Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Fruity, Mint, Floral, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Medicinal, Tart, Flowers, Tea, Lemon Zest, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tangy, Herbaceous, Sweet, Herbs
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so I’m probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That’s the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sooo for some reason I don’t have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here’s my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you Cavocorax for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won’t be a restock but it is...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally leave my tea bags in the cup, especially for herbals since I find them quite weak. Well I tried that with this one since it didn’t have much colour and it was horrible. I took the tea leaves out and although I find the peppermint to be overly strong I am enjoying this tea a lot. I am actually sitting here yawning and that is unheard of for me. I think this may become my nighttime tea from now on since I have so many problems sleeping.
Well off to bed. LOL.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

this tea is my life saver. I work various hours starting from 5 am shift to 12hours shifts. i can’t sleep. My days off-i’d try to chance up on my sleep. I couldn’t. I walked around like a zombie. Till i found this tea- it literally knocked me out. : )

My real mother is jealous of this tea, wishing she could lull me to sleep by herself. Seriously. She said that.

I’ve been experimenting with finding different teas to help me get to sleep lately – this one is definitely one of the best I’ve found. I chose it as an alternative to the Vata Ayurvedic tea (which I also love) because I’m not a fan of licorice root and there is none in this one. I really love the soothing mix of peppermint and chamomile in this tea – they work together nicely without being too overwhelming. Those are really the only of the herbal ingredients I can make out, but there is a really nice sweet aftertaste. Plus, the dry leaves and flowers look really pretty (always a bonus).

This tea really helps me to unwind and relax before bedtime. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and drowsy and helps to regulate and calm my system. Drinking it before hitting the hay has definitely become my nighttime routine.

I also have to say that one of the DT salesgirls recommended that I try mixing the Mother’s Little Helper AND the Vata Ayurvedic teas (half and half) to make the ultimate bedtime combination, saying that she swears by it; the Vata to stop your stressing/anxiety in its tracks and the Mother’s L.H. to send you over the edge in drowsiness. I tried this and it was even better than both of them separately (and it kept my cup from being too overrun by the licorice in the Vata tea)! A must try for those looking for some nighttime help :)

Goodnight ;)

The blend of chamomile & peppermint is perfect. Honestly, this tea could help anyone unwind after a rough day, and do so with flavour. I’m not a big fan of straight chamomile so having the other ingredients there definitely makes it easy to enjoy.

Drank it straight, without sugar, lemon or milk.

Surprisingly hadn’t tried this tea till now, so I used a free tea on it. For some reason I always thought it was for mothers, and since I’m not a mother, I never tried it. But apparently its a good night time tea as well. This tea is actually pretty good. Minty, but fruity as well. Its really kind of soothing. I like.

Flavors: Fruity, Mint

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I enjoyed drinking and sipping on this tea. It tastes very good with honey (or something used as sweetener, like dates). This tea is perfect for relaxing and honestly, for unwinding after a stressful day at work or school. As already stated, this tea helps with sleep because of the ingredients in it, and I can honestly tell you that I have always had fulfilling rest at night with nice vivid dreams everytime I had this tea. This tea is designed nice too when in a cup, if you look, you will notice pretty blue cornflowers!! Otherwise, I highly recommend this tea that you own one in your piles! Thank God for this blessing. :) By the way, there is not a strong taste to this tea as the flavors are very gentle and mellow. Hence why you may not get strong reaction when drinking this tea. It’s perfect.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

I enjoy mint flavoured tea a lot, but something about this tea I didn’t love. Most likely the camomile since I had a tea perviously that I hated with that primary ingredient. Otherwise it’s not too bad (Given to me as a gift)

Flavors: Floral, Mint

This is the first tea that I tried and didn’t like. It’s in every DavidsTea collection, it’s a fan favourite, and everybody is always telling me how great it is. Yet, I still don’t get it. When I tried it, it was entirely flavourless. It sincerely tasted like nothing. I want to like this tea, since every time I see a collection of tea, it’s there; but I can’t get any flavour from it.

So far my favourite before-bedtime tea. I definitely need to keep a good supply on hand.

I got this tea in a set. I have a low tolerance for mint/peppermint and I really wish they’d skipped the peppermint flavouring in this one as there’s just a tiny bit too much for me to find it super enjoyable. It’s now on the “roommates welcome” shelf. I did find it to have a calming effect though and I don’t usually find that with “calming” teas so I can see myself re-visiting it a few times.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Peppermint