Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Citrusy, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Mint, Spearmint, Medicinal, Menthol, Orange, Fruity, Herbs, Orange Zest, Sweet, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Apple, Citrus, Earth, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

Never did a proper review of this one.

I recently got a sample of this in a recent order to DAVIDs. I haven’t had this tea in a long time since I’ve been going through my mint teas slowly. Apparently they reformulated this tea with apple, but it wasn’t in my sample at all. Either way I love the original: very strong peppermint taste with what I assume to be eucalyptus, and a hint of citrus. Great even as a regular tea, but I know it’ll be good for illness too. I don’t know if I’ll like the reformulated version as much, but I will eventually repurchase and do a tasting note.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

At first I didn’t like this tea at all… But I only turn to it when I have a cold, and it grew on me because it became really soothing… I only rely on sample because I don’t need it that often, only when I’m sick, which I am right now unfortunately. It’s mainly peppermint and citrusy.

Flavors: Citrusy, Peppermint

I had this tea when I wasn’t feeling sick and thought it was okay. The mint hits pretty hard. It has a peppermint candy taste and a strong eucalyptus aroma. This is probably by design though so you can taste it through a cold. I’m not usually a fan of overly mint tisanes but I can see how this could help soothe a cold or clear your sinuses. This herbal blend seems to be missing an element of spice. It could definitely use a little ginger or warm spices to balance out the flavor.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This stuff is potent. I have a few samples of it that I made while my husband was sick. One thing that is really nice about it is the eucalyptus (or juniper?) once it gets steeped and you breathe in the warm air from the tea will totally clear out your sinuses haha, it smells exactly like that chest rub ointment.

The taste is pretty good! Not something I would drink regularly just because its really strong, but I liked it with a little bit of honey. If you don’t like your tea too strong make sure to watch this one while you’re steeping it cause it can become overwhelming pretty quickly.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Spearmint

I added this in as a sample with my last order because it’s cold season, and wouldn’t you know it? I came down with a cold two days ago and I’m really freaking miserable today. I forgot about it until I was digging around in my tea drawer at work (had to move to the bigger filing cabinet. I think I have a problem.) and saw it.

I’m gonna need a bigger boat. And by boat, I mean bag of this tea.

Flavors: Mint