Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Creamy, Earth, Frosting, Sweet, Peppermint, Mint, Smooth, Vanilla, Chocolate, Artificial, Cotton Candy, Spearmint, Candy, Milk, Sugarcane, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Smoke, Forest Floor, Cloves, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

While this tea is pleasant, it is not one of my favourites.

I’ve finished most of my favourite DAVIDs teas during this hiatus I’m on so it’s getting down to those that for me are just ok. Because a staple of mine is DAVIDs “Read My Lips” some people suggested I might enjoy “Santa’s Secret”, some even feel it is better. So I bought 50 grams a while back and after trying it originally and deciding I do not favour it, I left it there on the shelf.

Well, it’s getting to where I’m drinking everything. This is fine but it doesn’t have chocolate. Yes, I can add that with chocolate syrup but .. Meh. It’s still comforting as a mint tea, especially on cold nights when you snuggle up by the fire with a book and a shot glass of whatever to drop in your tea when the mood strikes.

In conclusion, I prefer Read My Lips and will continue to stock it over Santa’s secret. It has a bit more chocolate and the mint is just a little more muted. When it comes to mouthfeel they’re both the same.

PS. for those who don’t know already, Verdant just re-stocked our most favourite blends. You should hurry and buy the LB chocolate Genmaicha before I buy it all. Really. Buy now! I already got 8 oz but am thinking it’s not enough.

mrmopar

You are a “Tea Hoarder” ;p LOL!

Nxtdoor

@mrmopar I most certainly am not :) my cupboard is puny variety-wise. I just have large quantities of selected few.

mrmopar

I know, just ribbin ya a little.

Nxtdoor

Says mister i-have-cakes-upon-cakes-of-pu’erh in my specialy designed room :) @mrmopar

mrmopar

And you are 100% correct. Now if I can only find another place to put some more……

I expected to like this more than I did, as I love all of the flavors and the smell is amazing. It’s possible that I should have brewed it longer, but I got it at the store itself so I had to take the teabag out before I left. I would like to try it with a peppermint stick added.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

Definitely one of my favourite winter teas.

Perfect tea to sip while wrapping gifts. Tastes like tea with a candy cane swizzle stick.

Flavors: Peppermint

I have so much of this tea. I mentioned to a friend that I liked it when I had a 50 g bag and she bought me the 100g tin for Christmas I somehow ended up with yet another 50g bag on my shelf. The good news is that I’m down to about 100g of the tea and still enjoy a cup every so often. Nice pepperminty flavor.

Last year I got a sample of this and I was not impressed but some where along the way of finishing the sample I realized I liked it cold. I bought this to ice during the summer and I’m glad I did. It is my favorite way to drink it. creamy mint that reminds me a little of dinner mints. I’f I get this again I think I will wait for it to go on discount since I don’t think I will want it for the intended season but I kind of hope I get a sample to have in December some how for sentimental reasons.

Iced 5 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yum! I’m a sucker for minty, especially peppermint, chocolate teas and this one fits the bill just fine. I have pretty close to run out of my chocolate mint blends at the moment and this was a sipdown that I finally allowed myself because I hadn’t had one for awhile. I’m hopeful that I can hold out until Black Friday to restock in time for the Holidays & my winter fix.

I like this one, Della Terra’s version, and The Spice & Tea Exchange’s version… each is a little different but I can’t say I have a favorite yet.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

I don’t like mint. Why I bought this, I don’t know. But I am surprised! This is pretty tasty. The candy cane’s make it fun. I added creamer and it just makes it so much better. But it doesn’t change my mind about trying mint in other tea’s. In this tea…it works.

ohfancythat (whatshesaid)

This was one of my favorites from day 1 :)
And one of the few DT’s I still love!

TheTeaFairy

+1 with whatshesaid, still yummy!

scribbles

I’m surprised by how much I like it. I’ll get it again next holiday season, if they bring it back.

Sipdown.

This is nice, but it’s not a to-die-for flavour for me. Until next December, Santa…