Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Caramel, Spices, Vegetables, Pumpkin, Spicy, Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pastries, Smoke, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Citrus
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, caramel (skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), carrot, lemon peel, pumpkin candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, yellow 6, conf

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a wonderful dessert tea. I added a little brown sugar, a splash of soy milk, and topped it off with a little whipped cream. I can see why this is so popular, especially in the fall. It’s perfect on a cool autumn evening. Definitely a repurchase!

canadianadia

mmmm…the whipped cream sounds like the perfect touch for this Fall tea

julesbean

It certainly is!

For me, nothing says Fall like a good apple croustade. You know what’s better than apple croustade? Apple croustade with Pumpkin Chai tea, of course!

Highly recommended!

I’ve never been a fan of pumpkin, chai or even black tea sooo you could ask why did i buy this one ? good question indeed first it smell really really good and we must sometime try new thing if not how would we find what we like or not ? im not really good at tasting all the different thing so i just note on the all package

I do taste cinnamon and some other flavor i can’t identify overall it’s good but don’t have a enough pronounced taste but that probably my own fault ( not enough steeping time and/or leaf ) as it’s getting colder the bitter taste of the black tea come out with strenght maybe trying it latte will be a better option for people like me who don’t like the bitter taste of black tea i will try it again that for sure with more leaf this time and drink it faster

I have tried a few “pumpkin” flavoured teas, all others have been lacking that actual pumpkin pie taste I have been after. Except this one. The pumpkin flavour & pumpkin pie spices emmerge beautifully here. It’s almost as satisfying as eating an actual slice of pumpkin pie (I would know, pumpkin pie is by far my fav dessert). Add a little bit of cream (which I never do with tea) & this tea tastes like you added whipped cream to your slice of pie! YUMMERS!

tigress_al

Excellent as a latte as well!

This tea smells like autumn. The combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and caramel resemble a pumpkin pie so closely that I’m getting a little nostalgic… Is it Halloween yet? This tea has adorable little orange-coloured candies floating among the tea leaves. I can’t help but smile, it just makes me so happy.

The tea steeps to a beautiful orange-brown, and the smell is still just as prominent. And drinking it? Amazing. I taste the spices first – cinnamon, cloves and everything else that makes both chai and pumpkin spice delicious. It’s pretty light for a chai, not as spicy as others I’ve encountered. Then, the taste of pumpkin lingers on your tongue. Even though there are candies in the tea, the taste is by no means fake. The pumpkin taste is as real as pumpkin can get; I’m impressed.

As per David’s Tea’s orders, I’ll try this with a bit of sugar and milk… Oh wow, this is even better! I added just a little milk and a touch of sugar, but the effect is extraordinary. Now, I really feel like I’m eating a pumpkin pie.

This tea is up there among my favourites. When I bought it, I was told that it was a seasonal tea, but creeping around on their website – I see that it’s not! I guess they changed their minds, and I am oh so glad they did. If you want a tea that’s a lot of pumpkin and a touch of chai, this is it. Pumpkin Chai seems like an appropriate tea to drink before heading out to a costume party. It’ll almost make you believe it’s Halloween.

I had this one yesterday morning after a headache all night… trying to fight a headache without Tylenol or Advil or whatever has been very interesting…
And why am I avoiding these things, including my caffeinated teas?

I’m pregnant! Yaaay! I’m excited and scared and just can’t wait. I miss my teas, but I don’t know which ones are safe and which ones aren’t…

Anyways, yesterday I needed a comfort tea. I didn’t sleep the best and I just wanted something warm and awesome and I can have some caffeine and it’s all good, so why the heck not? This tea was like the sweet heaven that I have loved all along. It screamed of falling autumn leaves and the crisp cold of the weather changing. I could almost taste the frost on everything and yet it had the warmth of sweaters and mitts.
As much as I don’t want fall to come, I guess you could say I’m excited for it too in some ways. Or Maybe I just miss the teas… haha

Nightshifter

Yay, congratulations! :D

Cavocorax

Congrata!!!

rosebudmelissa

Congratulations! I’m currently starting the third trimester of pregnancy, so I’ve looked into this quite a bit. In general you want to keep your your caffeine intake low, so decaf or herbal teas are best for everyday drinking. Raspberry leaf tea is recommended throughout pregnancy,especially in the third trimester. Rooibos and Honeybush teas are also recommended throughout pregnancy.

For the first trimester/morning sickness: peppermint, spearmint, ginger, chamomile, and citrus flavors (lemon, orange, hibiscus), can help calm your stomach. I also drank Traditional Medicinal’s Pregnancy Tea first thing in the morning with a dash of ginger. I could usually drink that when even plain water turned my stomach, so give it a try if you have morning sickness.

