Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Caramel, Peppercorn, Cloves, Cardamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Creamy, Sweet, Rooibos, Cocoa, Vanilla, Chocolate, Honey, Cream, Pepper, Candy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I wanted...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said “Ooooh chocolate chai!” and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said “Oooooh I’m in the mood for some chocolate!” and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week, and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

Probably my favourite chai that DAVIDsTEA has ever made! The rooibos pairs perfectly with the cinnamon and ginger, which are two flavours I typically hate. I think it’s the coconut that tones the cinnamon down enough for me to enjoy! It’s a very sweet chai and is absolutely lovely hot with a splash of soy milk.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut

Still busy, still working, still writing, but still here and still drinking tea!

I don’t think I can handle many flavors anymore. This smells like a candle used for smelling up the house of a person very different from me. No.

It’s spicy. It’s fake. It’s oddly pineappley? A little sour like an apple. Then there are the spices of course. No thank you.

Pretty good. I’m not a huge fan of spiced tea, but I’ll have this over ‘The Spice is Right’.

Thanks for this one, NayLynn! I didn’t expect any extras with my Nutty & Spice blend we split. There was a LOT in this sample. I really should have saved half for another steep session but it was already in the teabag. :D It looked like a solid mix of ingredients here. I expected more spice but was pleased with more sweet coconut than spice. Just as long as the coconut is fresh and here it is. The next night, the second steep was a lot more spicy (mostly sweet cinnamon) and the coconut was almost missing entirely. Such an odd switch! I think I liked the coconut first steep better. It was interesting that with all these ingredients, only coconut and cinnamon made an appearance.
Steep #1 // 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5+ minute steep

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut

I love this tea but didn’t care for it as a latte. I think the milk is just too overpowering. Other tasting notes mention using soy or almond milk so I may try that some day. I think almond milk (assuming it tastes like almond? I’ve never tried it before!) would compliment the tea well.

Opened this one today, because Chai is well-known for helping sick people recover. Isn’t it? It fits the bill for what I want in a cold-day, just-getting-over-a-cold tea, anyway. I used 1.5 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. I added a splash of milk. I know this one isn’t supposed to contain chocolate…but I’m sure I can taste it? Maybe it’s just my wonky tastebuds? I can also taste the coconut quite prominently, and for a good long while I was thinking “bounty”. Then I read the label again and realised there is actually no chocolate in here. Hmm.

The spices are well balanced and not overpowering, allowing the sweet, tropical coconut to shine through. I think it’s mostly cinnamon, with maybe a touch of ginger and cardamon. I had hoped the red peppercorns would come through more in the flavour, but they remain very much in the background (and just barely at that).

I’m enjoying this one! Despite the lack of chocolate, I’ll have no problem finishing off my mini tin.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

Aww, you’re sick too? Hope you get better soon! I’m drinking spicy teas today too.

Indigobloom

Spicy teas as the best when sick! that, and sriracha. Err the sauce. Not as tea :P

Fjellrev

Haha I just realized yesterday that I had sriracha in the fridge and should have it as much as possible. Glad I’m on the right track!

I got a sample of this in an order and as soon as I had it, rushed back to the website to buy a 4 oz tin. The house is going through it quickly. Mainly a rooibos chai with a hint of coconut to smooth everything out rather than straight-up buttery coconut. Caffeine-free means I can enjoy before bedtime. :)

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Peppercorn