Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Caramel, Spices, Vegetables, Pumpkin, Spicy, Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pastries, Smoke, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Citrus
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, caramel (skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), carrot, lemon peel, pumpkin candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, yellow 6, conf

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

Meh. Up front, I’m not a pumpkin lover. I don’t dislike it, but I don’t get the craze for it. But this didn’t even really taste like pumpkin to me, it just tasted like kind of spicy, vegetal water. I may not have used enough tea, but even so, the flavor wasn’t enjoyable. Spices were kind of vague (like something you’d buy at the store labeled pumpkin or apple pie spice). I didn’t get a caramel note in flavor, although I do have to say the brew smelled deliciously like it. I drank it, because I was stuck in a meeting, but I gave away the rest of mine.

Flavors: Caramel, Spices, Vegetables

Odd flavor for a tea. Not sure I quite enjoyed it.

This was given to me as a gift in a 100 gram tin, so I was praying I would enjoy it. Unfortunately I realized I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin flavours, or chai for that matter. It’s not bad at all, although mostly it’s just a preference for me. If you enjoy chai, and pumpkin flavoured drinks, this is probably perfect!

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spicy

This is a tea that I can drink in large batches and not get sick of, so I brewed up 2L in my thermal carafe to drink while I was writing a research paper today. The caffeine kick kept me going and the light chai flavour was not overpowering! Weird side note: This one pairs very nicely with caramel ice cream and Oreos.

Flavour-wise, I do get a light chai flavour with some pumpkin notes; the clove in the chai is the most dominant. I taste just enough cinnamon before it becomes overpowering, and the tea is just sweet enough without being cloying. The black tea flavour lingers on the tongue nicely, with a lovely balancing astringency to the sprinkles and caramel pieces. I wish this one didn’t contain milk, but otherwise it’s a perfect chai for morning sipping.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin

I find this to be really rather subtle tasting, maybe a little flat. You can taste the pumpkin but I found the other spices were kind of lost really. While this was nice its not spectacular or anything.

Flavors: Pumpkin

Tried this one again last week as a latte with a touch of maple syrup and it was delicious! The pumpkin and caramel was more noticeable this time around. Super silky and creamy. I’ve been trying more tea lattes lately and this one is among my favourites!