Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Orange Oil, Rose Petals, Safflower, Spearmint
Orange, Citrus, Cream, Vanilla, Apple, Citrusy, Fruity, Herbs, Lemon Zest, Mint, Pear, Sour, Tart, Creamy, Floral, Sweet, Berries, Peppermint, Candy, Citrus Fruits, Grapefruit, Herbaceous, Pleasantly Sour, Rosehips, Tangy, Summer, Berry, Spearmint, Burnt, Dandelion, Earth, Flowers, Honey, Bitter, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Fay

3 Images

• “I haven’t the faintest idea why, but I’m in a serious “everything is better with milk” mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7 too – and now this one. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it’s so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a new chapter...” Read full tasting note
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night’s Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, WTF JUST...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea yesterday led to...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love. This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Kinda weird. Not something I would drink on a regular basis, but the occasional cup is good. Valentine’s Day present from someone who knows nothing about tea, so bought something that sounded cool and literary.

Got another sample of this in my latest package. Still love it! Even though there’s no room in my tea drawer I will be getting 100g of this on my next order. I made some in my regular cup and steeped for about 3 minutes then popped the infuser in my big 20oz travel mug and let that steep while I sipped on the first cup. The resteep tasted just like the first! So I think (hope!!) this will be a cost effective tea.

I never thought I’d like this one, but it is so good! I love this one iced. For some reason, the lemon and mint work so well. I love the lemony part of this one. Anyways, haven’t tried this one hot yet, but iced is so delicious.

This is very interesting. It smells and tastes and like grapefruit. I wonder if that’s the gooseberries? My cup is almost gone and it was a very small sample, so they only way to analyze further is to try a resteep.

Tonight in my search for a caffeine free tea to drink before bed I reached for this blend which I received as a Christmas present. Upon being given this tisane I didn’t have particularly high hopes because it was a non-tea blend from David’s Tea (I feel that many of their blends are designed to smell fantastic at the expense of taste, in order to facilitate sales). That being said, this blend is really starting to grow on me, even if it does taste distinctly unnatural.

If I had to choose a single word to sum up this blend it would be simple. To expand upon that it is sweet, very fruity, thin, and easy to brew properly. It isn’t fine dining, but one cannot always handle the complexity of some contrived truffle dish from a high end restaurant, and in moments of distraction or exhaustion (in my current case reading a neuropsychopharmacology textbook) will often reach for a simple hamburger. That’s the function of this drink, it is simple and doesn’t demand too much of you.

Flavors: Grapefruit

I had a free 50 g bag of this tea given to me months ago. I tried it hot, with and without sweeteners and didn’t like it at all. So, the bag sat for almost 8 months. Today, someone suggested I try it iced to use it up and it is so much better than way. I still don’t love it. I don’t even really like it. It’s essentially just drinkable now but I would not repurchase and will be happy when my bag runs out.

Flavors: Citrus, Mint, Orange

Iced 8 min or more

This tea nagged me through the whole process. It seems somewhat familiar (though I’ve never had it before, and it doesn’t seem to be ringing any other tea bells) to me, and I can’t pinpoint where I know it from.
Its driving me bonkers.
From the first sniff of the leaf, to the brewing, to the sipping, to now sitting here writing about it. Its familiar! Its reminiscent of something! WHAT IS IT? Arrgh!
The closest I can come in a creamsicle, but even that’s an imperfect match.
I mean, I generally liked it, but its driving my memory nuts. How do I know you, flavors? Arghhh.

Fjellrev

Oh, I hate when that happens! It’s on the tip of your tongue for ages.

Roswell Strange

Have you ever had Cocteau from August Uncommon or Mojito Marmalade from Tea Forte? I find there’s similarities between all three. Also, pro-tip: eat the gooseberries after steeping. SO GOOD.

Rosehips

I’ve never had any of those, Roswell, but they sound good. And I will certainly eat the gooseberries next time, that sounds good!

Thé chouchou du moment!!! Goût léger, sucré avec une goutte d’agave, c’est divin avant le dodo!!! Je vais tout de même l’essayer avec une infusion plus longue, et mon eau moins chaude

I have been drinking this tea both hot and cold. For me, this tea has a taste combination of citrus and mint with a bit of floral in there somewhere. I find the flavor to be stronger cold than hot but maybe that has to do with how long I need it to sit to cool it. Both ways, the “orange oil” smell is a bit overpowering. Thankfully, this does not come through as strongly in the flavor, just the smell. I like that this is caffeine free. I wish they would not use artificial flavors.

Flavors: Floral, Mint, Orange

8 min or more 2 tsp 1 OZ / 29 ML

The flavor combinations are super refreshing.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML