Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Mint, Peppermint, Spearmint, Medicinal, Menthol, Orange, Fruity, Herbs, Orange Zest, Sweet, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Apple, Citrus, Earth, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is the go-to tea of my husband every time he is sick and feeling that he’ll catch colds or flu.

2010 tasting notes

The continued raid on the sample bowl continues!
Yesterday I started to have a tickle in my throat and was feeling slightly achy. No good! I did not want to be sick for the trick-or-treaters, and I’ve got the first week of Nanowrimo this week. Not a good time to be sick.
Fortunately pouring pumpkin soup down my gullet helped a ton, and the tickle is pretty well gone today. But lets not risk it, eh? Tea gown the gullet as well!
And you know what, this tastes and smells exactly like what I would want when I’m sick. I may actually grab some to have on hand this winter, as it was very soothing. I even felt the slight headache I’m battling today fade, and my energy rise a bit.
I was convinced this would be a gimmick, but darned if I’m not a convert.

I’ll review this as best I can but keep in mind my taste buds and ability to smell are impaired by my current cold. I’m not sure why it happens but most holidays seem to end with a cold for me. I mean I guess I understand to some degree. Holidays are accompanied by travel and travel means exposure to lots of different bugs and germs in airplanes, buses and other venues. I guess I should be thankful that it has hit me at the last few days of my 17 day holiday rather than earlier.

I was saving the two sample packs of DAVIDs Cold 911 tea for when it would be useful and today is the day. This tea is like a liquid vicks for me. Could feel my sinuses slightly clearer with each sip and the lovely mint, eucalyptus and menthol flavours give it a rather medicinal feel. This was followed with a hot eucalyptus bath and I think I’m on my way to recovery. Highly recommend this tea when a cold’s got you down. It tastes worlds better than Buckley’s.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Menthol, Mint

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I’m not usually a fan of minty tea but I rather like this one. The smell of it dry is quite overpowering but when it is steeped it is reasonable in smell and taste. I like that the taste is not super sweet. While this tea is marketed for colds, I tried it when I was feeling fine. I found this tea to be refreshing and even felt like it gave me a bit of an energy boost.

Flavors: Mint

Ick, I did not care for this blend at all. You know how drinking orange juice tastes terrible after brushing your teeth with a strong minty toothpaste? For some reason, DT thought making that awful flavour into a tisane would be a good idea. Peppermint, orange, and eucalyptus, and fruit do not go together. I have no idea how anyone could like this peculiar tea.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Fruity, Herbs, Medicinal, Orange, Peppermint

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML
Rasseru

throw-everything-&-see-what-sticks approach..?

It really does stop a cold right in its tracks. Stuffed nose – taken care of with this. Doesn’t last long but its nice to have something that mixes with the dayquil

This is the ultimate illness tea. I add a bit of honey to this when I’m sick for my throat as well. The juniper berries and the eucalyptus really help to sooth your sinus and throat while trying to break through any congestion. I would pick this up again if possible for those horrid times when I am under the weather.

Sipdown

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Menthol, Mint

Evol Ving Ness

I suppose I need to keep some of this on standby for those kinds of horrid times. I hope you are on the mend.

TeaNTees

@evol Thanks dear! I am actually not sick at the moment; this is from my backlog. :) This tea does help a bit when you really need it, in any case.

This tea is awesome, especially when you have a cold. It’s full of flavour- you first smell/taste the peppermint and eucalyptus then the second notes you taste are the juniper berry and orange. It really helps to open up your sinuses. It is very minty and slightly sweet. Steep it longer for a more strong, minty flavour.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint, Orange Zest, Peppermint, Sweet

The first time I smelled this tea, it was so strong that it made my eyes tear up. I had a cold at the time and it kinda cleared up my sinuses for a bit. It’s a very nice tea-I even tried it when I was not sick and it was still very yummy. Just don`t take a strong whiff-don`t say I didn`t warn you!

I swear by this tea. It smells strong but is very pleasant to taste, unlike a lot of traditional cold remedies. It is really good at warding off the start of colds too!