Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pastries, Smoke, Spices, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Spicy, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, caramel (skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), carrot, lemon peel, pumpkin candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, yellow 6, conf

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy but don’t over steep or this will get bitter. When it’s cold outside or you’ve had a bad day this is joy in a cup. So warm and full of the scents of holiday baking and pumpkin pie. Add whipped cream or milk. Use maple syrup or maple agave. This is really good to share with grandkids.

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

This is a tea that I can drink in large batches and not get sick of, so I brewed up 2L in my thermal carafe to drink while I was writing a research paper today. The caffeine kick kept me going and the light chai flavour was not overpowering! Weird side note: This one pairs very nicely with caramel ice cream and Oreos.

Flavour-wise, I do get a light chai flavour with some pumpkin notes; the clove in the chai is the most dominant. I taste just enough cinnamon before it becomes overpowering, and the tea is just sweet enough without being cloying. The black tea flavour lingers on the tongue nicely, with a lovely balancing astringency to the sprinkles and caramel pieces. I wish this one didn’t contain milk, but otherwise it’s a perfect chai for morning sipping.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin

I find this to be really rather subtle tasting, maybe a little flat. You can taste the pumpkin but I found the other spices were kind of lost really. While this was nice its not spectacular or anything.

Flavors: Pumpkin

Tried this one again last week as a latte with a touch of maple syrup and it was delicious! The pumpkin and caramel was more noticeable this time around. Super silky and creamy. I’ve been trying more tea lattes lately and this one is among my favourites!

I’ve had this tea before on its own, and it’s nice, but today I made it as a latte for the first time, and it was really rather fantastic. It really helps mellow out all of the flavours IMO, and they all blend together so decadently with the milk. :) I’ll definitely be making this again.
Today is a nice, cooler than usual day here, so I figured something “fall-eque” would be really lovely to take advantage of this weather. And it’s never too early for fall, right? ;)

For the steeping: I only used about 150mL of water, but the rest of my mug was filled with the frothed milk. I also used a small amount of sugar (less than a teaspoon).

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Pumpkin

I don’t taste pumpkin at all, but I do love this one. I think it has a lot of brown sugar flavor. It’s good straight. It’s good as a latte. I hope it comes out again in the fall, so I can stock up a bit. It’s best sipped in front of a fire, snuggled up with someone you love.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML