Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Burnt, Coffee, Artificial, Cocoa, Almond, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Wet Wood, Earth, Bitter, Dirt, Chocolate, Nuts, Nutty, Hay, Wood, Cream, Grass, Sweet, Espresso
High
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched “sipdown” when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch — ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain’t helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has jumped...” Read full tasting note
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I’m also a little grumpy—apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead of...” Read full tasting note
  • “If you subconsciously associate the “Chunky Monkey” ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s with this tea, well… Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I bought a tin of this because well I love coffee and thought that I would naturally like this… not so much. I don’t dislike this but there is so many competing flavors that the taste just feels off. Also not a fan of the oil slick that is part of this tea. I don’t think I will be repurchasing this one.

Flavors: Artificial, Burnt, Coffee

Yum!

Flavors: Cocoa, Coffee

Sipdown.

Love the smell of this one since its all coffee and chocolate. The taste? Not so much. It’s kind of like a watered down version of black coffee and I’m not big on coffee with no additives to begin with.

Due to the presence of whole coffee beans in this blend, I was extremely worried that it would taste like watered-down coffee. To my surprise, this tea provided a substantial and sweet blending of coffee and white chocolate with a hint of almond. Even though I drink it without milk, it reminds me of a mocha late. However, the flavor profile is much more complex.

This tea has become one of my go-to work staples, and it provides the perfect pick-me up for sluggish afternoons.

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, White Chocolate

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this one. I loathe coffee, and that was definitely the predominant scent of the brew. But the flavor was really just nutty and roasted and a touch creamy. I’m not sure I’ll purchase it because my mind kept telling.e it tasted like coffee, even though it didn’t. But I did enjoy the sample I had.

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Vanilla, Wet Wood

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The smell was deceptive. The first swallow didn’t seem to bad. The second mouthful had me rushing to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. This was gross. Beyond gross. If I wanted to drink coffee, I’d drink coffee, which I don’t, I drink tea.

Flavors: Coffee

This tea is gross. I tried adding sweetener and did not think it could be possible, but this addition made it worse. Not worth finishing or buying ever again.

Second day of the Advent Calander. Coffee Tea? YES. Get in my face quickly.

Once steeped the coffee element is a lot more subtle then I’d expected it to be. I’ve only had Yerba Mate once or twice, and a good while ago so I didn’t know what kind of flavor I’d get there. I enjoyed the flavor over all quite a bit, and so did my husband who rarely agrees with me on anything when it comes to tea.

The one thing I will say, I’ve heard Yerba Mate is energizing and I got none of that from this tea. I drank it in the evening and it did nothing to give me a refresh. In fact I dozed off halfway through the glass, finished it upon waking up, and went straight to sleep.

Flavors: Coffee

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 2 of the 2016 advent calendar! I’ve been busy all day so I’m being smart about things by having this coffee mate, at… 8 PM. Oh well, I’ve still got loads of things I need to get done so I’ll still get to sleep fine (I hope). The tea itself smells very interesting… it’s very woody with some coffee in there. I recall having this once before in 2014 I think but I don’t actually remember anything about this tea.

Admittedly it is better than I was expecting. It’s actually pretty smooth and the chicory coffee taste is nice. It’s one of the most unique coffee teas that I’ve ever tasted, really. I like this as its own thing, so I think it’s unfair for me to compare it to other teas in its category. I’m not sure if I’ll get any of this in-store, but I’m enjoying this cup.

Day 2 of the DavidsTea calendar! I like this more than most of the other reviewers did. I am not a coffee drinker but I like mild coffee flavor if the bitterness can be curtailed. And this has a lot going on.

I taste the coffee flavor, I taste sweetness, and somehow there is a little hint of mint-like brightness. Overall, it is smooth and delicious. This seems like a great tea for sipping as you read a book quietly by yourself. This is one I may repurchase for just such an occasion.

Thank you, SuperAnna!