Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Creamy, Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla, Earth, Frosting, Mint, Smooth, Chocolate, Artificial, Cotton Candy, Spearmint, Candy, Milk, Sugarcane, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Smoke, Forest Floor, Cloves, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was really looking forward to trying this tea over the holiday’s. The flavour is a hint of mint with a strong black tea taste. Smells amazing and very minty. The tea itself is delicious, but not a tea to have every day. I had it a couple day’s in a row and by the last day I didn’t like it nearly as much.

Flavors: Mint

This tea was available in the christmas box I bought. I usually love black tea with a chocolate flavour. I thought Santa’s Secret lacked taste and sweetness I love. I would still recommend it, maybe the steep time was not long enough in my case. I also added warm milk to make it more creamy and maybe that’s what took off all the flavour. I still have some of this tea left, so I will edit this review once I try it again.

Sooooo glad I ordered this when it went on sale!! It’s my new favorite wintry peppermint tea. It’s not like, kick-you-in-the-face peppermint, like some teas can be. It’s much more subtle and the vanilla gives it a bit of sweetness. Maybe I should have bought the bigger bag.

I thought this was a sipdown but according to my spreadsheet I have another cupful from my advent calandar! This is the last of my Santa’s Secret from the very generous WhatSheSaid. I’ve drank this so many times and never written up a note, apparently! I don’t know why this still surprises me, I was terrible at writing up notes while I was at uni – I would have 5 or 6 cups of tea a day and only log one. I bet that’s actually preferable to me logging so many teas and clogging everyone’s dashes.

Mmmm… probably my favourite Christmas tea. If you look at my ‘tea-dislikes’ you’ll see I’m not big on spices (unless with pumpkin) and so most holiday blends are a no-go for me. Candy canes though are one of those things that just epitomises the season, you know? As soon as you taste one you know that the holidays are coming. And this tea gets the candy cane flavour bang on, without the tea being pushed to the background. The mint and the creamy vanilla are sooo good together, and if I add a little sugar it’s like I melted an actual candy cane right into a cup of tea. I overleafed a little (I had almost 2 tsps but not quite, so I used it all in a 12oz mug) and left it for over 6 minutes and I’m still getting no astringency from the base tea, which is incredible to me. The creaminess is so pronounced that I didn’t add any milk and I’m drinking this black, which again is super rare for me in black teas. It’s the first time I’ve drank it without milk, though, and I know it can take it well. I just can’t think of anything that I don’t like about this tea.

I’m going to have to come up with something creamy-minty to replace this with, since DAVIDs isn’t readily available to me. Oh US and Canada, how I envy you.

This is a nice tea to have around Christmas time, but that’s the only time I’ll have it. It’s more chocolatey than mint though. I wish there was more of a balance. Still good tea though.

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Mint

Got this as part of a set of Holiday teas and it is easily my favorite of the bunch. I like that this is peppermint but that the other spices combined with it temper the peppermint a bit to keep it from being overwhelming. Also this tea has a nice touch of sweetness to it that makes it feel like a holiday treat.

not a fan of this one, it is overlly sweet and tastes very fake, leaves a bad taste in my mouth all day

Flavors: Artificial, Cotton Candy, Frosting, Mint

OH MY GOD! This is the BEST tea I have ever had. My all-time favorite. I wish it was available all year round. PLEASE make this available all year! My sister and I both love it and will gladly get others on board :)

Sheli Young

Flavors: Spearmint, Sweet, Vanilla

Bought this one after the holidays last year during the Boxng Day sales. Have enjoyed it a couple of times throughout the year, and today’s review is also my sipdown. Santa’s Secret is a pleasant black tea with peppermint, vanilla and candy accents. There’s a nice creaminess and sweetness that makes it quite enjoyable without the need to add anything further to it. The little candy canes mixed in with the black tea and peppermint leaves are perfectly adorable.

Flavors: Candy, Peppermint, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I LOVE Santa’s Secret!

First off, this tea smells amazing. It smells like Christmas morning.

Second, this tea has mini candy canes.

I don’t need to say anymore.