Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Candy, Sweet, Spicy, Spices, Sugar, Apple, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

• “This is SPECTACULAR! Very sweetly cinnamon-y, spicy (but not peppery), round and robust! With honey and a splash of milk, I feel like I’m having black tea! This is my new favorite herbal chai. I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tonight I’d been sitting at the computer too long and decided that making a cup wasn’t going to take long enough. So I decided to try stovetop chai again, this time with my favourite chai tea. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Oh, Oh this is “wicked-awesome” (to steal a phrase from a co-worker) I loved everything about this, from the fact that I was able to steep 1.5 tsp twice and still was strong enough to pour over ice...” Read full tasting note
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. Pulling a late (for me) night as I work on revisions … the delicious sharpness of this blend helps keep me focused depsite the yawns and won’t ruin my eventual sleep....” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a queued tasting note.

This tea is so popular, like so, so popular. It kind of baffles me a little bit honestly. Like it’s good, but it’s not “250g” good and I feel like I’ve sold large quantities like that of this tea more than any other tea except, arguably, Earl Grey.

So because it’s so popular I’m making more of a conscious effort to try it a few different ways. I want to be able to talk confidently about it if people are going to be ordering it so much. Thus… latte!

- Makes a nice latte all in all
- Cinnamon is totally the star, but I felt like I tasted the clove more with this method too
- Also the base came off a bit clearer/more recognizably woody

Arby

I liked this at first, but I got sick of it real fast. I’m surprised it is so popular, I find it sickly sweet. I’ll definitely try to finish up my tin with lattes.

Cinnamon candy-sweet. There is a bit too much sweetness in this one for the use of rooibos which has a clashing savoury note. Good mouthfeel. This tisane feels like it would give the warmth and sweetness required after some time spent outdoors on a cold day.

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Sweet

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

Yep, this is cinnamon-y, alright. It’s not something I would buy, but since I had it from last years advent calendar, I decided to finish it off. (Well, mostly) This is a very strong tea, and it mainly tastes like cinnamon, also a little spicy and of course sweetness, but that’s pretty much it.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spicy

This is one of my favorite teas! I didn’t realize how much I liked cinnamon until I tried this tea. It is fabulous during the fall and winter mixed with raw honey. I’ve tried it cold as well, but it doesn’t quite work for me that way.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Love love love Cinnamon Rooibos Chai by DAVIDsTEA!

From the moment I smelled it to that very first sip, it was love at first sight.

It has a fairly noticeable aroma of cinnamon when you first smell it. I’m a huge fan of cinnamon so this doesn’t bother me one bit. Looking at the individual loose leaf pieces, I could see rooibos leaves, little pieces of cinnamon, and small chunks of apple.

The smell was pretty good but the taste was even better. It really reminded me of apple cider and I loooooove me some apple cider! The combination of rooibos, cinnamon, and apple work very well together and complement each other nicely. You could taste each ingredient, and one wasn’t too strong over the other. Even though you could really smell cinnamon, the taste of it was not that strong (although my opinion may be slightly biased since I am a seasoned cinnamon consumer).

I found Cinnamon Rooibos Chai to be a very sweet tea (pun intended) and am looking forward to my next cup!

A bit too much sickly sweet cinnamon for me, but I love the tastes of chai and rooibos.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices, Sugar, Sweet

This is a pretty good tea. Not sure if I’d buy it again though.

just get rid of the dried apples, blend with another non-sweet rooibos, and then its decent!

This might be one of my favorite DavidsTea blends. It’s a good balance of sweetness and sharp cinnamon that lingers after the sip. A splash of rice milk complements the cinnamon kick and makes for a soothing, creamy evening cuppa. sipdown

It’s a very nice cinnamon tea. It is very flavorful.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Rooibos