Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Floral, Jasmine, Smooth, Bitter, Flowers, Grass, Vegetal, Astringent, Green, Tannin, Earth, Herbaceous, Pine, Grapes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it’s just being pulled in so many directions right now and I’m so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my ‘two new daily teas’, or at...” Read full tasting note
  • “Continuing on the finishing of samples, this one is out. I don’t really like this at all. It’s WAY too strongly jasmine to the point it just completely overpowers the green tea. I couldn’t even...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown, 173. I got samples of this from I think multiple people (who were not fans of jasmine and trying to get rid of it I think), though I can’t remember from whom. Sorry, swap parterners, and...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got this as a sample with an order a long time ago. Smells like strong jasmine. Thankfully, it does not taste as strong. It is not overy perfumed, but it does have that silky mouthfeel. This...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t usually drink straight green teas, but I was sent some of this one for free so, why not? This is actually a very nice and smooth tea, but has very prominent jasmine flavouring. I added some sugar and its nice. Floral and of course, the green tea. I like this, but only once in a while.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Smooth

DAVIDsTEA carries three jasmine-scented green teas currently, and this is the lowest grade of their offerings. I found it to be an average jasmine green tea, similar to what I’ve gotten in restaurants, but nothing special. Compared to their Butterfly Jasmine or Dragon Pearls, the Silk Dragon Jasmine is more astringent and oceanic. Tastes more perfume-y than other jasmine teas I’ve tried.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine

Wasn’t a fan of this one. I found the jasmine overpowering and the flavour quite bitter and overly floral. I tried it yesterday and thought I had just prepared it wrong, but today is no better. Time to move on to something else and drink a bunch of water to clear the palate.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Flowers, Jasmine

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

A very simple green tea. Has a prominent jasmine flavour. Would go well with peppermint flavouring or mixing with a peppermint tea. Don’t over-steep and sugar helps with the overall flavour. Pairs well with a meal with more complex flavours.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Grass, Jasmine, Vegetal

190 °F / 87 °C 1 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

My sister (jump62359 – go find her she’s great and she got me into tea) gave me a little sample of this tea like… years ago. So it’s probably not good anymore but I’m still drinking it. I think I should have brewed it a little longer. The jasmine taste is so mild. It’s still good but not as strong as I hoped.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 20 OZ / 591 ML

Pretty decent Jasmine tea. Ive had better at a better price, but this ones not bad. Ill be buying this again simple because its readily available at the local DT Store.

This is an ok jasmine tea with a strong green tea base. You can really taste the grassy (but slightly astringent) green flavour. The leaves doubled in size for me (I was actually quite impressed!) and they unravel into beautiful medium sized leaf sections.

Flavors: Astringent, Flowers, Grass, Green, Jasmine, Tannin

Kristal

I’ve had this tea many times, and my thoughts are similar. For me, I don’t like how prone to bitterness this tea is and therefore I tend to go towards getting Butterfly jasmine (which is amazing) instead. Frequent Steeper points are redeemable soon and I’m definitely using them for Butterfly Jasmine!

daily resolution 13/14
I like green tea. I like jasmine. I like this tea.
Re-steeps well.
Not impressed by the quality of the leaves (lots of little chopped up bits), but I guess there’s a reason this is the cheapest jasmine green on DAVIDsTEA.

Flavors: Grass, Green, Jasmine

This is one of my favorite green teas.

I am not a fan of green teas as much as other teas, call it my palate, call it blasphemy from a person who is easily labeled as a tea fanatic, but I simply call it the truth. Yet the tea from the first taste is bittersweet reminding of the world of a family I once read that were faced with the same sweet and bitter battle about their own lives in trying to find the balance between the gain in the lost.

The books recommended for this tea are: The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard (the family I mentioned in the tea note) and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet by Jamie Ford.

This is the first tea I ever bought in loose leaf form, or brewed myself. Tried this as an iced tea in the store, and was sold. 4 oz. Brought it home but did not make it until a couple nights ago. The taste is herbaceous and vegetal, and reminds me of being outdoors in the woods. The first hot sip was heavenly and very comforting, and I was pleased to find that even a slightly long steep time did not make the flavor overly harsh. Even as it cooled, the flavor was still wonderful. I managed to get two additional steepings from my leaves, with a gradual mellowing of flavor occurring on each re-steep.

Flavors: Earth, Green, Herbaceous, Jasmine, Pine, Vegetal