Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Sugar, Sugar Sprinkles
Cinnamon, Cream, Marshmallow, Molasses, Spices, Vanilla, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Butter, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Citrus, Nutty, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil, shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had this in store. I think one of the problems that David’s Tea needs to work on is how much tea they put in a cup. On their own website, they list one to two perfect spoons. In reality, they will only give you one for hot tea.

This one was decent, I liked the hint of spice. It’s no where near a chai. Also, if you read the label, I did wonder why they needed metal oxides. In any case, it was weak because there was not enough tea.

Kristal

When DAVIDs updated the website they put 1-2 perfect spoonfuls on for most of the tea recommendations (as opposed to X tsps per whatever oz). I say it’s a way to get people to use tea up more quickly and therefore make more money :/

Not a fan. Did I get a defective blend or something? Because I get no glitter in my cup, which is the main reason I got this tea in the first place. The picture here has the glitter pieces shown as a ball, but mine came in star shapes. Maybe they don’t punch out glitter as well. I thought I’d like it more in the fall because it has a spicy, orange taste, but I’m still just disappointed by the lack of sparkle. Boooo :(

Michelle

It’s because you have the new blend. The old blend had gold balls in it, and the new one has stars… Overall the old blend was much much better tasting and much more glittery! I’m sad for you :(

Ah, Glitter & Gold. One of my favourite’s in the 24 Days of Tea samples and all around a DT fan fave.

Yes I realize it’s June and I’m still working on my 24 Days of Tea reviews. Better late than never right?

Anyways I literally had a cup of this yesterday and it reminded me why I like this tea so much.

It’s really smooth for a black tea and really easy on the taste buds. Plus that hint of cinnamon gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. It has a hint of cinnamon but not so much of it that it’s overpowering.

I found this tea so smooth that I just drank it as is. This is pretty rare for me when it comes to black teas – usually I always add in milk and sometimes a bit of honey. With glitter & gold I didn’t feel the need to add it in.

I also love that they added little gold stars, sparkles, and tiny square pieces of sugar. It definitely gives it that “glitter and gold” star power.

I only wish I came across this tea sooner. It looks like the earlier versions had these little gold balls instead of stars. When you swirl your tea around you actually see a patch of glitter swirling around in your cup. The first thing that comes to mind when I saw it was the milky way. I tried swirling my tea around with the newer batches but sadly it just not have that same effect.

This one reminds me of pumpkin chai, sans cinnamon. I’ll probably keep this one around. I do wish I could have tried the old blend, I hear it was awesome, plus all those sparkles! Who can resist the sparkles?

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Steeping, this tea looked so pretty and sparkly but tasting it, this tea was just ok for me. Not recommending it because I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be drinking stuff that’s sparkly.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box

I apologize, but I think the few cups of this that are left will be staying with me. Don’t worry though, I have plenty of tea I can replace it with! :) This tea reminds me of a slightly less wonderful version of Granny’s Cake by River Tea. Granny’s Cake is one of my most favourite teas in the world, and I only have 2 or 3 cups worth left! Also, since River Tea has gone away I have no means of ever picking up any more! :(
This tea doesn’t have the richness of Granny’s Cake, or the depth of flavour, but it does have a similarity which I find pleasant. I have enjoyed the steeps I had of this so I am very thankful to whomever added it to the tea box. Thank you so much! :)

Flavors: Marshmallow, Molasses, Spices, Vanilla

Christina / BooksandTea

There’s an eggy vanilla-ness to Granny’s Cake that I don’t thing G&G has. I miss RiverTea a lot. :(

tea-sipper

I’m glad it found a nice home!

A wonderful little tea to get lost in. It puts one’s mind in a completely different frame. If just for a moment. It settles upon the tongue like if it always there. The taste of it reminds me of family. The way things are done, the ways things should be, the way a home could taste if we could taste our first step past the door. I chose my book for this tea or vice versa to enjoy it because it is about family, about roots, about that eathy peaceful type of love and peace that you can have within yourself and the complications of relationships and history that family and friends impact your life.

The book I recommend for this tea is:
The House Girl by Tara Conklin

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Still sick here. Tastebuds not what they should or could be, so I am reaching for teas that either don’t thrill me or might sustain and soothe me.

This tea is in the first category. The idea of it is fab, but the execution not so much in my opinion. Even when my tastebuds are a hundred percent, this tea just doesn’t do it for me.
Some sort of cinnamon clove vanilla artificial buzz through a haze of synthetic sweetener. Thankfully, I am saved to some extent from the full intensity of this at the moment.

Bah. I am very much on my way to bye Felicia with this one.

Is this the same thing in my cup that everyone else has?

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

Oh no, I hope you get better soon! I wasn’t terribly impressed with this either. Looks and smells amazing, but you’re right, there is something artificial and just plain old off about it.

VariaTEA

I think they changed this tea tbh. Last time I saw it on their website, it had star sprinkles and what not that my older stuff doesn’t have.

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, the older version had glitter balls. I wonder if they just changed the sprinkles/balls or the flavourings in this too.

tigress_al

Ya I think they changed it. I tried a sample in store quite a while ago. I never would have guessed it was the same tea.

VariaTEA

I guess I will have to cherish what I have left of the old blend

Evol Ving Ness

This is from the initial batch. I bought it just before they took the vegan path with this and was asked which batch I wanted because the store had both.

Meh. It’s alright. It smells a lot better than it actually tastes. A pretty standard cinnamon flavor.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Orange Zest

I got this one as part of the “12 Teas of Christmas” gift set from my in-laws. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Though I was a little sad that it didn’t glitter the way it did in the past, I thought the gold star candy pieces added a cute touch. I couldn’t really taste them, which I thought was for the best. I really enjoyed the subtle spiciness of this tea. My sensitive stomach can’t handle anything too strong, so this was just right. It’s all gone now, but it made a great morning tea while it lasted.

Flavors: Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
ropeadope

Definitely going to try this on Steeper points!

M

You should! it’s worth a try.