Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Creamy, Lavender, Rooibos, Wood, Apple, Honey, Straw, Floral, Vanilla, Flowers, Perfume, Rose, Cream, Caramel, Chocolate, Earth, Marshmallow, Toasty, Smooth, Frosting, Nutty
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

• “Last cup of the night. I was making Bday Cake by DavidsTea but the bf didn’t like the maple smell, so I poured it out haha. This one took its place. With a splash of milk, this tastes like a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Maybe it’s a little sad or needy of me, but I was wondering why no one had liked or commented on my tasting note of Jessie’s Day from earlier today – sure it wasn’t witty or anything, but not one...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m finishing off this sample today. I can see myself maybe picking up another simple size of this in the distant future, but it certainly won’t be a cupboard staple for me. The flavor is...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I took a sip and my mother looked at me and said “you don’t look like you are enjoying that” and to be honest, I am not. I loved it for so long but my last few cups just haven’t been all that...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

Price per 50g: $7.50

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea sounds so good in theory, but in reality, I forced myself through a rather large sample (at least 20g) without ever truly loving it. The lavender always ends up coming off with a sort of play-doh taste to me. Im not sure if thats just how it tastes, but it overpowers any hint of coconut and even overpowers most of the rooibos (which is impressive given how strong rooibos is!). I have to admit, floral teas aren’t usually my thing, so maybe that is my problem more than the tea’s, and it wasn’t the worst tea I’ve ever tasted and I don’t entirely hate it, but it won’t become a likely rebuy while there are so many better teas on offer.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Much better than the Spiced Pumpkin from earlier. I tried this in store (though I was already planning on getting some) it could definitely use some sweetener but I’m actually liking this one a little better than Adagio’s black Coconut tea in some ways.
Definitely can taste some nice creamy notes and the coconut is pretty strong.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

1 tsp

Taking FULL advantage of the 1$ iced teas with my iced tea mug I got on sale and got this tea today! Luckily I LOVE coconut and coconut teas! The girl in line behind me sampled it and couldnt finish the sample because of all the coconut but that was right up my alley! The rooibos wasn’t to strong and the lavender was subtle but a really good addition to the tea. Not sure if I would like it hot but definitely have to buy some to brew it over ice myself!
Also the free sample of their new peanut butter cup tea was a nice surprise :)

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender

A very kind friend gave me this tea because she wasn’t really a fan of it. I had been wanting to try it for a while so it worked out nicely lol

I think I enjoy this tea. It kind of reminds me of marshmallows for some reason. I think it is because it’s so sweet. It reminds me of those toasty coconut marshmallows! The coconut is quite strong in this, but it’s not bad. I personally wish it was more lavender than coconut, because the lavender is such an undertone for me. Maybe I just didn’t get much of it in this cup.

I am starting to think that it is rooibos that I’m not a huge fan of. Something in this tea kind of throws it off balance for me and I think it might be the fact that it is a rooibos tea.

Overall this tea isn’t bad and I will enjoy the rest of the bag, but I don’t think that I will restock. It’s a little too sweet for my taste and the rooibos isn’t my favorite. It is in no way the worst tea I’ve had though!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Earth, Honey, Lavender, Marshmallow, Rooibos, Toasty, Wood

The coconut creaminess here is a little heavy-handed, but I like it! The lavender makes a nice backdrop for the coconut. Overall this is a very soothing blend that’s perfect for evening sipping. Unless you dislike coconut, in which case this is most certainly not for you :-)

Great tea. Very good brewed straight. Undertones of sweetness and very smooth to drink.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Smooth

Delicious! Toasty coconut with just a hint of sweet floral lavender. I adore coconut, so this was my idea of perfect. Excellent with a baby-tiny-bit of sweetener and a hint of half&half. One of my favorites of David’s lineup.

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender, Toasty

I’m always looking to expand my caffeine free flavor palette, so I can take some of the overcaffeinated burden off my heart. I’ve had this on my wishlist for a while and got a chance to try it today. This tea is rich with red rooibos and its medicine-herbal flavor, but it is tempered with some barky, nutty honeybush. Creamy coconut is very forward and adds much of the sweetness to this blend. I have a hard time detecting the lavender when brewed, but the loose leaf certainly looks pretty with cornflowers and lavender.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Frosting, Nutty

Tried this one just by itself at first without any sweetener and was a little overwhelmed by the coconut. Definitely not much of a lavender taste at first, but as the brew cooled I was able to taste it more and more over the coconut. I really enjoyed it as is, but wasn’t completely in love like I thought I would be.
For my second cup I added a touch of lavender honey that I found in Boston and that made it for me. I really enjoy this tea and will probably buy a tin once I finish my sample.

I had this tea after a long evening of trying to (quietly) assemble an Ikea tv stand. It was pretty much perfect. The lavender is the first thing I tasted. I’ve never had lavender tea before, so I was pleasantly surprised. There was almost a candy flavour to it. Nice subtle hints of coconut, and the flavour of the rooibos comes through in the end, a little bitter, but I steeped for a full 7 minutes, so that wasn’t surprising. Very nice, relaxing tea. I picked up a sample size this time, but I will definitely be adding this to my regular collection.

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp