Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Creamy, Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla, Earth, Frosting, Mint, Smooth, Chocolate, Artificial, Cotton Candy, Spearmint, Candy, Milk, Sugarcane, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Smoke, Forest Floor, Cloves, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 24 of the advent calendar. I’m sitting here on Christmas Eve sipping away at a mug of this tea and watching Downton Abbey on Netfix. I like how smooth this tea is. A creamy mix of mint and vanilla. It’s simple and comforting. I’m glad I bought over 100 grams of it, so I shouldn’t run out any time soon. This is one that I can see myself cozying up to all winter long.

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Vanilla

I am in love. It’s because of this tea that I’m beginning to enjoy peppermint teas in general. For me, the sweetness of the candy cane sprinkles offset the chill of the mint in a way that reminds me of a peppermint mocha (without the calories or milk-induced stomach ache). And what could be more fun this year than a tea filled with tiny candy canes?

Flavors: Peppermint, Sugar, Sweet

It’s cold out there today. Windy. And it snowed. IN the middle of May. Not unheard of, but … Sigh. Sounds like time for a hot Christmas tea to me. I’m back in the editing cave tonight. The file I was sent last night was the WRONG ONE. So I get to start over. Boy am I ever glad I stayed up until 2:00 am working on it. I’m supposed to have this back to my editor tomorrow night. hysterical laughter Actually, except for the extraordinary series of unfortunate events, the editing is really good.

Thank God for tea. I love writing, and actually like working edits, but it is work, and tea gets a girl through.

ashmanra

I had to check to see where you live. I worked in the yard for three hours and thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I didn’t know there was any cool air. Anywhere. Ever. In the whole world.

Maddy Barone

North Dakota has lovely weather. And you know what they say: if you don’t like it, wait a day. It’ll change.

Nightshifter

Sounds like my kind of life! We are thinking of moving to Nebraska later this year. I love the upper Midwest and I totally had Santa’s Secret this week even though it was almost 90 degrees in GA. :)

gmathis

The problem with editing—at least for me—is actually seeing what should be corrected, instead of superimposing what I think I wrote.

Maddy Barone

What I like about editing is having a fresh pair of eyes point out what can be improved. You know what I mean, gmathis. After you’ve written, read, re-written, reviewed, revised, and re-read, it’s like you don’t even see what’s actually on the page anymore. You see what’s in your head! And I really like being shown where the story is weak. I don’t always like the process of re-writing, but I’m glad to put out the best book I can.

Maddy Barone

Nightshifter and Ashmanra, I couldn’t bear to live down south! I hate humidity. Hate, hate, hate it! In my army days I was stationed at Ft. Jackson SC and Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio TX, and let me tell you, I’ll take -50 windchills over 90 degrees and 90% humidity any day!

gmathis

You and I do a different kind of writing, but it’s quite pleasant to commiserate with someone else goes through the same process! (I’ve been at it a while, but it took some time to learn not to hiss and bush up my neck fur when an editor cut up my beloved manuscript and asked for changes. So bravo for you!) Hope it’s going well.

OMGsrsly

That is so frustrating! I hope it goes super great tonight, and that you enjoy your teas. :)

Smells like the holidays! Actually, christmas cookies or soemthing. Very strong peppermint and vanilla. Really nice black tea, and is great on its own without any added sugar or milk. Would definitely buy this one again.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Added sugar to this one again. I find this to be a very tasty morning treat :) I absolutely love mint teas and this one isn’t overpowering so it’s nice to wake up with. It’s also kind of soft, if I can use that word to describe tea, and creamy. It’s like someone is wrapping a blanket around me.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

I decided to get my hands on a collectable tin of this.
Darn it! I’ve messed up another one! I really need to start standing and waiting for the tea to steep… the black tea base is too overpowering for the gentle vanilla and mint flavors. Oi vey. Well, for what it is right now it’s still not too bad, still drinkable.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I didn’t enjoy this tea. It didn’t have any mint flavor of really any flavor at all beyond plain black tea. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t taste good either, nor as it claimed to taste.

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 30 OZ / 887 ML

Finally getting to try the Oh so famous Santa’s Secret!!!! :D :D
Was kinda expecting a little more creamy-ness, or a deeper flavor, but I didn’t get it from this one. It was a good tea. A pretty basic peppermint tea.
I haven’t had many peppermint teas so far, and what I’ve tried of them, I feel that they are okay. Not my favorite, but drinkable. Always feel like they should be stronger.
A coworker had me try a popular peppermint tea from Trader Joe’s a couple weeks back. Appparently it always sells out really fast every year so my coworker never has time to get it.She was so excited to give it to me. xD
She doesn’t drink that much tea, but even she agreed it needed to be stronger.
This tea I feel that she would like though. It’s pretty strong. Doesn’t have a lot of depth, sadly. But for the person that doesn’t drink a crap load of tea all the time, it’s pretty much perfect! I really should pick some of this up for her! She really would enjoy it!

Flavors: Peppermint

Dry nose: lightly minty, fragrant, sweet.

Tasting note: lightly minty, fragrant, sweet. Pretty straightforward, the candy cane sprinkles are fun. I think next time I make this I’m going to garnish it with a candy cane and let that add a bit more minty sweetness. Yeah.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yay, my David’s winter/holiday samples from Roswell Strange are here! I can’t thank her enough for being such a sweetheart and sending me all of these 10g samples from her local store. Love you, Roswell!

This is one of those teas that just makes you smile when you peek in the pouch. It has these cheerful little candy cane sprinkles and their red color mixed with the green of the crushed peppermint is very festive indeed! Plus it smells very yummy, sweet vanilla and peppermint combined remind me of peppermint bark.

The tea itself tastes pretty good. I must say, it’s not as amazing as the smell because there’s only a touch of sweetness from the melted sprinkles. However, the flavors are still yummy together, and I can taste the vanilla (though I could use more!). Overall, it’s a perfectly nice little peppermint black tea with a touch of vanilla. Would definitely make a fantastic latte!

Flavors: Artificial, Peppermint, Vanilla