Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Candy, Raspberry, Roasted nuts, Chocolate, Alcohol, Artificial, Berry, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Dark Chocolate, Nutty, Tangy, Char, Cocoa, Sweet, Tannin, Apple, Baked Bread, Cacao, Cake, Cream, Creamy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Irish Cream, Milk, Taro Root, Thick, Vanilla, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added….. Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn’t fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not bad really. Not exactly what I was expecting (The raspberry is very prominent) but very good nonetheless. My Davids package was delivered this morning, on a Sunday?!! I couldn’t believe it, But it was a nice way to get me out of bed and ready for my driving lesson…
So I taste mostly the raspberries and the chocolate is a background note. Kind of remind me of chocolate raspberry pralines, so this is perfect for the holidays! :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

This is a non-winter/holiday tea that I was curious about, and Roswell was kind enough to send me a sample out of her own stash. I don’t have much experience with maté, but anything roasted appeals to me and the other flavors involved sounded so yummy that I wanted to try it anyway.

The tea itself is definitely quite chunky. There are lots of big pieces, like sliced almonds, cacao shells, dried raspberries, etc. The maté kind of resembles a darker roasted kukicha in some places, while in others it’s more fragmented and reminds me of fish food. Dry smell is amazingly raspberry and roasty.

Wow, I have to say, I really really like this tea. The raspberry flavor is strong and yummy and sweet, like raspberry jam. I can definitely taste the chocolate, and it melds wonderfully with the roasted and nutty flavors. Overall, it’s just yum, and so comforting. I can’t comment on the energy effect yet, but we shall see if I’m bouncing off the walls in a little bit. Delicious!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Jam, Raspberry, Roasted, Sweet

carol who

This is one of my absolute favorites for the morning! For me, the energy from it is great. I’m in my 60’s, I need all the energy I can get! :-)

After reading so many tasting notes about how good this is, I was pretty excited to try it. An it’s alright but probably not something I’ll buy once my 10g sample is done.

It has a bit of a water hot chocolate smell and taste, with a touch of raspberry tart and flavour, but also a lot of roasted chicory flavour, char, earth and mustiness which takes away from the elements that I was enjoying more.

I’m not generally a mate drinker, but I was hoping that the flavours here would compliment it nicely, and I’m not overly impressed.

Flavors: Char, Chocolate, Earth, Musty, Raspberry, Roasted, Tart

YUM!!! Thanks so much to carol who for sending me a sample of this…it is DELICIOUS! The dry leaf smells like chocolate-covered raspberries. It steeps up to a rich, dark brew and has a fantastic rich, full-bodied flavor. To me, the chocolate is most prominent, but I also taste the raspberry and just a hint of nuttiness. Sweet and flavorful and the perfect high-caffeine pick-me-up!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry

carol who

One of my absolute favorites! Glad you enjoyed it!

Bought this the other day not realizing I had already tried it. It’s fairly tasty. Strong taste of dark chocolate and what I would guess is the mate in the background.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 185 degree water for 4 minutes.

Oh this is such a delicious “replacement” for coffee. Nutty and full without being bitter. It has a hint of chocolate. Great sweetened with milk in the morning.

I like a more assertive tea, but this is well balanced and lovely. More soothing than anything else. I don’t taste a real chocolate presence, but there is a gorgeous richness. The nose is very sweet and floral, with a more muted taste.

This would match well with a simple biscuit or biscotti, perhaps with almonds or hazelnuts, that gives focus to the tea as a dessert or sweet afternoon refreshment.

Flavors: Berries, Floral, Sweet

I have not had much mate. This is pretty good. It both smells and tastes like chocolate and maybe berries. (I like it, so I’m part of Team Rocket). :)

One of my favorites!

I am addicted to this tea. I drink a big pot of it every day. Amazing flavor. Roasty, hint of chocolate, not bitter. Just perfect.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Wow. The first sip I took of this was like a caffeine burst in my mouth.

If you like a bold, dark tea that nearly resembles coffee, then you’ll love this one.

It has a great dark chocolately, nutty, raspberry taste. It really does remind me of coffee a lot, but doesn’t have the bad side effects of it. It provides a great burst of energy without that awful crash in the end!

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Raspberry