If you get heartburn later in pregnancy, you want to avoid: peppermint, spearmint, acidic teas (hibiscus and most citrus flavored teas, some lemon teas added lemon juice are an exception since lemon is high in potassium, which reduces heartburn), Cacao/Chocolate, and Camellia Sinensis (although I’ve usually been fine with the occasional Chai made with a lot of milk). Ginger and chamomile are good for soothing heartburn, and so are Marshmallow leaf and root, though the blend I tried contained spearmint, which I seem to be a strong heartburn trigger for me, so I’ll probably try a different version at some point. Slippery Elm is another herb that may help heartburn, but it’s less certain that it’s safe for pregnancy, so I haven’t tried that either.

Off the top of my head, I can’t remember which herbs should be avoided. I know licorice root and I think Pau D’Arco, but I can’t remember any others off the top of my head. I’ve found a lot of information through Google, so it’s not hard to check if you’re at all concerned about an ingredient. Congratulations again, and I hope this gives you a place to start!

TheKesser

Thanks everyone!
@rosebudmelissa: Thanks so much for the info! And congratulations also!

rosebudmelissa

You’re welcome! Please share if you find any teas that work particularly well while you are pregnant. My selection is rather limited at the moment, so I’ll be buying some new teas to try in the coming months.

rosebudmelissa

Also, I got my raspberry leaf from Mountain Rose Herbs. They have many herbs and spices if you are at all interested in making your own blends.

boychik

Congrats ! I read that you should avoid camomile . If you are going to nurse pls don’t drink any mint, it decreases milk supply and drying up the milk. I would stick to decaf. Vanilla Camoro is good one

OK. I decided to give this a try again. My first impressions were that I couldn’t taste anything in the tea other than the black tea itself. Mind you though, I only got sips from my friends.

I gave it a go with a cup this time and realized that the pumpkin flavour pulls through really well! I wasn’t tasting black tea anymore, but fresh pumpkin! However, I think the ‘chai’ in its name is a little deceiving. There was no spice flavours that I could tell other than looking into the bag and smelling it. There were no spices tastes that would normally come in a chai. I think DT should’ve named this tea Pumpkin Pie instead of Pumpkin Chai.

Cattibrie

Throw a small amount of brown sugar into this tea and you might get some more Chai flavour out of it. But I really think it tastes like Pumpkin Pie in a mug. And I really enjoy it. Had it as a Latte today made with Vanilla Almond Milk. Soooooo good.

This at first when it is still hot had a sort of odd taste, I almost don not like but once it cools down a little then it taste great! You can actually taste pumpkin, it sort of taste like a spicy pumpkin pie. What I like about this Autumn tea over other Autumn teas is that the amount of cinnamon in the taste is very low where other ones would be quite high. I am not a big fan of cinnamon (too over powering).

Its smell is nostalgic for me, makes me think of my Nan making pumpkin pie. When it comes to the water temp, I stop the water as soon as the little bubbles start, an easy way to tell if you do not have thermometer. The steep time is 5 mins and if you make it go any longer I am not sure what becomes strong in flavor but it ruin the tea fast. It is a little more of a fussy tea than I usually like to work with but worth it’s work.

Uniquity

I still loathe the smell of that tea. The idea of it, even. Although I currently feel unwell from too much cloves in my winter chai and I am starting to worry about ever making it through my canister of cinnamon hearts (David’s Tea). Maybe it could be added in small quantities to other ones to spice them up a bit.

Uniquity

Also, I’m pretty certain you liked it most with a shorter steep time. 2 or 3 mins? What does the tin recommend?

Debus

The tin recommended 4 to 6 mins and I did it in 5. That seems to be the best.

Made a latte with this with vanilla almond milk and hazelnut agave. It.was.AMAZING.

Shmiracles

That SOUNDS amazing! One day soon I’m gonna have to fancy up a cup for myself. You’ve inspired me.

It’s the first snow day of the season. Schools and govt are closing early. Even the local college! Looking out the window, I wouldn’t really call this a storm, though.. (HEY that rarely ever happened when I went to college! I remember trudging through heavy falling snow ON THE STREET because the snowbanks were too high to plow the sidewalk!)

Anyway. It’s my normal day off work, so the snow only affects my coffee date with a friend. I’m still in my jammies at 2pm with cats curled up around me, drinking a cup of this while I watch repeats of various Stargate shows.

I like this tea. Really like this tea. I don’t L.O.V.E. it like it seems most people do. It smells yummy and tastes yummy. It’s comforting and fairly perfect for fall. The pumpkin taste is perfect. The black tea base is great perfect. It does need a really long steep to get a solid flavour. I’m pretty forgetful so even THAT is perfect.

But I want more spice. Add more spice and this would be darn near 100.

Oh hey, a plow just went by! …maybe I should put on some pants and go make some snow angels..

Nah.