Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Creamy, Lavender, Rooibos, Wood, Apple, Honey, Straw, Floral, Vanilla, Flowers, Perfume, Rose, Cream, Caramel, Chocolate, Earth, Marshmallow, Toasty, Smooth, Frosting, Nutty
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

• “Last cup of the night. I was making Bday Cake by DavidsTea but the bf didn’t like the maple smell, so I poured it out haha. This one took its place. With a splash of milk, this tastes like a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Maybe it’s a little sad or needy of me, but I was wondering why no one had liked or commented on my tasting note of Jessie’s Day from earlier today – sure it wasn’t witty or anything, but not one...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m finishing off this sample today. I can see myself maybe picking up another simple size of this in the distant future, but it certainly won’t be a cupboard staple for me. The flavor is...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I took a sip and my mother looked at me and said “you don’t look like you are enjoying that” and to be honest, I am not. I loved it for so long but my last few cups just haven’t been all that...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

Price per 50g: $7.50

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a tea that has grown on me. The first couple of times that I made it, I wasn’t a fan, but I had two bags of it (one purchased, one gifted), so I figured I’d try it again. Now it’s becoming a staple during my nightly routine. This tea is mellow and not too sweet. I use lavender and chamomile lotion and room Wallflowers from Bath & Body Works to relax me and this tea helps to accomplish the same thing. :)

the first time i smelled this in a david’s tea shop in toronto, i was smitten. the lavender and coconut and sweet scent of the rooibos leaves was really appealing to me. i could have tried a cup before buying a whole tin of it, but i chose not to. tasting before buying would have saved me a few dollars and half a tin of wasted tea.

honestly, im disappointed in jessie’s tea. i keep drinking it to see if i will change my mind, but ive gone through half the tin at this point and most of the time i feel like im sipping on diluted suntan lotion. its a very perfumey, artificial tasting tea and as much as i want to love it, i just dont.

in theory, it seemed to me like a really cool combination of flavors. i like coconut, i like rooibos, and i like lavender. mixed together, as experience has sadly taught me, the result is bloody awful.

Cup of the evening, a nice way to wind down with freshly made cookies. <3 lavender.

The only word I can use to describe this tea is MYSTERIOUS. Everything about this tea, from its smell to its taste to its ingredients is mysterious. But yet so delicious.

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender

This was exactly what I was looking for. I have so many black teas, chais, and I didn’t need another green. I have a chai rooibos that I LOVE. Rooibos is proving to be one of my favourite types of tea. However, I’ve only had strong fruity or chai flavours of rooibos so far, and I’ve wanted one that has that true woodsy, earthy taste with a subtle sweetness to it.

Jessie’s tea is just EXACTLY that! It has that great woodsy, rooibos flavour, but isn’t too overpowering from the delicious light coconut in the background. Also, I don’t find the lavender to be bad at all. I’ve never drank a lavender tea and I don’t notice anything bad about it in this one!

Beware, it is very very relaxing. The description on the website refers to it as “it’s like having your own personal spa.” They were not over exaggerating! :)

(This tea is great for me as I’m a working college student and often have trouble unwinding at night… So far it has helped a lot! So college students out there, I definitely recommend this to you… and to anyone else who is a rooibos fan!)

Flavors: Coconut, Floral, Vanilla, Wood

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

Such a great take on Rooibos, this is one of my favorites! Each sip seems to bring something new, as the tea cools it expresses distinctly different flavors. It may be a little woody at first but give it a few moments and the ride begins, through the lavender to the coconut and finishing with the cornflower. A lovely ride from a lovely tea!

I hate hate hate this tea. It’s just hard to drink…so bitter and smells horrible!!
The funny thing that happened was my roommate left the tea steeping over night and we both thought that it tasted a bit better in the morning.
Some people love it…some hate it i guess..

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

Yuck! I hated this tea, it tasted like the smell of a stinky gym bag and garbage. I passed my cup to my boyfriend who usually hates coconut things, yet he loved this tea. I honestly didn’t taste any coconut (I love coconut!) and think that it was made with too much lavender. I’m very hit or miss with rooibos based teas. This one is one I will not be getting again, bleh!

I drank the last of this tea recently, and was sad to see it go. I think that it was the only rooibos I ever grew attached to. It was perfect for putting in a thermos when working late at night, or when feeling not quite up-to-scratch on a winter’s evening.

I’ll miss having a drinkable decaf tea in my cupboard. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Flavors: Coconut

I enjoyed this tea very much. I kinda fell in love with this. I kept thinking how sweet and how yummythis is. I actually crave this tea and i just add a bit of honey or German rock sugar and it tastesso good.