Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Candy, Sweet, Spicy, Spices, Sugar, Apple, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

• “This is SPECTACULAR! Very sweetly cinnamon-y, spicy (but not peppery), round and robust! With honey and a splash of milk, I feel like I’m having black tea! This is my new favorite herbal chai. I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tonight I’d been sitting at the computer too long and decided that making a cup wasn’t going to take long enough. So I decided to try stovetop chai again, this time with my favourite chai tea. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Oh, Oh this is “wicked-awesome” (to steal a phrase from a co-worker) I loved everything about this, from the fact that I was able to steep 1.5 tsp twice and still was strong enough to pour over ice...” Read full tasting note
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. Pulling a late (for me) night as I work on revisions … the delicious sharpness of this blend helps keep me focused depsite the yawns and won’t ruin my eventual sleep....” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 9/24 of 24 Days of tea (finally caught up!)

I’ve had this tea before so I knew what to expect. The taste is alright- slightly woody rooibos with cinnamon. Unfortunately though, I find there is too much cinnamon in this blend and it upsets my stomach :( . Had to dump out half a travel mug of this tea. However, I can use this tea up by mixing it with either Birthday Cake or Coco Chai Rooibos and making into a latte. I recommend to anyone who can’t handle a lot of spice to brew this tea mildly, add milk or mix it with a different tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

EDIT:
I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

If you love the taste of Cinnamon this tea will knock your socks off with the taste of it. I grabbed it because I am always in search fo ra good chai that comes close to having as much spice flavour as is in my Chai Lattes I get from a coffee shop once in a blue moon. The spice I think is usually not in enough quantity is Cinnamon. But in this case I think I found that there was way too much cinnamon as that is really all you can taste, albeit that was not unexpected due to the name of it. It is a good tea and I recommend it, it is just a bit to over the top with cinnamon so I can’t drink it every day.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

Got this from the ‘christmas treats’ sampler. Holly cinnamon! That’s just too much cinnamon for me.

If you love Cinnamon you will love this rooibos chai.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Rate given (February 2017) : 50% – I mean, I don’t like cinnamon that much.
Rate REVISED (March 2017) : 70% – So much better with warm milk. Tastes cinnamon just enough for my taste.

REALLY liked this one. I’m a bit shocked it doesn’t have a higher rating. Cinnamon is the star, but you also get nice sweet apple on the finish. I got THREE decent steeps out of 1.5 perfect spoons. Doesn’t need milk or sugar. And it’s caffeine free!

I have a sore throat and this feels wonderful. I love spicy cinnamon. I’m not getting any apple here, but that’s ok.

I’ve been cleaning out some old teas in preparation for the inevitable post-holiday sales that will be coming up, and I noticed I had exactly 1 serving left of this so, sipdown! This is oddly enough, another one of those teas where I’ve never bought it specifically but I’ve managed to collect a lot of it through sampler sets somehow. Regardless, this tea has a pretty strong cinnamon smell with a bit of woodiness. I’m not really getting the ‘chai’ bit of this, but if its good then I don’t mind.

Steeped, this tea is quite well, cinnamon-y. But to me, its not overpowering like how some other cinnamon teas can be, like The Spice is Right. However, I will also note that the rooibos base is still quite present. Still not really getting anything that’s striking me as ‘chai’ even though there are cloves in it though.

Overall, this being a fan favourite makes total sense to me. It’s got a great cinnamon flavour without being overwhelmingly so. I would like to try this as a latte sometime, even.