Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Herbs, Medicinal, Peppermint, Berries, Citrus, Mint, Smooth, Citrusy, Spearmint, Menthol, Orange, Fruity, Orange Zest, Sweet, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Apple, Earth, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

Never did a proper review of this one.

I recently got a sample of this in a recent order to DAVIDs. I haven’t had this tea in a long time since I’ve been going through my mint teas slowly. Apparently they reformulated this tea with apple, but it wasn’t in my sample at all. Either way I love the original: very strong peppermint taste with what I assume to be eucalyptus, and a hint of citrus. Great even as a regular tea, but I know it’ll be good for illness too. I don’t know if I’ll like the reformulated version as much, but I will eventually repurchase and do a tasting note.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

This is a great tea to sip on when you’re sick. I woke up with a killer sore throat and this is quite soothing. It’s very minty, medicinal and the eucalyptus is really nice. Just what I needed. I added some honey and ginger to it, perfection!

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Herbs, Medicinal, Peppermint

Blargh.

This is what I’ve become. I’m at the point where I want to wash my sinuses out with magical eucalyptus.

Steep Count: 3

Flavors: Berries, Citrus, Eucalyptus, Mint

Really enjoyed this today, it was brewed at a lower strength so the minty flavor was very enjoyable. I was just about to make a cup of this tea but when I walked into the kitchen my grandmother already had just poured her water, she just added more water, and then once our cups were almost done my grandfather wanted some so he poured some lukewarm water in…. This is the only type of tea that he will drink. So overall the brewing process was a mess, but I definitely need to try and recreate the strength of this cup because I am not a fan of mint teas and this turned out to be the perfect strength for me.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint, Smooth

This tea is a very tasty and soothing treat! The eucalyptus flavour is quite prominent at first, but if you leave the tea to steep longer, the citrus and mint notes eventually balance out the eucalyptus. It’s a bit indistinct flavour-wise, but very enjoyable after it has steeped for a while. I recommend at least 7 to 10 minutes to really get a full flavour.

Flavors: Citrus, Eucalyptus, Peppermint