Movie Night

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Popped Corn
Apple, Brown Sugar, Butter, Butterscotch, Cake, Caramel, Creamy, Honey, Kettle Corn, Popcorn, Sugar, Maple, Maple Syrup, Apple Candy, Apple Skins, Fruity, Grain, Sugarcane, Sweet, Toffee, Nutty, Green Apple, Sweet, warm grass, Vanilla, Candy, Almond, Candied Apple, Pecan
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

Ingredients: Apple, green tea, popped corn, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is my favorite tea from DavidsTea and I am heartbroken that they have discontinued it. It is a lovely green tea with maple flavoring and popcorn pieces. This tea is my go to tea for a bad day.

Flavors: Maple

Okay, okay. Something sweet. It’s not very aggressive though, and I kind of want that (maybe it’s because I only steeped it for 3 minutes). All I’m getting is this maple flavor, not much of a scent.

I feel like it could be better, and I will give it more chances.

Flavors: Caramel, Maple, Maple Syrup

I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this tea. It is hard to impress me through an apple tea after Forever Nuts. Forever nuts will always be the best apple tea in my eyes. But this was good too. First off, it shouldn’t even be called a green tea. I saw like one green tea piece. The green tea flavor is non existent, this really should be an herbal. For me, I can’t taste the popcorn, and I made sure that there were pieces in my infuser because I wanted to full experience. To me, this tasted like a buttery candied apple. Maybe like a candy apple with a buttery caramel drizzle. I think some of the buttery taste is actually because of the smell. It smells delicious but the taste is definitely not as strong as the smell. I actually had to steep this for longer than 4 minutes, because it tasted like watered down apple tea at 4 minutes. I steeped for a total of 10 I think. Next time i’d probably do 7 minutes. 1 1/2 perfect spoonfuls. I do recommend this tea because it wasn’t bad at all, it just didnt live up to the description unfortunately. But, I am going to keep drinking it (I have a 2oz bag of it) and I will come back to report if my tastes change at all!

Flavors: Apple Candy, Apple Skins, Butter, Maple

1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

1903 tasting notes

Sipdown! I got this as a sample from a tea exchange I did a while back, and I’m only now finishing it. I was impressed with the first cup I had a long time ago, but I had forgotten just how good this is.

Another appropriate name for this would be toffee popcorn. I know they have a (delicious) caramel corn, but this fits the bill as well. There is a bit of fruit (apple?) and a popcorn flavour, but not toasted/genmaicha, more like grain or popped rice. The caramel smell and flavour are AMAZING. There are sweet notes of butter and creamy caramel. Not in a fake-caramel-flavoured-candy kind if way, but in an actual caramel popcorn kind of way.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Fruity, Grain, Popcorn, Sugarcane, Sweet, Toffee

Very nutty and sweet. More herbal than green in its taste. I really like it as a prior to bedtime tea, though.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Nutty

After the crime against humanity that was Caramel Corn, I was terrified to try this tea, as it looks very similar. Fortunately, after a check of the ingredients, I saw that there was much less in this tea to make an issue of.

The tea base is surprisingly detectable. I wouldn’t have thought that due to the strength of the artificial flavoring and scent. There’s a grassy oolong sort of taste to it. There’s also a vanilla flavor that feels like it’s coming from the tea more than the flavoring.

The artificial flavoring is extremely strong. It’s caramel corn. There’s a little something sour like apple. I wish they would stop doing that. Why make a sweet desserty tea then add something sour like apple? Again, I can almost taste the flavors on my nose as I breathe them out.

Despite my description, this tea is much better than caramel corn. Though this tea is a desserty slap in the face, it’s not entirely unpleasant.

Flavors: Caramel, Green Apple, Popcorn, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass, Vanilla

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

Thank goodness for Friday afternoons. I love my job, but weekends are glorious. I’m starting the break with a new tea, one I learned about somewhat accidentally from Plunkybug. I was browsing her wish list a while back and this one caught my eye. Another DAVIDsTEA tea I found on her list became a fast favorite, Nepal Black, so I’m thinking this one definitely has potential.

This is a green tea blend, but looking at the dry leaf there isn’t much green tea to be found. It’s mostly popcorn (how unique!) and cubes of dried fruit. I picked around a bit and was able to find at least one tea leaf to put in my cup. There may have been a total of three or four in the final scoop. The aroma is sweet and savory, reminiscent of a buttered popcorn jelly bean. (My husband always gives me those when he comes across them so I’m pretty excited about this.) After steeping, the popcorn has all but melted into the blonde liquid. It still smells incredibly buttery, but I’m not getting any caramel or toffee notes like I thought I might after my husband told me that it smelled to him like Cracker Jack.

I’m going to take it slow with the honey on this one. I’m used to adding a bit more in the black teas I usually drink, but I tend to overwhelm the lighter teas when I’m not being careful. Less is definitely more here. The flavor is light, but I can taste the butter notes so it still seems savory. There is a nuttiness there that I think must come from the popcorn. It absolutely tastes exactly as it smells. I don’t taste the apple at all, which surprises me since that’s mostly what this blend consists of. I might normally try a second steep of this, but since it’s really mostly fruit pieces I think I’ll skip it. If I change my mind, I’ll add a note back in later.

Flavors: Butter, Candy, Nutty, Popcorn, Sweet

I LOVE THIS FLAVOR! :) ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE…..DELICIOUS :)

This tea is cute looking with the popcorn pieces but I’m not a fan of it brewed.

No, just no.

It’s really buttery and popcorn-y. I really prefer sticking to more natural flavours. I felt really unhealthy drinking this tea.