Dream On (organic)

Herbal Tea
Honey, Lemongrass, Fennel, Flowers, Lemon Zest, Licorice, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “Last cup for the night, back home after a good weekend, and have my kitty back :) so off to bed, because a busy Monday is ahead tomorrow, lots to do at work from last week, so it will be a crazy...” Read full tasting note
  • “Dear Steepster friends who say they are freezing: It is currently -49 C with the windchill in Regina, SK. Trade you spots? (Except you, Faith :D ) Sweet dreams! Thank goodness for hot tea!” Read full tasting note
  • “Finally having day 8 from my advent calendar. I can’t believe that I opened the wrong day when I knew about the gold tree covering the 1 of the 18. ARGH. Oh well. This is a great tea for tonight...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bam woke up this morning with a full blown cold. What the heck???? I still have some taste buds left, so that’s good. I received this as a gift and though it would feel goo on my sore throat. I was...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

FORMERLY CALLEDSWEET DREAMS

Getting enough sleep is the key to everything. You’ll have more energy. You’ll have more patience. Your jokes will be funnier. Everyone will love you. Which is where Sweet Dreams comes in. A delicious blend of sleep-inducing chamomile, lemongrass, hibiscus, licorice, lemon, orange and rose petals, it has everything you need to drift off into dreamland – and stay there all night long.

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers, lemongrass, fennel seeds, hibiscus flowers, lemon peel, orange peel, licorice root, lemon myrtle, rose petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I forgot how sweet this tea is! Very strong chamomile flavour with a hint of lemongrass, a nice comforting cup before bed. I oversteeped this for a very long time and it was still absolutely perfect.

Flavors: Honey, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more

Wasn’t paying attention to what I opened and scooped into my cup. Only to realize as I went to take a nice big sniff of the brew that it had chamomile in it. insert tears and sad face here Allergies really suck! I was loving the Christmas fruit cake vibe of the dried leaves.

So I have no clue how this tea tastes, but my oldest is laughing as she sips away on the cup of tea she did not have to make for herself.

I like it as a before-bedtime tea.

Cold Brew Sipdown (212)!

#ProjectTeaWall

Finally, after months of this tea being on back order we got it back in stock which means I can cross it off the list for Project Tea Wall. Not that I’m particularly excited to do so, though. Nothing about this blend really appeals to me – it’s a chamomile heavy herbal with hibiscus and licorice root of all things. The only ingredient that could be redeeming, I fear, is the lemon myrtle. But even that is… not promising.

I chose to cold brew this because I was pretty sure I would dislike it anyway, so I wanted to at least make this tasting memorable/unique. I already understand why this appeals to people as a hot tea/bed time tea but I’d like to be able to offer some other sort of perspective of it.

The taste is much like I thought: predominantly the STRONG taste of gross, floral chamomile with a wickedly sweet licorice root and fennel finish to the sip. However, I definitely though I’d hate it more than I actually am. The lemon is surprisingly strong compared to all these other really dominant flavour notes and it’s counterbalancing them enough that I can handle the overall taste. It’s sweet, and fruity without any acidic qualities, and really what it’s reminding me of is lemon meringue pie filling! If only that was the only flavour here, I think this blend and I would be pretty good friends. That’s not the case though, and that flavour note isn’t enough to completely negate everything else.

However, for a blend I was almost certain that I’d dislike because of the ingredients this holds up pretty well. And, it’s not that I think it’s actually a bad blend overall – all my issues with it purely stem from the fact that the key ingredients/flavours are things that I already know I don’t personally like. Anyone who doesn’t have a strong negative bias towards them like I do would probably be all over this as a night time tea.

Plus, it’s a lot better than the straight chamomile so there’s that.

Did not like the licorice in this tea.

daily resolution 9/14
Chamomile and I do not normally get along.
But I finished the cup, so I guess it was okay.

Flavors: Fennel, Flowers

chamomile, liquorice, and some lemon myrtle are the dominant notes in this tea. relaxing blend that can go with or without honey – i went without. i didn’t really like this tea when i first got it as the liquorice was quite strong, but it has mellowed over time and now is less potent/strong and thus more drinkable for my tastes.

i’d be asleep by now if not for others waking me up…

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon Zest, Licorice

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I needed a good, calming tea for last night before bed. This was one of the teas I ordered to get free shipping. It’s okay. I’m not sure I really gave it a fair shot last night, so I’ll try again.

I’m pleasantly surprised by this tea. Dry, the aroma is so strong that it can be overwhelming, but once it’s steeped, it mellows out and tastes almost rich, but not cloyingly so. I don’t really like chamomile tea, and got this as a gift, so I was reluctant to try it, but quite happy with how it turned out. I don’t know if it’ll become a favourite, but on the first try, it’s not bad at all.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Licorice, Orange Zest