer

Aha! Thank you! I’ve put the review in the correct place now. This definitely solves a mystery for me!

Sipdown no. 123 of 2018 (no. 479 total). A sample.

The walnut smell coming out of the packet is quite intense. It’s not just walnut, though. It’s a sort of a sweet, candied walnut. That is likely the effect of the coconut and pineapple in the blend. It also says it has almond, which is interesting. Not sure why something called walnut would muddy the waters with almond?

But apparently, David knows what he’s doing because after steeping, what I mostly get is toasted walnut in the aroma. Some coconut, but not really any fruit and not any other nut. The tea is a lemon yellow color and cloudy.

The flavor is on the nose. It tastes exactly like what it advertised itself as, for which it gets some ridiculous number of points in my book. The coconut and pineapple are taste-able, but they mostly act as boosters of the toasted walnut flavor.

And the almonds? As the tea cools, I smell them as I stick my nose into cup to sip, but they, too, boost the toasted walnut flavor by enriching the nuttiness.

Pretty much a home run if you want a green toasted walnut tea.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Pineapple, Toasted, Walnut