Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Sugar, Sugar Sprinkles
Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Clove, Butter, Cloves, Brown Sugar, Cardamon, Malt, Spices, Spicy, Sugarcane, Tannin, Citrus, Dark Wood, Cream, Marshmallow, Molasses, Orange Zest, Earth, Sugar, Lemon Zest, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Nutty, Tea, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

• “I’ve definitely changed my opinion a bit that this tea and Pumpkin Chai are super similar, but they are still closely related, IMO. Love the sparkles in this one, even though I don’t much get to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m going to allow myself a break in the midst of an otherwise fairly chaotic week. This has been an incredibly stressful week, and I feel very close to being at the end of my tether. The exam is...” Read full tasting note
  • “So long sample. Now to work on my tin of this tea. Today’s cup is tastier than the last I had. It is sweet with a hint of orange. Very pleasant indeed.” Read full tasting note
  • “SIPDOWN! had this tasty little treat to finish off with dinner. Still not a fan of david’s tea but this one is alright by me. Nice to finally get through my 12 days of christmas teas…well except...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil, shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

Advent Calendar 2017, Day 5: Strong caramel taste. Would brew with more tea leaves next time. Produced decent second steep.

1.25 tsp of teas, 1 “perfect spoon”

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Second time brewing this tea from my Davids Tea 24 Days of Tea Advent calendar. This time I brewed a stronger tea and added hot milk (almost 1/4C) and 1 t honey, and it’s MUCH better. The aroma and taste are much richer this time, and with the milk it’s a much more enjoyable cuppa. I would drink this as an option between a plain black tea and a full chai.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Finally got to try this tea on day 5 of #24daysoftea! I’m a big fan of chai, especially David’s Tea’s pumpkin chai. This chai doesn’t disappoint. It has a slight aftertaste, and is a bit sweet, but overall it is tasty and true to the chai flavor.

The gold stars in the tea make it beautiful to look at. The spice notes are nice, especially for fall and winter. A good tea but not necessarily one I would purchase when there are others to explore.

This is a nice fall/winter cinnamon black tea. I think it is a little less packed with flavor as some of the other teas this season (like Pumpkin Chai or Cardamom French Toast), but still a nice mild Xmas-y tea. It’s not too sweet and not too spiced.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Cloves