Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Creamy, Earth, Frosting, Sweet, Peppermint, Mint, Smooth, Vanilla, Chocolate, Artificial, Cotton Candy, Spearmint, Candy, Milk, Sugarcane, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Smoke, Forest Floor, Cloves, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

Day 24 of the 2016 advent calendar! And really all years, considering. This tea is very much a sign of Christmas to me, being something I expect to have nowadays for the colder weather. The dry leaf has cute candy canes in it, and smells like a milky minty, if that makes sense. Almost like a cup of creamy mint hot chocolate, despite there being no chocolate in this. I will attribute that to the vanilla, I think.

The steeped tea brings out more of the malty black tea base, which is nice. The flavor to me, is very much a vanilla-mint kind of tea, and I think it works well with the black tea. I have actually added hot chocolate mix to the steeped tea before and it’s 11/10 in my opinion, so its always a treat getting more of this.

Overall, I can clearly see why David’s keeps this as a seasonal staple. It’s not too complicated and has a great flavor, plus it works well as a base for other sweet holiday drinks as well. I’ll be looking forward to getting more of this in a couple of months.

Got this in a bundle with my other gifts, and it’s not too bad. It reminds me of frosting on a cake, not quite vanilla frosting but close. I taste no mint in this tea at all.

Flavors: Creamy, Earth, Frosting, Sweet

This tea is ok. I don’t really understand the big fuss over this tea when it seems like it’s not a fully developed blend. It’s basically black tea with a hint of peppermint. When I have this tea I always want more. It just isn’t enough peppermint for me. I will easily drink the rest of what I have but if it comes back I probably won’t buy more.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Minty black tea with subtle vanilla aroma, my favorite black so far (although I’ll have to give ‘Mocha Orange Biscotti’ another try as I wasn’t yet taking notes when I had that one, and I kinda remember liking it).

This is one of my go to teas. I always stock up on it to enjoy all year around.

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Peppermint, Smooth, Vanilla

My first tea review! On my favourite tea. I’m so disappointed that I didn’t try this until after Xmas and now have to wait until next year. l wish DT would just change the name and sell it all year. I also wish these ‘drag me’ things worked on my Android phone. Anyway, black tea with a hint of mint and a touch of sweet to compliment, not overwhelm.

2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

Oh my goodness. I think I have some sort of a stomach flu! So, I dug through my tea stash and saw this tea & I remembered that it has peppermint in it. Hoping that the mint in the tea would calm my belly down I brewed up a cup. The dry leaf smells yummy, like vanilla and a hint of minty sweet. Brewed it smells much like vanilla and I couldn’t quite detect peppermint. On taste, vanilla is very prominent and the mint is there but I dont know…they dont compliment each other well in this tea. It wasn’t for me, unfortunately. There was a strange taste to it that I can’t put my finger on.