The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Strawberry
Bergamot, Strawberry, Fruity, Smooth, Berries, Earl Grey, Floral, Rose, Berry, Astringent, Perfume, Lemon, Earth, Sweet, Citrus, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “It’s being held hostage in my travel mug. I can’t get the top to open and I can’t get it to ACTUALLY open either. Cries. I managed a sweet few sips out of it because it leaks…time to find a new...” Read full tasting note
  • “Love this one in the hot weather. Juicy berries, citrus, and a good, strong tea base to keep your energy from flagging. I give it a shortish, slightly cooler than boiling steep to keep the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Made this one as a cold brew. Brewed for about 8 hours. I think I prefer this one as a hot brew vs a cold brew. There is more strawberry, raspberry taste as a cold brew. However, the artificial...” Read full tasting note
  • “To be fair, my stash of this is getting on in age (1 year? 1.5?)but today’s cuppa was just not great. There was no bergamot, and only a light hint of fruit to mask the black tea that went bitter...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

Ingrendients: Black Ceylon tea, strawberries, blue cornflowers, calendula petals, natural and artificial bergamot and strawberry flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Cold Brew from yesterday…

This one doesn’t have the worst flavour in the world, I just wish that the strawberry notes were a lot less artificial tasting. Add on top of that the fact that, even as a cold brew, it comes out astringent as heck.

Need to start looking for a new flavoured Earl Grey alternative… Suggestions?

Daddyselephant

My wife is a huge Earl Grey fan and her favorite flavoured Earls come from Red Leaf Teas.

Roswell Strange

Hmm; never thought about ordering from them before for non matcha things, but I’ll definitely take a poke around the site! I’m actually not a HUGE EG fan, but I like having something plain around for the occasional time I want EG and for guests who aren’t super adventurous, and I like having something with a bit of a twist as well.

So fruity and strong! So so so good.
Not bitter or astringent at all. Aroma is intense!
Second steep was great. Probably could’ve gone for a third.

Flavors: Strawberry

A delicious fruity earl grey. I love it with milk and it’s also divine in earl grey shortbread cookies.

The strawberry flavor is strong with this one. Colleagues can smell it when I am drinking a cup in the same room.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon, Strawberry

I’m on a huge earl grey kick right now. I’m also pretty passionate about floral teas. What could be better than mixing two of my favourite things?

Lots, probably. It’s not something I was thinking of when I delved into the 100g can right from the get-go. Note to self: Samples are always a good way to go.

This is a backlog tea. I’ve had it several times cold-steeped and hot-steeped.

Nose: Can someone bottle this up and sell it? It smells divine.

Flavour (boiled): 1.5 tsp per cup of boiled water. This tea started off well, like a sweeter, tangier earl grey. Then, a wall of astringent bitter strawberry flavour hits me. I like my earl grey with milk and sugar. This one, no. Berries and milk do not mix. It’s like a warm, sour strawberry milkshake. No, no, no. Never again with the milk.

Flavour (cold-steeped): 3tsp per 2 cups of cold water, left to steep in the fridge overnight. The astringent taste is much more muted. It’s intensely flavoured. There are bits of floral and bits of bergamot. I like this one with a bit of sugar. I think the sugar tastes a bit like rock sugar with the sweet undertones of the tea. It would definitely make a lovely iced tea.

I think I’ll save this one to do cold steeps only, or I’ll try lowering the water temperature. The hot water seems to mess with the flavours.

EDIT: I’ve just learned that DAVID’s perfect tea spoon is meant for two cups of water, not one. I think I’ve been steeping the wrong amount for the past two years.

Steeped with the proper amount of leaves, it’s alright. I think I’ll just finish the tin and return to my regular earl grey.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Earl Grey, Strawberry

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

I liked this one. It’s fruity and refreshing and tasty and light…. love it!

I tried this hot, but I think it would be much better iced. The floral notes overpowered the fruity ones a wee bit, and I couldn’t taste the bergamot at all. It was however sweet and pleasant. Reminder to self : Iced tea is OK. Tea pop is not.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity

Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I tried a sample of this despite the fact that I’m not a fan of Earl Grey. It’s not bad. I wouldn’t purchase it because I’ve recently discovered that I don’t enjoy the combination of strawberries and black tea. Also, holy bergamot, Batman! It’s strong, so strong. My cuppa was really bold, despite all the additional flavors/ingredients. I added sweetener and quite a bit of non-dairy milk.

Flavors: Bergamot, Strawberry

I think I over-steeped it but not toooo much, it’s still good. The black tea tastes is smooth but I dont taste the strawberries that much. It’s nice :)

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea makes me happy. This tea was part of my Valentine’s Day gift from my hubby and I did a happy dance when I saw it. I am not a huge Earl Grey tea fan…straight up, normal Earl Grey does not appeal to me. But, with that being said, I really love Tealuxe’s Cream Earl Grey and The Earl’s Garden. This tea smells like summer – you get a very strong odor of strawberries and bergamot. And it’s fun to watch the bits of strawberry rehydrate during the steeping process. The flavor is light, you pick up on black tea and strawberries with just a hint of bergamot. I’ve only had this hot so far but I’d be curious to see how it tastes iced.

I find DT tends to give instructions for over steeping. I steeped this for about 3 minutes…any further and I think it would get too bitter

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

And my fixation on lightly flavoured black tea continues…

This one is really nice, actually. It’s been keeping me company on a day when I’ve been trying very hard to stay focused on studying. The caffeine is also appreciated. When I first smelled it, I worried that it would end up being too strongly floral for my liking, but the base tea is quite strong. and the fruit adds a nice sweetness. I bet this one would be fantastic iced.

I didn’t add anything to this one, but I’m curious as to what it would taste like with a bit of rock sugar. I may just do that on my next steep.

Flavors: Bergamot, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

You’re right, I can see this being quite nice cold.