Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Citrusy, Fruity, Passion Fruits, Citrus, Floral, Grapefruit, Honey, Sugar, Sweet, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tropical, Rooibos, Caramel, Oats, Fruit Punch, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes…and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each tasted...” Read full tasting note
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I’m pretty happy that it’s available now so I’m not complaining. First, the appearance. The dry leaves look and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven’t had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David’s Tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this as a Halloween tea. It smelled fruity and I love rooibos so I was excited to try it. After the timer went off I noticed that the tea lived up to its name- it looked exactly like swampwater being all murky green and all. I was kinda reluctant to try it as it looked like hazardous liquid, but I knew better. I was glad I did because it was yummy. A very nice treat for Halloween.

Flavors: Fruity

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Interesting name, which I’ll admit, initially put me off. The colour is… unattractive as well. However I really enjoy the natural sweetness of the Rooibos tea coming through, as well as the unmistakeable taste of strawberries. I do wish this tea wasn’t retired though, as I’d like to stock up on more.

Flavors: Caramel, Strawberry, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

156 – look at all those sipdowns. :)

Thank you VariaTea for giving me a sample of this. I’d heard a lot about it, but for some reason, never picked any up. I didn’t realize it was green rooibos! It gets lots of points for that. I can taste the guava and the passionfruit, but it’s not as sweet as I expected. I suspect it would taste even better iced, so I might grab a little more in the spring!

Thanks again! :D

Kittenna

It was only back for Halloween :(

Cavocorax

Aww. Booooo.Good to know. Guess I’ll jump on it next year.

I love drinking swampwater. Not because of the name to an oh so cute tea but because it makes me feel rejuvenated. Just like if I was drinking a witch’s brew for energy, despite the fact that the tea is classified as not having any sort of stimulant or caffeine. It’s just a good tea to read anything to and to enjoy hot on any occasion, but should definitely have the tea drinker keeping in mind the tea’s namesake. The tea made me realized that I have not read near enough books as I would like on witches. With this tea, I would like to explore that genre more closely.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Witch’s Daughter by Paula Brackston, Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

This sample came out of a lovely holiday package from a Steepsterite who would rather remain anonymous. I wasn’t sure what to expect from it as the name is decidedly unappetizing, but the included flavors sound fruity and nice. I was confused by the addition of sprinkles until I saw the color of the steeped tea – dark sludgy green/black. Dry, the tea smells fruity and somewhat tart.

Meh, there’s not enough flavor here for me. Green rooibos is very mild to begin with, and the fruit flavoring is quite subtle, so it kind of ends up tasting like a big cup of bland. And for some reason it’s making my throat scratchy/itchy, which isn’t something that usually happens to me with rooibos. I guess this one’s just not for me!

Flavors: Fruity

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Made this one last night after I finished off the Lime Gelato. Dry it smells like fruity oatmeal and hot the taste is similar. It’s not actually super grainy in taste, it just leans that way (smell influencing how the taste is perceived?). I accidentally left this one sitting and, when I came back to it, it had cooled down to room temperature. I expected this to be bitter (too many green teas lately?) but it was SO FRUITY AND DELICIOUS. Wow! I don’t normally go for iced tea or cold brews, but this was so tasty cold I think I have to try it.

Flavors: Fruity, Oats

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m not big on strawberry flavoring in teas, and this tea reminded me way. I don’t have much to say about it other than our tasted like the nerds candies.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t go caffeine-free often, although I probably should do more often. Any case, I bought this twice without even really wanting it, because it came in the “Back from the Dead” collection, and also in a little coffin box with a black cat on it. And again, no power to resist anything spooky! So now I have a lot of Swampwater, haha. Fortunately, I quite enjoyed it! It tastes like a really nice fruit punch, and that’s about all I remember tasting. I was rather distracted at the time doing other stuff around the house, and it was kind of late in the evening, but I’ll definitely keep this one in mind for future evening hot drinks, and maybe I’ll hang on to a bit to try it iced in warmer weather. Because winter is coming. ;)

Flavors: Fruit Punch

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was one of my first teas from DAVIDs, and I have fond memories of drinking this with my roommate. I was quite happy to see it return, though I’m not as excited by it as I recall being.

There’s lots of woody rooibos flavour, and a touch of that throat scratchiness, and then a lot of fruit, but not specific fruit notes I can pick out.

Still very tasty but I think my palate has broadened and my tastes have shifted since I last had this.

Flavors: Fruity, Wood

I was SOOOO excited to see this tea show up for Halloween. We started drinking tea when this one was still a bit of a big deal but was no longer available. I badly wanted to try it but it just was not around. I ran down to David’s last night to pick up some of it and it was amazing! It lived up to all of my expectations! I like green rooibos so much better than red and the green rooibos blends so well with the fruit flavours. I am glad to see this one back and I hope it sticks around on line for a little while!

Anlina

I’m super pumped for this one too. It was one of the first DAVIDs teas that I tried, and I have fond memories of drinking it with my roommate at our old house.