Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Burnt, Coffee, Artificial, Cocoa, Almond, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Wet Wood, Earth, Bitter, Dirt, Chocolate, Nuts, Nutty, Hay, Wood, Cream, Grass, Sweet, Espresso
High
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched “sipdown” when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch — ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain’t helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has jumped...” Read full tasting note
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I’m also a little grumpy—apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead of...” Read full tasting note
  • “If you subconsciously associate the “Chunky Monkey” ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s with this tea, well… Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yum! Very decadent tea, with some milk and rock sugar. It will leave the cup oily with the white chocolate.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nuts, Wood

Could not drink this, past two sips.
Maybe it’ll work better for people who actually like coffee (which I admittedly do not). It brews up like mild coffee, bitter, strong aftertaste. Even smells bitter even though the dry tea smells like heavenly chocolate coffee.
It might taste good as a latte but I shouldn’t have to drown my tea in milk and sugar for it to be drinkable.

Traded it right away.

Flavors: Bitter, Coffee

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 15 sec 7 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

daily resolution 3/14
Reviewing in retrospect.
If I want something vaguely vanilla and vaguely coffee, I’ll go to Starbucks and get full vanilla and full coffee instead. This was somehow both too weak and too strong.
Might try it again with milk and see if that improves things.

Flavors: Coffee, Cream, Grass, Vanilla

Another from “your daily resolution” sampler. Obviously I am not waiting till the new year to start digging in to this collection. This is one that caught my attention immediately since I am also a coffee drinker. I found the flavor intriguing, interesting but I also feel indifferent towards it. I think it is the yerba mate I notice the most, or is that the chicory? Tasting notes of wood, twigs, maybe a little grassy, maybe a little smokey, I can smell the vanilla but not sure it comes through when tasting. Happy to have tried a sample but it won’t be replacing my coffee habit anytime soon.

7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Because I am braver at trying coffee-flavoured teas, now, LOL.

I like Espresso Yourself better than this one, though I suspect that may have to do with the fact that I had more of a flavour to that one than I had here (less leaves, not steeped as long as it could have been). Also, that ones seems to be a lot less simpler in composition, so there might have been too many flavour profiles wrestling to de domiannt in this. Overall, not terrible, and okay in a pinch.

I really like this one, better than the old blend. I like that it smells of chocolate and coffee (like a moka). It wakes up, which is good, and actually tastes better than coffee! A great alternative for those who want something else to wake them up.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coffee, White Chocolate

The smell of this one is SO GOOD. Like a mocha chocolate coffee cake or something. I was looking forward to trying this one all day, and then when I brewed it – SALTY. Smelled like broth. Kinda looked like broth. Definitely disappointing. I’ll steep again, maybe I got a dud cup? Blech.

Made myself a cup of this when I went to my parent’s house last weekend. I’ve heard often about it but never bought it because I dislike coffee. But. Hey! This is not that bad! And, well, there is white chocolate in it. I would have a white chocolate in anything (almost). A bit bitter but not too much, a bit creamy and chocolatty. Is this how mocha taste? Not bad, not bad.

I wanted to like this, truly. I purchased it hoping it would be more coffee-like. It smells amazing. Sniffing the contents of the bag reminded me of the experience one has when sniffing freshly ground coffee. So, obviously, I had high hopes. I probably should’ve known better. When I want a hot tea in the morning I usually reach for a black tea, straight or flavored. When I want a cold/iced tea in the morning I reach for a maté or a matcha. I think my brain knew that this would end badly. Initially I tried it iced and I couldn’t even finish the glass. I tried it hot with a dash of non-dairy milk, and, while it tasted infinitely better than the iced version, it left me feeling quite underwhelmed. Despite the list of bold/strong ingredients, I found the tea to be quite mild and bland.

I might give Espresso Yourself a try.

Go #2. I’m getting more of the white chocolate coming through, which I like. Still not a lot, but I taste it. I really like that there’s virtually no aftertaste…my mouth feels clean after I’ve swallowed, whereas a lot of teas leave me thinking I really need to swish some water around or brush my teeth.

Flavors: White Chocolate