Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Coconut, Creamy, Raspberry, Bitter, Burnt, Perfume, Butter, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “Alright, tasting note 300! This was a wonderful tea to come home to. It won’t knock your socks off; instead, it’ll kneel at your feet, remove your socks kindly, and then give you a hug. And it’ll...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t know if anyone has ever tried any of Walden Farms calorie free sauces/dips but I found them in the store today and stocked up. I was so excited to find 0 calorie marshmallow dip and peanut...” Read full tasting note
  • “Feels so good to not return an empty bag into my cabinet! I used up the remainder of the bag to make iced tea. I’m finding it really doesn’t take that much overnight to get a good flavor for some...” Read full tasting note
  • “And so concludes yesterday’s backlog! And consequently Tre just got home, so I don’t get to log any of today’s tea… So, tomorrow there’ll be backlog all over again. What an unpleasant...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting much.

Coconut, raspberry black. Meh. I can imagine.

But wow. The dry smell is POW, a punch, right in the kisser! The tea itself smells just as strong, like this awesome raspberry coconut confection… decadent and .. wow. Took my breath away haha.

Love! Can’t wait to try it iced!

Faith

Maybe I’ll have to try it again, the first time I had it brewed in store… atrocious!

DaisyChubb

Ah fair enough! I have a feeling this black can be oversteeped VERY easily, even in my 3 minute, less than boiling steep it was a bit bitter – I have enough for one more cup (I’ll try 2 mins) and a cold steep, so I’ll let you know if the tea redeems itself enough!

I unearthed this ancient sample from my stash – I have no idea why I didn’t try drinking it before now. I believe this was one of their spring teas and it also looks to have been discontinued but maybe they’ll bring it back.

This isn’t quite as terrible as I was fearing it would be. I actually like the raspberry here in this blend but I don’t think the coconut goes so well with it. Kind of sickly sweet somehow & might be better iced. I guess I haven’t been missing much. :-/

Dorothy

It’s now a permanent tea since winning a voting contest to bring back old teas.

ScottTeaMan

Amy, don’t you normally like raspberry flavoring in teas??

TeaBrat

@Dorothy – well I would not have voted for it that’s for sure!

@Scott- it was just the raspberry coconut combo I did not really care for

1 tbsp for 375 ml

Slight creaminess. Black tea astringency. Artificial-tasting raspberry flavour. Coconut taste slightly overwhelms the blend.

Trying out one of my new teas this morning while I get my butt in gear to go to the Farmer’s Market.

I really like this. Dry, it smells heavenly. All raspberry and coconutty. I decided to try it with just a tiny bit of some rock cane sugar I suckered myself into buying, and no milk even though I always put milk in my black teas. It’s quite yummy. I get way more coconut that raspberry though. Maybe if I did put a smidgen of milk the raspberry would come out. I like whatever the tea base is. At 4 minutes, I don’t get any of the bitterness that I worry about when I drink black tea.

I suspect I would drink this a lot if I didn’t limit my black teas to the morning. Well that, and the fact I have a lot of black teas to get through :)

Edit: I did a second steeping after I got home from the market. (By the way, it’s not supposed to be this chilly when it’s only September 1st. Just saying.) Steeped 5 minutes, little bit of the rock cane sugar, no milk: it tastes just as yummy as the first steeping.

I couldn’t place the scent of the brewed tea earlier. I took more time to think about it this time. It reminds me of the early morning in a tropical country (for me, that would be the Philippines or Vietnam). The scent of the tea is like the woody scent of the trees in that hot, muggy morning mist.

This smells amaaazing and it’s pretty good! I love coconut and it’s super tasty with raspberry. It’s a bit snappish, gonna steep it a bit less next time.

Cavocorax

Mmm. This sounds good.Apparently I love coconut teas.

Ozli

Coconut is IRRESISTIBLE.

So I bought this in Aug as one of my birthday gifts and I just got around to opening and trying it! man I wish I had not waited!!!! This one is SOOO good I defiantly can taste the coconut and the scent of raspberry is there oh soo sweet and delicious I finished the cup in bed while Amber my BFF chatted away about her day with her children lol. Just a wonderful Cup to whisk you away!

KeenTeaThyme

This takes me back to a year ago when I was just discovering the extreme awesomeness of David’s Tea. I never purchased the full size of this though! Oh well. Guess I’ll have to place an order. What a chore. ;)

So I thought I’d try a cup of this since Heather Martin and a few others rec’d it as a good dessert-ish tea from DAVIDsTEA, and it is! I bought 20g of it to toss into a swap, but I stole a cup out just to make sure I wasn’t sending anything terrible off.

And I’m not. This is good! It’s not the BEST coconut fruity tea I’ve had but it really makes me wish I had mix to put in this, and I don’t (rarely) drink. So, that’s something.

Hopefully I will have better luck with this one. I’ve picked a few duds today but I’m not letting it put me off.

Once steeped I can smell creamy vanilla and sour fruit. Flavour is sweet, sour and berried with a malted, smoky and dark black tea base. No idea why it’s called Fantasy Island because that is the last thing I think of whilst drinking it, instead it’s more raspberry icing cake or sour berry sponge.

With added sugar it brings out the cake like quality and vanilla a lot more. It’s not great but neither is it terrible. I wouldn’t buy this tea in but could drink it again.

So I haven’t been logging much recently, because of the stress of my thesis, and PhD applications, and then being sick as well.

I have, of course, been drinking tea by the gallon to get through it, and Fantasy Island has become my absolute favourite. I think I might be addicted to it (obviously I’m addicted to tea, but my love for this specific one seems unparalleled).

Its just so delicious smooth, and dark, with the lovely hint of raspberries. Delicious. Now I’m going to fill my Timolino and enjoy this tea on my commute to school today.

Indigobloom

good luck on your applications!

licious

Thanks! Its the last push to get them done, and then the agonizing waiting….

This one is raspberry and coconut with a darkish black base. It resteeps well, and really makes a great dessert tea. I am not sure it is one I could drink frequently, but it is definitely a treat! Thank you to ladykittykat for an awesome swap!

I am onto my third? sample of David’s Tea. All I have to say is that I am jealous of my Canadian tea drinker friends. I think David’s has great quality from all that I have had a chance to try thus far. And for some of you, you can visit the shop! I am still trying to get to a shop that does not start with ‘T’. I have a feeling, that if I were able to shop for tea in person, I would be drowning in tea, rather than just swimming in it!

Daddyselephant

It wasn’t until I started swapping that I realized how lucky I am to be able to visit a DavidsTea any time I please. I’ve tried quite a few other companies by now, but DavidsTea still remains the best, IMHO.

And yay swaps! Let me know if there’s anything else you want to try! .

Uniquity

No worries…there are always those of us in the Great White North who will help a fellow David’s Tea lover out. I didn’t realize how lucky I was to have two in my neighbourhood until I learned that you need $50 to make free shipping. Of course, that’s all too easy to do but I LOVE to smell their teas!

QuiltGuppy

I just received a package from DavidsTea today. It’s really quick! The $50/free shipping applies to the USA, too. :)

SimplyJenW

QuiltGuppy- I knew that about David’s, but sometimes it is hard to jump in for $50 if you don’t know what you are getting. That is why I so appreciate those that have swapped David’s samples with me…. I will order at some point for sure, now that I know it is worth it!

QuiltGuppy

Believe me, I know nothing is more disappointing than ordering a bag of tea that I don’t like. (I wish they had samples.) However, it also gives ammunition for swapping. I have several of the teas from there, too, so if there’s something you want to try, I may have it!