Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Bitter, Burnt, Earth, Smooth, Sugar, Marshmallow, Toasted, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Pastries, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Wood, Molasses, Nuts, Burnt Sugar, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Cat-Nap

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a PITA! anyway i digress… i...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there’s no actual...” Read full tasting note
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to me...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Always a great dessert choice. Sweet and satisfying!

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

Enjoyed another cup of this tea with breakfast. I find it interesting that each brew takes on a different taste though.

Dried it smelled like burnt caramel. It brewed an orange brown colour and smelt like an earthy toasted caramel. While sipping the cup I was reminded of toasted marshmellows.

Flavors: Marshmallow, Toasted

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 0 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Of all of the 24 teas in the advent calendar, this is one of the few that stood out for me. I loved the scent of this one – rich, buttery, caramel-y. Whereas a lot of David’s Teas tended to have a better aroma than test, the taste measures up well enough for this one.

I liked this one plain with no milk. It was a great way to end a heavy (carb-laden) meal, when you just can’t have a real dessert, and on rainy days when you want something light but comforting.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 9 OZ / 266 ML

I needed a night brew and I got a sweet one thanks to Evol. The rooibos was as wood-fruity as ever, but the flavoring was pretty good having some smoothness along the slightly artificial edge. I offset the rooibos dryness with honey, and that worked out well without taking too much from the caramel. I easily see this tea being something you add cream to with honey or sugar. I do want to try a tea with coconut sugar eventually…

This one is a go to for me. When I can’t decide which tea to drink, I choose this one. Tastes sugary but not too much. It’s a perfect fit for any time of day or year.