Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Candy, Raspberry, Roasted nuts, Chocolate, Alcohol, Artificial, Berry, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Dark Chocolate, Nutty, Tangy, Char, Cocoa, Sweet, Tannin, Apple, Baked Bread, Cacao, Cake, Cream, Creamy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Irish Cream, Milk, Taro Root, Thick, Vanilla, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added….. Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn’t fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got a to-go cup of this on my way home this afternoon. Of course I foolishly didn’t let this cool down enough and ended up burning my tongue which really impaired my sense of taste.

That being said this is a very nice chocolaty tea—almost like a weak hot chocolate. Definitely picked up on the almonds as well. I suspect this one would be amazing as a latte!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate

I recently came to the conclusion that I do not like chocolate teas. They remind me of being a child, and my mom making me hot chocolate with too little cocoa powder. That barely there chocolate-like flavour that just makes you yearn for actual chocolate and despise this chocolate impostor in front of you. (Speaking of hot chocolate – that conjures up sore memories of my ex and I going skating…but let’s keep the lid on that can of worms)

Anyway, last week I received Davids’ Sweet Indulgence set as a Valentines Day gift., which includes four chocolatey teas. This morning I thought “Eh…let’s get this over with” and broke out Chocolate Rocket.

I opened the tiny tin, and was immediately struck by the scent of chocolate and artificial raspberry. I hate to call it artificial, that sounds so derogatory. Let’s call it a raspberry candy-like scent. I let 2.5tsp brew in 1 3/4th water at 85 degrees for 6 minutes in my French press.

I poured, and took a small sip to determine what it was going to need. Bleh, just as I expected watery chocolate. I added a touch of agave and a swig of an almond & coconut milk blend. Sitting down at the computer to write this review, I sipped away. About 3 or 4 sips in I realized….the flavour was growing on me. In fact, I border line liked it.

In conclusion, I’ll happily drink the remainder, and wouldn’t say no to a cup if someone offered. I doubt I’ll buy it again though…there’s just too many better teas out there.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Raspberry

Sipdown!

I remember really liking this one when I first got into tea. It’s been my go-to morning tea for about two weeks now and I find that the first steep is too astringent for me. I don’t get chocolate and the raspberry just seems to contribute to the sharp taste. It’s too much … until I resteep it, at which point its much softer flavor-wise. I don’t get a lot of raspberry/chocolate, but it is smooth and sweet.

I bought about 30g this just before Christmas so that I could have a few cups before I decided whether or not to commit. When I first tried it I absolutely loved this tea, but I’m feeling more ambivalent today.

I love the mixture of dark chocolate and raspberry flavours. This blend is definitely a brilliant idea. What I’m not so sure I’m fond of is the very strong aftertaste of the yerba mate in combination with the super sweet chocolate. I love mate straight up or even blended with fruity teas, but this seems almost like the wrong kind of sweet for me. At least today. Maybe I’m just bitter because it didn’t give me the caffeine kick I so badly need right now.

I don’t know. It’s nice but I’ll have to drink more before deciding whether this is one I’ll stock up on.

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Raspberry, Sugar

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I think I just don’t like maté. I think they taste moldy… but I’m gonna try and try again until I find a way to like it.

This tea is seriously good! I’ve made some big purchases from David’s teas lately and this is one of my favorites so far. It’s just so smooth and comforting with the chocolate and raspberry. The chocolate and raspberry favors are spot on, no artificial taste.

I will defiantly be re ordering more when I’m out…so good

Excellent as a breakfast / dessert tea or an alternative to coffee due to the dark flavours and high caffeine levels. The flavour is pleasant and the smell is to die for. Most notes are blatantly artificial tasting, this may be unappealing to some people.

I thoroughly enjoy this tea.

- Arian Shamei

Flavors: Almond, Cherry, Chocolate, Coffee

Thank again for the lovely tea package, Beorhthraefn! This one always sounded like something I’d like to try. Chocolate raspberry is definitely my favorite combo. This was a nice little sealed sample, so I ended up using the entire pouch – about 1 3/4 teaspoons. A little bit more that what is called for, but it seemed to work for me. The color of the cup is like a dark cup of coffee, but the flavor is great… a really ideal combination and also an ideal balance of those flavors. Roasted yerba mate, hints of chocolate, sweet raspberry and just enough chicory to make itself known (not over the top chicory like I had in a tea the other day… mostly chicory and very gross). I wish there had been more of those promised almonds, but there wasn’t much flavor from the one tiny almond sliver I noticed. I really like this blend and I’m very glad I got the chance to try it! I can see it converting some to being fans of yerba mate.
Steep #1 // 20 min after boiling // 2 min steep
Steep #2 // 8 min after boiling // 4 min steep

This is one of my all time favorite teas. It is the perfect pick me up in the morning. I’ll even have it in the afternoon. Any time I’m having a chocolate craving this definitely helps. I would drink this all day, every day if I could.

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Overboard TTB

This is nice. It had a chocolate, raspberry, nutty thing going on that is pretty enjoyable. I added a little sugar which heightened all the flavors. The chocolate note is more dark than milk chocolate which works well with the raspberry. I don’t taste the Yerba mate at all, but that doesn’t really bother me.

I can’t say this is a tea I’d want every day, but on occasion I could see this being a fun treat.