Le Digestif (organic)

Herbal Tea
Anise, Mint, Vanilla, Peppermint, Fennel, Ginger, Orange, Smooth, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Andi Marus

2 Images

• “This tea is delicious and does exactly what it promises. I’ve had stomach troubles for as long as I can remember, and I’m a funny sort of lactose intolerant. I frequently forget that the main...” Read full tasting note
  • “The wonderful Little Mew Brew sent this to me ages ago, but I need it this morning as my tummy has been killing me. As I’ve said before it’s not something I could drink everyday, but I love how it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Well, this isn’t exactly how I thought I’d be spending the evening. I had anticipated sipping away at my new Butiki blends, but instead I’m hunched over a bowl throwing up scrambled eggs. I don’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “So when I woke up this morning, my stomach felt really weird. I decided that meant I should stick to teas that would soothe my stomach. Consequently, I brewed this and North African Mint. Then I...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Stop suffering
The Ancient Greeks swore by peppermint to relieve stomachaches and (OK, let’s be frank) gas. The Romans used catnip. In India, they’re into fennel seed. In China, ginger has worked for 2000 years. Other traditional remedies include sweet stevia, which reduces stomach acid, and orange peel for bloating. This smooth blend has them all. Try it. It just might do the trick. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I made tostones (chunks of deep-fried unripe plantain squashed & then fried again) tonight for the first time. They came out well, but the part that I should have seen coming was the stomach upset that followed about an hour after I stopped eating. Oily starch has a tendency to hit my tummy like a ton of bricks.

After only a few sips of this my stomach felt noticeably calmer. Granted it could have been the placebo effect at work, but I think it warrants a bumping-up of my rating anyway.
Flavor-wise, it’s not something I’d reach for regularly, but it does taste nicer than I remembered, and the stevia really does mesh beautifully with the other herbs.

I had this tea for the first time this morning and so did my cat! He went crazy over the catnip and even took a sip when I wasn’t looking! I loved this tea so much that I had it twice today. It does exactly what it promises and for me that was a relief. This morning, I just steeped up a cup for the taste but after a heavy supper, I needed it for the stomach relief. I love that it is a natural remedy and also that it has no caffeine so it is perfect for late at night. I found this one to be (in terms of taste) almost in between North African Mint and Detox so if you liked those, you may enjoy this aswell. Please note that my rating is based on both taste and performance. :)

I’m not sure what to think of this one. The smell, both dry and steeped, is …weird. I get a whiff of fennel, and then peppermint, and then what I think can only be the catnip. My brain is having a hard time processing what my nose smells.

It tastes a bit better than it smells, but it’s still strange. With the exception of the catnip, I know that I really like all of the other ingredients separately and in most teas, but I don’t think they blend well together.

Digestion-wise, I can’t really say anything. My digestion tends to be pretty good. If I ever have an upset stomach I’ll have to try it again then.

I was curious to try this tea because it apparently alleviates several digestive issues. With ingredients like fennel, ginger, and peppermint, I wouldn’t be surprised. Needless to say, I didn’t feel like it alleviated those symptoms, but it’s definitely delicious. I enjoy having this as an afternoon tea if I am in the mood for something herbal. Cats love it too! (To sniff not to drink!)

I picked up this tea after a night of eating too much bratwurst and schnitzel…needless to say my tummy wasn’t feeling great. While I give kudos to this tea for making me feel much better, I wasn’t crazy about the taste OR the smell and I can’t get past it. I do enjoy ginger, but I think in this tea it was much too overpowering. I’m not normally a fan of stevia because of its aftertaste but there wasn’t much of one with this tea which was nice. I ended up giving this one away to a friend just because I know I won’t get around to drinking it. :(

A nice smooth sweet tea, you can really taste the sweetness of the stevia leaves. It is so sweet that I had to think about whether I had added honey, which I didn’t. The sweetness might have been brought out by my oversteeping it, as I don’t remember the tea being this sweet last time. Anyways, I enjoy it :)

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Surprisingly good. Didn’t think I’d like this one, but I do! Great after a meal, or to sooth an upset stomach. Will definitely have to keep some of that on hand.

Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast. My notes are not meant to be a review for the tea community, but rather for myself so I know what to buy or not buy again (I wish there was a way to keep notes private).

I quite enjoyed this tea. It was comforting with the anise and vanilla flavours. I didn’t have an upset stomach so I don’t know if it actually works to help with that but being an herbalist I do know the anise and mint would normally be helpful for digestion.

Flavors: Anise, Mint, Vanilla

This stuff smells AWFUL before you steep it, but it’s much better when prepared. I was really wary about trying it after smelling it, but hoping for some gastric relief I did anyway, and was pleasantly surprised!

Not only is this a yummy tea, but it certainly helps with my lower digestion. (TMI time??) I suffer from severe gas once a month or so, and this tea is a wonderful home remedy.

Flavors: Peppermint

The main ingredient in this is apparently something called apple mint. It has a bit of an odd taste compared to the peppermint I’m used to drinking. But I figured I sample this and figure out if it does what they claim. I have only started drinking my cup so that is yet to be determined.

I’ll go back and give this a number if it works for my stomach.

I brewed 3 tsp of leaf in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 200 degree water for 5 minutes.

Flavors: Mint