Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Bitter, Burnt, Floral, Green, Jasmine, Smooth, Flowers, Grass, Vegetal, Astringent, Tannin, Earth, Herbaceous, Pine, Grapes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it’s just being pulled in so many directions right now and I’m so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my ‘two new daily teas’, or at...” Read full tasting note
  • “Continuing on the finishing of samples, this one is out. I don’t really like this at all. It’s WAY too strongly jasmine to the point it just completely overpowers the green tea. I couldn’t even...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown, 173. I got samples of this from I think multiple people (who were not fans of jasmine and trying to get rid of it I think), though I can’t remember from whom. Sorry, swap parterners, and...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got this as a sample with an order a long time ago. Smells like strong jasmine. Thankfully, it does not taste as strong. It is not overy perfumed, but it does have that silky mouthfeel. This...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 4 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017

Unfortunately, on the day that I had this (yes, my logs are a little bit behind) I was pulling an all-nighter and ended up not getting around to drinking the tea before it got cold. I even tried reheating it and still it got cold before I had the opportunity to drink it. Still, even cold and a day old, it tasted pretty good.

2 min, 0 sec 12 tsp

Advent Calendar 2017, Day 4: Very strong floral jasmine smell and flavor. I found it overpowering and cloying, but still somewhat appealing. Got a decent second steep out of it.

1.25 tsp of teas, 1 “perfect spoon”

Wonderful scent. A very calming aroma. As is the flavor. Nice and gentle. Nothing too strong. The leaves are quite broken. Nothing like tea bag broken but I get the feeling this tea would taste even better if the leaves were more intact. Make sure to steep it under boiling or you will burn the leaves.

From #24DaysofTea, Day 4. Smelled pretty good, and it was one of the better green teas I’ve had. Still, it was a little overpowering for me, and I couldn’t finish it. Alas, you are a pretty good tea for green tea drinkers… too bad I’m not one of them!

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 30 sec 51 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve tried different kinds of Jasmine Green Tea and this is one of the best. The taste of the jasmine is a bit strong but not as strong as the other Jasmine Green Tea I’ve tried. I like how even though it’s a bit strong, I can still taste the green tea with it. I am just not a fan of flowery tea as it messed up with my sense of taste and smell. Overall, not a kind of tea I will keep in my cupboard but can’t say No if offered.

Super floral nose, very smooth taste with little aftertaste. This is my first time trying jasmine tea and I would have it again!

Another of the Resolution sample sets. I was excited to try this tea! I love all things green tea related and made sure to prepare the tea as stated.

Dried the leaf had a delightful earthy and mint scent. It brewed a cloudy cider with a very earthy aroma. I was in heaven… until I took a sip… I burnt the leaf.

The resolution that came with this tea… no idea I was so upset I forgot to write it down as I tore the sticker off the container and re-purposed it into a paper clip holder for my desk at work.

The burning of this leaf has sent me on a mission to find a new kettle with a thermometer like my old one before it broke.

Flavors: Bitter, Burnt

I don’t usually drink straight green teas, but I was sent some of this one for free so, why not? This is actually a very nice and smooth tea, but has very prominent jasmine flavouring. I added some sugar and its nice. Floral and of course, the green tea. I like this, but only once in a while.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Smooth

DAVIDsTEA carries three jasmine-scented green teas currently, and this is the lowest grade of their offerings. I found it to be an average jasmine green tea, similar to what I’ve gotten in restaurants, but nothing special. Compared to their Butterfly Jasmine or Dragon Pearls, the Silk Dragon Jasmine is more astringent and oceanic. Tastes more perfume-y than other jasmine teas I’ve tried.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine

Wasn’t a fan of this one. I found the jasmine overpowering and the flavour quite bitter and overly floral. I tried it yesterday and thought I had just prepared it wrong, but today is no better. Time to move on to something else and drink a bunch of water to clear the palate.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Flowers, Jasmine