Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Coconut, Creamy, Raspberry, Bitter, Burnt, Perfume, Butter, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1913 tasting notes

This was not what I was expecting.
I thought that Fantasy Island would be a tropical tea, more in the mode of Lupicia’s Happiness (though this is black , not green), or one of the Harney tropical flavors.
This was not what I was expecting at all.
This tea is much warmer and roast-yer than I would have expected. The coconut makes it feels toasty, and I’m not getting any of the raspberry that is promised in the flavor profile.
Still, to my own surprise, I’ve really enjoyed this sample! Why did I delay drinking it so long? Many thanks to Ost, because I surely was not going to buy this tea on my own, but its been a pleasant visitor in the cupboard.

I felt like a hot cuppa this morning so I reached for an oldie but a goodie. My scoop was heavy on the coconut flakes, but I don’t mind that at all. If I could somehow manage to find a tea that combines the roasted coconut flavor of Fantasy Island with the awesome raspberry and cake flavors of Vicky’s Sponge Cake, I’d be one happy camper. Maybe I need to just buy some flaked coconut, toast it myself and add it to Vicky’s Sponge Cake…but I digress. I added a scant amount of stevia and a tiny glug of almond milk. It’s exactly what I needed on a Tuesday morning – smooth, sweet and comforting.

The Black tea flavour really takes over this tea and I barely get a taste of any raspberry or coconut. In fact, I get a burnt like taste everytime I have steeped this and I have tried steeping it for less/more time. I, for one, do not enjoy the burnt coconut taste and its really hard to mask that even with an addition of milk and other additional sweeteners. I can’t say I would reorder this.

Flavors: Bitter, Burnt, Coconut, Perfume

Raspberry? There’s raspberry in this? I don’t get raspberry at all. Coconut? Yes. Chocolate? Yes. Even butter? Yes. But no raspberry. Which is disappointing because I really like raspberry. Oh well, if you want coconut, this may be the one for you. Buttery and smooth…

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Coconut

I never logged this? That’s weird, because I’ve managed to drink the whole entire package.

Since I have deep weaknesses for both raspberry tea and coconut tea, I guess it’s no surprise that I found a raspberry coconut tea pretty addictive. Both flavor notes are very present, but I think the raspberry has the edge here, and consequently, this is quite a sweet one. Far sweeter than David’s other coconut black tea, Buttered Rum (which is also delicious). The base is also robust and adds a lot of character to the brew.

Well I guess I know what I’ll be ordering next.

I went into Davids recently to try some new teas (I can never stop myself) and decided to try and be minimalistic in my purchases (As I’ve just paid for my tuition cry) and I got 10g of this tea and a few others. Man so I wish I had bought way more than just a few cups worth. Really nice flavour – more coconut than raspberry in my opinion but not very strong but not weak either. A very nice blend of flavours. A nice cup of tea to sit down with Netflix and try to not think about starting school tomorrow…

This is a very tasty flavored tea. I picked it up earlier in the week at David’s Tea. I brewed this earlier and then the exterminator showed up as I was making it. When I realized he had been spreading his poison right above my tea I dumped it and started over. I had to use fresh leaves as I had already thrown out the leaves so this is a first steep.

There are strong notes of raspberry and coconut which is no surprise as they were added. The steepster page also says dark chocolate which is present too although not strongly. This is very tasty. There was a slight film on the top of the tea which has since cleared, must have been oil from the coconut.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 min.

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

I’m a sucker for a good coconut tea, so when I saw this one at David’s, I knew I had to try it! I’m really not noticing the raspberry flavor in this cup. There’s lots of coconut and also a rich, slightly bitter taste that is reminding me of dark chocolate. The flavor is actually quite similar to their Chocolate Macaroon, which I had yesterday. It’s quite good, but I think I like the Chocolate Macaroon a bit better.

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate

My sister loves this tea. She says it’s in her top five favourites from David’s Tea. It’s because of her that I decided to try it. I believe that it is well done. Once the tea is steeped, the smell is of ripe, juicy raspberries sun kissed with coconut. The black tea also really shines through. Upon consumption there is a bitterness that I don’t care for but the taste of the raspberries mingled with the coconut upon the black tea base is respectable. I had a feeling this tea was not going to be for me and I was right. The black tea is a bit too strong for me personally. This isn’t one I would recommend unless I knew someone who was specifically searching for a tea with a strong raspberry/coconut flavour to it. I’ll finish my stash of it but won’t re-purchase.

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

Pass the Stash TTB #18

This was middle of the road for me. I’ve had better coconut teas, and this one also doesn’t have a strong enough coconut flavor for me. There’s also a hint of fruit in the background but it doesn’t really come through to the front. Maybe if I added some sugar it would be better…

Okay, just added some sugar and that really did not help the fruit taste. However! The sugar really brought out a roasted coconut flavor that I am loving. I’m really enjoying this now.

Flavors: Coconut