Green Seduction (organic)

Green Tea
Black Tea, Green Rooibos, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Pomegranate Seeds, Rose Hips
Fruity, Green, Floral, Rosehips, Grass, Grenadine, Berries
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Interesting. I first tried this tea 8 months ago, apparently, and wrote that I thought that jasmine was the dominant flavour. Odd! I’m really not picking up on that now, I’m getting a light...” Read full tasting note
  • “Using a free sample obtained from David’s Tea during their recent birthdy party. Intriguingly, this sample has no fruit pieces in it, which I remember featuring in the blend. This was one of my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold brewed this for my drive up…of course I got way too involved in driving (or yelling at people too, there are pull overs for a damn reason people) and now after getting here, just saying hi to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was a little less impressed with this tea tonight. I paid attention to steep time and water temp and still got a slight bitterness. I do like the berry and rosehip notes I am getting, but the...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Give in to it

Ah, the pomegranate. In Greek mythology, Hades, god of the underworld, used pomegranate seeds to seduce Persephone, goddess of fertility. In Biblical circles, many think that Eve was actually tempted by a pomegranate, not an apple. What a fruit. We’ve used it to create a green tea that’s just as powerful. Sweetly tart, and seductive on every level. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: green tea, black tea, green rooibos, rosehips, pomegranate arils. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hot cuppa.

I really like the robust, fruity pomegranate and raspberry notes in this tea. So much so that, actually, this has become my “Go To” suggestion for not only fruity green teas but flavoured greens in general. That said, I thought this particular cup was a little too grassy/heavy on the base for me to get as into it as I would’ve liked.

Sipdown! I literally only have enough for one more cup after this one. I added some sugar to this for flavour, and it’s quite good actually. I can taste the green tea, and then the pomegranate. Maybe the rosehips as well. Overall I’m enjoying what I have left of this.

Flavors: Floral, Rosehips

My second review for this tea. I had some tea bags left over from a 1/2 price box, so I decided to go all in and bet 4 bags on a cup of iced tea. I did this because I thought there were some different flavours that were clashing in the hot brew.

The cup aroma was much closer to that of the tea bag. The colour of the brew was strange yellow. Almost fluorescent.

It did seem to unify the flavours. I’m kind of reminded of one of those fruity blends that uses orange peel. But this was in no way citrusy.

Definitely raspberry jam on the nose and pomegranate. I buy the seduction argument for aroma. Unfortunately, you are going to be walking around with that aroma for some time afterwards.

Brewed for 3 minutes.

12 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

This tea was just ok for me.

I really like it! It was part of a Valentine’s day gift and I drank the lot quickly. I like the green base because it is strong, but isn’t overwhelming. The pomegranates add a touch of sweetness. Very good!

Flavors: Grass, Grenadine

I got this when I was downtown today as it was the tea of the day and, as I’m in Quebec and don’t speak much French, that seemed to be the easiest thing. Overall this is just kind of meh. No specific flavours really jumped out at me; I’ll just describe it as “green”. It’s definitely fruity, I was thinking maybe melon, but it would seem that’s just my imagination. Hint of floral notes as well. Certainly not bad, but nothing special.

Light, fruity, sweet and not overpowering. A slight astringency. Tastes like spring time. This is a good one.

Grabbed an ounce of this at Davids yesterday (I’ve been wanting to stock up on green teas, and this one looked appealing). I didn’t get home until late, but I brewed a quick cup up hot, drank half of it, then iced the other half this morning. I love the flavors of pomegranate and green tea mixed together – the combo works really well! One of my new favorites, but it wasn’t outstanding iced and I’m looking for iced teas for the summer.

Flavors: Berries

This tea somewhat surprised me. I’m not usually a fan of plainer teas, I like sweet and spicy teas with more complex flavours. However, this was a fairly plain tea with just a hint of fruitiness (but not in a tart, hibiscus-y way), and I really enjoyed it.

If brewed properly, you will have no other option but to be seduced.