Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Nuts, Nutty, Almond, Coconut, Pineapple, Green, Pecan, Roasted nuts, Walnut, Maple, Sweet, Creamy, Caramel, Milk, Roast nuts, Roasted, Smooth, Toasted, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Cream, Custard, Kettle Corn, Nectar, Nut Fruits, Pastries, Popcorn, Spices, Winter Honey, Seaweed, Forest Floor, Hazelnut, Butter, Fruity, Melon, Tart, White Chocolate, Toasty, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps the...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea has a very round flavor with a subtle base, an initial nutty tang, and a main flavor duo of pineapple and coconut. These flavored are excellent together! The tea leaves a sort of strange texture in my mouth, maybe due to the oil in the nuts—kind of a sticky dry coating. I wouldn’t get this tea again probably, but would be a good occasional tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Green, Nutty, Pineapple

Thank you again Evol! I actually really liked this one. The smell is like cookies, and the taste is very walnut thick, and quite sweet. Coconut, nuts, and pineapples are what I get the most. I like all of those things, so I’m quite happy.

Evol Ving Ness

:) :)

I knew I’d surprise you.

I am not a huge green tea fan however I actually really like this one. It tastes nutty and light. I had this as a hot tea however I think it would be excellent iced too. I worry though after looking at the ingredients that since they add artificial flavors to the tea that is what I am tasting. I don’t care for the fact Davids tea adds artificial flavors to their teas, I would prefer all natural flavors. I do like this tea though, it is a great green tea for those of us who are not huge green tea fans.

Flavors: Nutty

Mackie

Artificial and natural flavourings are usually chemically identical! the only difference is how they’re produced, but in reality that won’t affect the flavour — not that I’m jumping to defend davidstea I don’t really like the company that much anymore it’s just something that I think is interesting :)

I had to go back and read my old review of this, because I don’t recall having written that it was creamy.
I did not.
This is wonderfully creamy. It’s so nice and thick and sweet for a green tea. This is far and away my favorite green.
There’s a scene in Jurassic World where the unstoppable BD Wong has a beautiful clear teapot full of yellow-looking (probably green) tea on his desk. This tea reminds me of that moment. I like to think that he drinks tea like this while developing super-dinosaurs for the military. Perhaps this tea will make me smarter and I will make some sort of world-shattering typographical breakthrough.
[EDIT] The Internet tells me it’s this teapot. I obviously want it. https://www.amazon.com/BonJour-Handblown-Stainless-Infuser-42-Ounce/dp/B000FX4WTM

Flavors: Creamy, Nutty, Sweet

Mookit

You should try Walnut Green by Aromatica Fine Teas. It’s the best walnut + green tea blend I’ve had, and I liked it a lot better than David’s Toasted Walnut!

One of my best friends told me this is her favourite tea, so I was very glad to receive a sample of Toasted Walnut from Tea In Spoons. She told me I would love this tea because it is nutty and sweet, and she is absolutely correct.

The mellow green tea was a good base in my opinion because it allows the others flavours to show through. The green tea is not bitter or astringent at all, it is actually fairly subdued. The walnut flavour is excellent. The milky vanilla taste makes it seem like a latte even without adding milk. The nuts add a lot of toasted sweet flavours, almost like the pan roasted nuts put on top of almond roca.

I tried this tea straight and it was fantastic, but I wanted something richer so I added half a teaspoon of agave and a touch of milk. It was basically a dessert with all the vanilla and warm flavours.

I highly recommend this tea to anyone who likes vanilla/dessert teas or nut flavoured blends.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Nuts, Nutty, Roast nuts, Roasted, Roasted nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Toasted, Vanilla, Walnut

This one is drinkable…it did not have a “wow” factor though so for this reason I will not be getting anymore.

when opening yet another sample of my davids tea i got hit with this Wonderfull aroma it kind of reminded me of Baileys Irish Cream liquor. Its a good smooth tea you do fell the flavor of the walnut and a little floral right at the end. I would keep this one in mind for my next davids tea purchase when i finish some old greens i have on my cabinet.

Flavors: Walnut

This smells AMAZING dry… like sugared walnuts and almonds. Brewed this is not as sweet as expected, but I think that’s a good thing. I think the walnut and almond flavor is pretty strong. Really like this one!

Flavors: Almond, Walnut

Hmmmmm….not my favorite. Something about the mix of green tea and walnuts just doesn’t sit right. Not terrible, but not something I would go out of my way to buy.

Flavors: Nutty, Walnut

I received this tea in a 5gram sample. Im not the biggest fan of green teas. Maybe thats why this kind of reminded me of a nutty seaweed lol. I guess for a green tea it was ok. Not one I would re purchase.

Flavors: Seaweed, Walnut