Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Sugar, Sugar Sprinkles
Brown Sugar, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Malt, Spices, Spicy, Sugarcane, Sweet, Tannin, Cream, Marshmallow, Molasses, Vanilla, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Earth, Sugar, Lemon Zest, Butter, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Citrus, Nutty, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

• “I’ve definitely changed my opinion a bit that this tea and Pumpkin Chai are super similar, but they are still closely related, IMO. Love the sparkles in this one, even though I don’t much get to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m going to allow myself a break in the midst of an otherwise fairly chaotic week. This has been an incredibly stressful week, and I feel very close to being at the end of my tether. The exam is...” Read full tasting note
  • “So long sample. Now to work on my tin of this tea. Today’s cup is tastier than the last I had. It is sweet with a hint of orange. Very pleasant indeed.” Read full tasting note
  • “SIPDOWN! had this tasty little treat to finish off with dinner. Still not a fan of david’s tea but this one is alright by me. Nice to finally get through my 12 days of christmas teas…well except...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil, shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

Good. I won’t buy again, but good. Tastes so much like Pumpkin Chaï so I’m just going to stick with this one instead.

I underestimate this tea. I always go past it when reaching for a flavoured black. Did a coldbrew with it today and it was the best I’ve had today. The black base is actually really tasty and the spices taste like cardamom, brown sugar, and spicy cinnamon. It reminds me of cardamom french toast. Slightly sweet, very spiced, flavourful, and all-around enjoyable.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Malt, Spices, Spicy, Sugarcane, Sweet, Tannin

Iced 8 min or more
Fjellrev

Oh nice, I’ve never tried it as a cold brew but that sounds like a fantastic idea.

Evol Ving Ness

Is this the new version or the old version?

CrowKettle

Oh.. I need to revisit this tea.

Arby

This is the new version. I don’t believe I’ve ever had the old version.

Not too bad for a flavored tea, but I am kind of “over” most flavored teas. This must be the newer version, since I didn’t get any cool glitter effect.

There is some malt and astringency; that’s pretty much all there is of the base. Tastes like a cheap Indian base, which hey, I’m cool with.

Of course, the flavors mask the tea, since this is Davids. There’s maple, brown sugar, almond extract, vanilla, a little bit of creamy saltiness. It’s a nice dessert tea.

Liked it much better the second time around! I tried it again plain and then as a latte. Both were really good. I’m not sure what I did to the first batch to make it so mediocre lol. Don’t know if it’s just me, but the dry leaf smells exactly like a Bounty bar? It took me a few minutes to think of what it reminded me of but it’s definitely a Bounty bar. There’s no coconut or chocolate in the blend so I find this odd. Not complaining though, it’s a good smell!