Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Creamy, Lime, Sweet, Cream, Smooth, Vanilla, Artificial, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Milk, Sugar, Fruity, Apple, Citrusy, Nutty, Pleasantly Sour, Tart, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Frosting, Yogurt, Green, Lemon, Cherry, Custard, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”

Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

Ingredients: Apple, sencha green tea, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), lemongrass, artificial creamy lime flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Today is rainy and blah so I decided to keep this as a hot cup of tea even though it is screaming to be iced. I know people might be hesitant to drink this hot, but it’s really good! Really warm, sweet, and creamy. Really nice.

I have never tried lime bang or any of the other lime teas from DT, but I really like this one. It kind of reminds me of Dreamsicle for the creamy and sweet factor, but it’s pulled off way better. I really hope they keep this one around – I think i’ll be craving it from time to time.

When I was making my way through a mug of this, all I kept thinking was, “Lemongrass. There has to be lemongrass in this.” Finally was able to check the ingredients and, yep, lemongrass. That’s all I get from this tea. I can’t even taste the “artificial creamy lime flavoring” from the ingredients list. I guess maybe it has a creaminess to it? Still, Vanilla Swirl and Lemon Pound Cake are better, in my opinion, for a sweet, creamy, lemony profile. Vanilla Swirl and Lemon Pound Cake are both stronger, more complex, and interesting to me. Lime Gelato has a weird, bitter-ish taste that it leaves in my mouth after a while.

Sweet creamy lime. I wish this tea went on sale more often since it’s so delicious!
I`ve only ever had it as a hot tea but I`m sure it`d be just as delicious as an iced tea.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Sweet

2 DAVIDsTEA perfect spoons, 500mL water at 175F (“Green” button on my kettle), in my Steeper, and poured over ice!

Omg, am I ever impressed, it tastes just like the sample I had in the store! I often find when I make iced teas at home they come out way weaker and less impressive than I remember from buying iced tea at DT, so I’m pretty happy right now.

I get a lovely smooth lime with just a hint of vanilla creaminess, it’s lovely. I don’t get a really “green” flavour, which I’m glad of because I’m usually not a fan of green teas.

I’m finding I actually like it better just cool/lukewarm rather than iced. As I cool it off, it’s getting quite weak – probably would’ve been better off making a pitcher and chilling it rather than pouring it over ice.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Lime, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla

Kristal

For the longest time whenever I would make lattes at home I would always wonder why they never tasted as good as when I would be at DAVIDs. About a year ago I found out that you needed to brew it 4x the strength and that solved the problem. For iced teas I usually do cold brews in the fridge in 2L pitchers since I never have ice to make then right away, lol.

Alchemist's Fire

@Kristal, I totally agree! Although you have to be careful with certain ones – DEFINITELY don’t 4x the black or pu’erh teas, YUCK (I just used 4 “perfect spoons” of Juicy Orange and ended up pouring it down the sink. I used half my bottle of agave, there was no saving that tea)

I’ve used my pitcher once, and never really ended up drinking the tea, so it kinda went weird… Plus we never seem to have enough room in the fridge. Once I finally got “The Steeper”, I started making more iced tea.

I’m not even sure I know how to do a cold brew…

1999 tasting notes

Coldbrew

Really meh. Bit of citrus, bit of generic fruity flavour, some apple and creaminess. Not spectacular, but I am trying to sipdown this blend because it isn’t something that I really need in my cupboard.

My co worker at the time raved about this tea so I decided to try it. Well, we have different taste buds because I did not like it myself. Tried it both hot and iced.

So good!
Great when hot, or even warm, or cooled down.
Creamy, lime-y. Two steeps is delicious.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

OOOOOO I have been craving lime tea for about a year now but haven’t picked any up. This is almost exactly what I imagined. I like mine steeped strong and long though. It’s a creamy lime flavour, it’s not zesty. I very much have enjoyed my entire pot.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

So. This is not the first cup of Lime Gelato that I’ve had. I’ve had several. This leaf has appeared in various sampler kits from DT, and I’ve not been overly impressed.

Today, I was in the rare mood for a flavoured green tea, something tart and possibly creamy. Something diluted enough with other things to not contain too much caffeine.I have an apple green that I’ve yet to try, but apple seems to show up so often in DT herbals that I am a bit tired of it for the moment. I considered Movie Night, but no. So lime it is.

Previously, I had steeped the Lime Gelato from the tiny tins in samplers. Today, I opened up a fresh batch, and wow! The previous ones that I had tried must have been stale because this one is all flavour and loveliness. Lime and a few levels of sweet tang that you might get from a citrus sorbet. Not much green going on here. Perhaps in the second steeping it will come out a bit more.

Yes, it is lovely. So my rating is based on today’s moments with this tea.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Sweet

So far, this is my most enjoyable after-dinner green dessert tea ever. There’s a very nice sweetness in here that satisfies my sweet tooth and the creamy lime tang actually sweetens it a litte more, leaving something resembling a key lime pie taste in my mouth. Yes, it’s that good!

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Sweet