Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Bitter, Burnt, Earth, Smooth, Sugar, Marshmallow, Toasted, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Pastries, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Wood, Molasses, Nuts, Burnt Sugar, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Cat-Nap

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a PITA! anyway i digress… i...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there’s no actual...” Read full tasting note
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to me...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day #17 of tea!

How have I never completed a tasting note for this one before now? Oh well, it’s getting done now, haha. This was an excellent treat this afternoon, after I got in from a walk (brrr, it was cold). There are other rooibos teas I like better than this one (cinnamon chai being the main example), as I’m not as crazy about caramel/toffee teas as some others tend to be. But I liked this, with the usual addition of milk, and I’ve got enough of the sample left for another couple of cups, so that’s good.

Enjoyable cuppa last night. I have been craving caramel lately for some reason. This fit the bill!

I did a bit of shuffling about in my stash today because things were just getting way too chaotic.

The plan is to devise a new tea storage system, which may or may not work, in which I will select thirty or forty targeted teas in various categories to keep out and accessible for the week. Hopefully, this will help with sip downs and rotation to keep things visible and in mind instead of blindly flailing about and running hither dither in search of a specific something.

Lately, I haven’t been drinking many non caffeinated teas and this needs to stop. Hence, this. Nothing much further to say aside from rooibos benefitting from cooler water to tone down the woodiness.
Rooibos here kind of carries the sweet maple caramel. Good. Maybe a bit too sweet, but good. It could do with a glug of milk.

Today this finally tastes a bit caramel-y. It’s got some nutty, woodsy notes to it which is interesting but I finally taste the creamy sweet caramel (and a bit of molasses.) I hope this tea keeps it up because I really want a good caramel tea in my collection!

Flavors: Caramel, Molasses, Nuts, Wood

This tea is delicious! With a little bit of sweetener, it is almost like having dessert. I find it especially comforting to drink during the winter. Would definitely recommend.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla

Backlogged!
I’ve been wondering why I have not been drinking tea in the evenings? I’ve got so many nice herbal and rooibos blends, I should be enjoying an evening cup of tea! So I’m making a push to do that.
This was a sample from Ost, I think, and I’m really glad I tried it. Its a rooibos, which I have a hit and miss relationship with, but its well blended, with a nice caramel-y aftertaste. A really nice evening cuppa.

A delicious, light and sweet red rooibos infusion.

The caramel smell filled my kitchen and the taste of the tea was a match.
Definitely one of my top 5 from DavidsTea. Served hot with 1 tbsp. milk

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet

Sipdown and won’t really miss this perfectly OK Rooibos. Pretty mild caramel flavor. As the weather warms up, I am finding Rooibos feels a bit heavy in the evenings, and if I do go the Rooibos route, I would much rather have Lupicia’s Caramel & Rum or Whistling Kettle’s Marzipan.

Wow!

What an epic first Rooibos tea to try. I got lucky and ended up smelling this tea in DT because i’m a caramel freak, and bought about 10 bucks worth to take home on a whim.

It’s looks are quite deceiving, for when you look at it – rather than hitting you with pink, glitter & all things your mind would associate as sweet – you see a dark maroon rooibos with random scatterings of cream coloured cubes of caramel.
Yes, you can eat it. And yes, I tried a piece!

I steeped the tea in hot water for about 5 minutes. It smelt like someone was baking something in the kitchen. Happiness.

And then, the tasting! It’s sweet and velvety. Totally wakes you up, or calms you down, based on your state of mind. Its one of those tea’s that goes well at any time of the day – or night – quite like Indian milk chai. So if you’re one of those people who appreciates a finisher, you’ll dig this.

Also, a great band to listen to while you drink CCR, is CCR !

A must have tea in my cupboard. Always.

Flavors: Caramel, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Mmm this is so good…lightly sweet but definitely has a caramel taste/smell and feels so decadent. I was about to make a nice hot chocolate but decided on this instead. Probably a way better and healthier choice! Will try this as a latte next.