Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Candy, Sweet, Spicy, Spices, Sugar, Apple, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 9/24 of 24 Days of tea (finally caught up!)

I’ve had this tea before so I knew what to expect. The taste is alright- slightly woody rooibos with cinnamon. Unfortunately though, I find there is too much cinnamon in this blend and it upsets my stomach :( . Had to dump out half a travel mug of this tea. However, I can use this tea up by mixing it with either Birthday Cake or Coco Chai Rooibos and making into a latte. I recommend to anyone who can’t handle a lot of spice to brew this tea mildly, add milk or mix it with a different tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

EDIT:
I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

If you love Cinnamon you will love this rooibos chai.

Flavors: Cinnamon

I just hate cinnamon. Not the tea’s fault.

REALLY liked this one. I’m a bit shocked it doesn’t have a higher rating. Cinnamon is the star, but you also get nice sweet apple on the finish. I got THREE decent steeps out of 1.5 perfect spoons. Doesn’t need milk or sugar. And it’s caffeine free!

I have a sore throat and this feels wonderful. I love spicy cinnamon. I’m not getting any apple here, but that’s ok.

I’ve been cleaning out some old teas in preparation for the inevitable post-holiday sales that will be coming up, and I noticed I had exactly 1 serving left of this so, sipdown! This is oddly enough, another one of those teas where I’ve never bought it specifically but I’ve managed to collect a lot of it through sampler sets somehow. Regardless, this tea has a pretty strong cinnamon smell with a bit of woodiness. I’m not really getting the ‘chai’ bit of this, but if its good then I don’t mind.

Steeped, this tea is quite well, cinnamon-y. But to me, its not overpowering like how some other cinnamon teas can be, like The Spice is Right. However, I will also note that the rooibos base is still quite present. Still not really getting anything that’s striking me as ‘chai’ even though there are cloves in it though.

Overall, this being a fan favourite makes total sense to me. It’s got a great cinnamon flavour without being overwhelmingly so. I would like to try this as a latte sometime, even.

This is a queued tasting note.

This tea is so popular, like so, so popular. It kind of baffles me a little bit honestly. Like it’s good, but it’s not “250g” good and I feel like I’ve sold large quantities like that of this tea more than any other tea except, arguably, Earl Grey.

So because it’s so popular I’m making more of a conscious effort to try it a few different ways. I want to be able to talk confidently about it if people are going to be ordering it so much. Thus… latte!

- Makes a nice latte all in all
- Cinnamon is totally the star, but I felt like I tasted the clove more with this method too
- Also the base came off a bit clearer/more recognizably woody

Arby

I liked this at first, but I got sick of it real fast. I’m surprised it is so popular, I find it sickly sweet. I’ll definitely try to finish up my tin with lattes.

Cinnamon candy-sweet. There is a bit too much sweetness in this one for the use of rooibos which has a clashing savoury note. Good mouthfeel. This tisane feels like it would give the warmth and sweetness required after some time spent outdoors on a cold day.

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Sweet