Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Candy, Raspberry, Roasted nuts, Chocolate, Alcohol, Artificial, Berry, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Dark Chocolate, Nutty, Tangy, Char, Cocoa, Sweet, Tannin, Apple, Baked Bread, Cacao, Cake, Cream, Creamy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Irish Cream, Milk, Taro Root, Thick, Vanilla, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown!

I used to have this at work for a pick me up but since I’m home on mat leave I brought all my teas home…there were lots….

I recall this being a favorite, something to drink when I felt like coffee, since at the time, I was off coffee. It’s very strong flavored, between the almonds, raspberry , chicory (that coffee feel), and chocolate.

To be honest, I have no idea what mate (sorry, no accents on my iPad) tastes like.

I took a Contigo full of this when I went for a stroll with the baby, glad I did because it was colder outside than I thought. We Canadians get absurdly excited when the Spring sunshine finally arrives. You’ll see the braver ones outside with flip flops on in April. I only put a hoody on but it’s definitely still jacket weather.

Unfortunately those Contigo mugs keep the liquid so hot that I didn’t get to drink much while I was out there. Just burned my tongue mostly.

When I got home I realized I wasn’t in the mood for this after all. It’s SO flavored. I almost had myself convinced I could taste the artificial flavoring.
Not at all what I wanted.

I emptied it out and decided to bring some Laoshan Black to the movies in my Contigo, so I rinsed it. Then I got to the theatre and all I could taste was this damn tea! So I had to remove the contaminated lid and drink it without.

Too much flavoring for me, too much going on, I seem to be moving away from this sort of thing. It served me well at work but I won’t restock.

I’d rather have coffee!!

I drank this tea early in my switch from coffee to loose-leaf, and I found it impressive in both its ability to carry a lot of flavour and its efficacy as a maté. It maintains its dominant powdery chocolate flavour (powdery like cocoa, not like sugary hot chocolate mix) and like any other properly-balanced tea, its other ingredients bring out its main even more. This tea also stands up well to milk, both regular and flavoured non-dairy alternatives; I stirred this around with 20% vanilla soy milk and still got a huge kick of chocolate, with the vanilla flavouring marrying nicely with the cocoa and nutty flavours. I didn’t purchase this tea again, only because I found the flavour to be a bit too strong to drink more than two or three times a week, and that natural cocoa taste lingered in my mouth through the day. But it certainly does what it’s marketed to do, so I would recommend this tea for those looking for a “healthier” alternative to coffee and chocoholics of all kinds, alike.

Flavors: Ash, Caramel, Chocolate, Cocoa, Licorice, Nutmeg, Nuts, Stonefruits, Taro Root

This tea was my first tea from David’s Tea. I had a pretty rough night and couldn’t keep awake at work for the life of me. I can’t drink more than 1 cup of coffee a day (gives me stomach issues) and so I decided to try this one out. I was pleasantly surprised with the taste – I was expecting it to taste like hot chocolate with raspberry. I liked that the tea had a hint of chocolate, hint of raspberry and something more. Very easy to drink. And it indeed gave me a hell of a buzz after. Overall, this tea made me want to further explore loose leaf teas.

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 0 OZ / 0 ML

Sipdown!

Glad to be done with this one. It smells great in the tin, but brewed up it’s just not that special. Not a restock.

Tried this for the first time the other day, not a big fan :/

Probably only have one mugs worth of this left D’:
Which means I’ll horde it, and probably not drink it for a while. I’m going to try to put myself on tea buying hiatus. Or at least get through some of my teas before buying new ones. I certainly don’t have a HUGE stash like my husband seems to think, but it does take up a bit of space in our small kitchen.
Once I get through more of my teas from David’s this is going on the list! I like it without any additions, which is nice because its low-maintenance. Chocolate and raspberry are definitely up there as far as my favorite combos go.

Here’s another example of why I steer clear of artificial flavors. DavidsTea Chocolate Rocket smells swell dried in the sachet. It reminds me quite a bit of Tazo Pogo, which also boasts chicory and cocoa but features pu-ehr and black tea in place of the mate. Once brewed, however, the amber-colored Chocolate Rocket liquor tastes like a Sharpie marker! Okay, it’s true: I’ve never tasted a Sharpie marker, so I should modify my claim. Chocolate Rocket tastes the way a Sharpie marker smells!

I must be in the minority here, given the high accolades bestowed upon this mate-chocolate-chicory blend. With cream, the marker fumes are muted to some extent, but I’ll not be purchasing this tea, a few sachets of which came in some sample sets purchased at the post-holiday sale.

This tea smells so much like Raspberry Nutri-Grain cereal bars!
I used to be crazy about it ( tastes so sweet and gives you a great boost when school/work is overwhelming), but its intense taste may end up leaving you cold.

Maybe it was just how it was prepared for me in the store, but this tea was disgusting. I honestly want to give it a score under 20 but don’t want to be inconsiderate to it perhaps being how it was steeped. Just tasted artificial and no chocolate or raspberry taste at all.

A perfect blend of chocolate and raspberries. Love at first sip. This tea has earned a permanent spot in my cupboard.