Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Creamy, Lime, Sweet, Cream, Smooth, Vanilla, Artificial, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Milk, Sugar, Fruity, Apple, Citrusy, Nutty, Pleasantly Sour, Tart, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Frosting, Yogurt, Green, Lemon, Cherry, Custard, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”

Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

Ingredients: Apple, sencha green tea, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), lemongrass, artificial creamy lime flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is delicious. I had my first cup this morning. I didn’t think this tea tasted like Oikos Lime at all! It was sour, but not artificial. With a little agave to smooth out the harshly sour notes (understandably since it is two sour flavors mixed together) this tea tasted amazing with the green tea aroma clearly coming through.

The first thing I noticed was the lime. Oh sweet lime. It was fantastic! The second thing that came through was the agave (optional) so this tea was well balanced.

Ultimately, this tea was great. I can definitely taste the difference between this and like a lemon tea. Very nice. This tea showcases the true difference between these two highly acidic citrus fruits.

I thought this would be tart, so I was surprised by the taste of lime creamsicle.

Wow. What the heck? Why does this tea smell so ridiculously good?? Not the most flavourful tea I’ve ever had, but it smells so amazing! Like key lime pie! It’s got a pretty light flavour and a light sharpness of lemongrass to balance out the cream scent. I wish I had more so I can make some iced tea out of this!

Lime Gelato Amore!

So on my recent trip to DT the girl was adament on finding me a green tea I liked seeing as I already had so many blacks, oolongs and other types but hardly any green teas. After going through a bunch if not all of the green teas it hadn’t really found anything that struck a chord with me. Then she brought over Lime Gelato one smell almost had me sold, a free cup to try really sealed the deal.

Dry like most of the flavored green teas it looks like potpourri or something, there is a little bit of everything in this tea, but that’s not a bad thing at all. The aroma is a distinct creamy Lime Gelato smell, I have had real Italian Lime Gelato and this is pretty authentic for being tea. Steeping the tea will produce a lovely lime aroma.

The final brew is a greenish golden color, its a fairly cloudy tea, presumably from all the flavoring in the tea. The upside is this tea tastes like Lime Gelato and it doesn’t even require sweetening to do it and I usually put in 1tsp of sugar per 8oz of tea regardless. I have since tried it again with sweetener and it does taste a bit better but not by much.

I highly suggest everyone tries this tea unless allergies or a personal hate for Lime Gelato exist in your personal history, otherwise its one of the few flavored teas I have had that taste EXACTLY like what they claim to be.

So I’m in the kitchen baking muffins, and I decide now would be a great time to brew this sample from my last David’s Tea order. Warm kitchen, warm tea.. my apartment is so cozy!
I steeped this a little longer than 7 or 8 minutes but the flavors are still wonderful and not at all bitter. I took a few first unsure sips and I suppose it was too hot at that point because it didn’t taste like much. But cooled down just a tad… it’s fantastic!
This tea has a really nice key limey goodness and the perfect amount of tangy flavor. Not too sweet or sour.
It’s too bad I only have a sample on hand because I would love some more! I put the rest of the leaves in some water in the fridge and plan on drinking it tomorrow cold. I have high hopes for it though, because it’s absolutely delicious hot.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

Okay so i’m back after a long hiatus, sorry about that friends.

I have so many new teas to review and i am very very excited about some of them.

this tea is one i have had my eye on for a long time just never got around to ordering it for some reason. I LOVE Lime so i’m hoping i won’t be disappointed by this.

Dry leaves: they smell amazing! i would put in a bowl on my desk and use it as pot-pouri!

Steeping: it has a nice little yellowish green color and smells really limey

Taste: Here goes…I Like it! tangy but not too much, smooth on the tongue,a little faint sweetness, not really picking up the green tea but i don’t mind that, all in all this is a lime lover’s dream!

this i a new favorite for me, will surely go out and get a tin of this next chance i get!

I love this tea hot and cold. Cold with a twist of real fresh lime and over ice is just amazing, it reminds me of summer, it has both a fresh and bold smell that surround you.

This afternoon it’s Gelato lime..
Love this tea!! :)
It’s like eating ice cream…!!

The smell reminds me of key lime soda, if it tastes that good I’ll be impressed!

Tried this hot first, not really a fan. The flavour doesn’t stand out, but I can definitely taste the yogurt pieces…

So, I let it cool in the fridge and WOW! What a difference! This is a tea that is really supposed to be iced, all the flavours come out: lime, lemongrass, hints of pineapple, a creaminess which must be the yogurt, with the slightest taste of fresh green tea. Almost does taste like key lime soda, just without the fizz and the sugar-rush.

This tea is very light flavored and does not seem to become stronger with more steeping. The scent dry is very nice, but when brewed it too sweet for me. It reminds me of watered down lemonade.