Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Goji, Hibiscus, Melon, Tart, Tropical, Berry, Floral, Sweet, Lemon, Candy, Tangy, Apple Candy, Sour, Honeydew, Pineapple, Citrus, Green Melons, Butter, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! Tart and tasty, though it’s not quite as good as I remember. Probably won’t re-stock this one for a while, as I don’t think it’s a blend that will be discontinued so I should have nothing...” Read full tasting note
  • “A friend came over earlier this afternoon to have tea together and catch up. I had a jug of this cold steeping in the fridge since last night so we opted for that since it’s been quite a warm...” Read full tasting note
  • “EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! There was a snail floating in my tea as it steeping this morning! I am officially turned off! and I was going to make a lemonade based iced tea with this...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m sick. Like really, seriously, worthless, coughing a lung up, sick! How does a SoCal vegan girl who drinks at least one glass of green juice a day, and who works out religiously get a f’n chest...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Much better luck this time with my tea-to-water ratio! Right out of the package it smells great and the big chunks of fruit look good enough to eat! It’s very pink this time (CUTE), so I think that means I got it right. It doesn’t have an overly intense flavor (a positive). The sweet, fruity notes are all kept in check by the very essential hint of lemon – in fact when sipping, the lemon is what tingles on my tongue the most with a very satisfying fruity finish. This will be an excellent summer tea – the flavor combination puts me in mind of sitting on my balcony at night, watching city traffic and sipping on some Goji Pop! This came with my Spring Collection kit and is running out fast so I’ll definately be needing some more! A+

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This was my go-to summer tea (usually iced). It’s fruity and yummy, not too tart and not too sweet, like a mild version of fruit punch juice, but in tea form and packed with natural ingredients!

Flavors: Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Goji, Hibiscus, Melon

I disappointed in this tea :( I was really looking forward to trying it but, I’m not a fan. It’s pleasantly tart but left an awful taste in the back of my throat. Bummer.

This tea smells like fruit by the foot!! It took me forever to put my finger on it but now I’m positive that’s what this reminds me of. It’s pretty good! A little tart, but good. Probably one that I won’t go and buy more of once I run out, but it does make some decent iced tea (if I sweeten it enough).

Flavors: Apple, Tart

Got this as a free sample with an order I placed. It’s like fruit punch… hot fruit punch. I’m not a fan. It’s probably very good cold though, I’ll have to wait until summer to try it.

Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast. My notes are not meant to be a review for the tea community, but rather for myself so I know what to buy or not buy again (I wish there was a way to keep notes private).

I’ve had this both hot and as a homemade tea pop, both from sample packets, and let me tell you I cannot wait to order a whole tin!
Not your average fruit flavor. I suppose goji isn’t for everyone, but I think it’s delicious and it has just the right sweetness. Tropical without overdoing it. Fruity without being tart. I’m in love.

Flavors: Fruity, Goji, Tropical

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

David’s wound up giving me two free samples of this with my last order by accident so I figured I’d brew this iced with my lunch today. The dry leaf smelled a lot like candy to be honest, I felt like it could make a decent starburst flavor. When I steeped it the color was less of a pink and more of a yellow-orange color, but I might attribute that to the fact that I just used two sample packs to make it. The smell of the brewed tea was essentially the same as the dry leaf, and the taste was pretty similar as well. However, I found that the taste was a bit… weaker? As I said, I did this up with sample packs alone which may be the cause. Perhaps if I do pick this tea up in the future I’ll do it with more of the tea, and for a bit longer.

Iced 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

A sample of this came with my last tea order. I was pleasantly surprised! These days I usually don’t go with straight fruit blends, but I found this one really relaxing on a stressful morning. It’s got a little bit of tart to it without that overwhelming hibiscus aftertaste that a lot of fruit blends have. I’d consider buying more of this one once my tea stash decreases a bit.

Flavors: Apple, Berry, Floral, Hibiscus, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Shae

I’m sorry you’ve had a stressful morning! I hope your afternoon is much better.

Fjellrev

Me too!

Got this as a sample with my recent online order. I like this tea. It reminds me a bit of berry infused lemonade. The berry flavor is the first thing I taste but the finish makes me think lemonade…tart yet juicy. I only got one sample so I can’t try it this time but I think this one would be great iced.

Flavors: Berry, Lemon

Had this one the other day when DAVIDsTEA had it as their free tea of the day for Canada D’Eh (see what I did there?).

Goji Pop was oh-kay. It definitely didn’t knock my socks off, but it was free so I really can’t complain. Maybe because it was iced, it tasted a little more watery then I would have preferred. All I could really taste to be honest was tart with a bitter aftertaste. It also could have been a little over-steeped, but I find this to be a common taste among hibiscus and rosehip based teas. I normally associate hibiscus and rosehip type teas with winter and winter teas, so I can see why they added fruit and berries to this, in order to make it more summery.

I’ll have to try this one again, preferably un-iced, to see how I really feel about Goji Pop.