Nepal Black

Chocolate, Malt, Musty, Honey, Tannin, Nuts, Earth, Smooth, Creamy, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Baked Bread, Bitter, Dry Grass, Hay, Molasses, Wood, Flowers, Cocoa, Apricot, Fruity, Mineral, Peach, Maple, Sweet
Medium
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Huh. Wow. Steeping this for 2 minutes at 195F gives me delightful honey flavour and no bad stuff. I like it! Plain!! (I better like it. I have an other 50g bag sitting in the cupboard!)” Read full tasting note
  • “1TB for 450mL water. 6 minute steep, 98C water. Rating: 95. Yum. I wasn’t expecting this to live up to the hype, but yeah, it’s really nice. A bit Darjeeling-y, which is not a surprise, given that...” Read full tasting note
  • “Very first order of the agenda here, can we all please agree that the country is called NEpal and that there is no such country as NApal? Thank you. This seems a common error, and some people do it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ever have one of those tea days where nothing goes as planned? not a disaster exactly, just not what you expected. That was today. See, I had planned to bring in one of the many samples I received...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Take you higher

There are good things brewing in the Highlands of Nepal. Like this hand-made black tea, from a small family-owned tea garden named Jun Chiyabari. From the first sip you’ll notice its rich, sweet, honey-like flavour. What doesn’t come through in the cup is how much good this little tea garden does. They’ve set up a ton of amazing community programs to benefit local schools, underprivileged families, and the elderly. This particular tea is a DAVIDsTEA exclusive – now that’s a good thing. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Black tea from Nepal.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is next on my list to buy! I tried a cup on the weekend and it was lovely. It was suggested to me by the person working there, and I really enjoyed it. I had it without milk or sweetener, but because most straight teas I prefer that was and because she said that it already had a sweet, honey like taste. I could definitely taste the honey but it wasn’t overly sweet – I definitely wouldn’t add anything to this one through.

It was way too hot to drink at first so I took the bag out after a few minutes and did some shopping! By the time we went back to the car it was still very warm and I was able to taste it a bit more clearly. I am still looking to try some more straight black teas, but so far this one was my favorite.

Traveled 20 miles from the forest area where I live to the city to have this tea (and do other stuff) but this was my first stop to get some delicious black tea as I sit here at davids tea located in Victoria Im always tired and lethargic but this tea made the trip bareable delicious tea and energizing too

TheTeaFairy

My absolute favourite plain black tea from DT!

This was a fair cup with good color and aroma, but it was a bit weak for me as far as an Indian black goes. I tried steeping another cup longer, which got mildly stronger, but the stronger taste wasn’t a better taste.

Bonnie

I’ve read that some people like the second infusion at a longer steep of 5 minutes better…and keeping the first steep only 2 minutes. Maybe this would work better for you? I like strong but not bitter also. Hate weak tea!!!

I love simple black teas.
So I went to Davids to try some, and I came out of there with Nepal Black, and Davids Darjeeling.

I just have to say that Nepal black is amazingly smooth and rich with flavour.
If you love black teas, this will not let you down.
The taste is dark yet smooth, so I would say it is perfectly balanced.

Great in the morning, great overall.

This tea took me a while to fall in love with, but now it is one of my favourites. Usually I want kind of a normal tea first thing in the morning… like English Breakfast. This one is kind of “earthy” to me, and at first I found it off-putting with milk and sugar. Now, I love it. My husband who is a bit of a snob against teas also enjoys it… which is a nice change! Strongly recommended… and even if you don’t like it at first… you may find yourself craving it later…

Mmmm.

First try of this. There’s no noticeable bitterness at all. Instead, something floral, something honey, something like a good pastry. Sweet.

This is very light for a black tea, it’s delicious and easy to drink. I think this would be great for people used to drinking green or white tea or just getting into the tea world.

Simple Plain Black tea, smooth texture throughout the whole sipping experience :)

Pre-steeped it has that cocoa smell common in Chinese teas.
That changed the second I steeped it, the smell and taste here is pretty unique. I guess the closest thing I would compare the flavor to is grilled artichoke, and/or maybe marinated olives? Rich and robust, kind of surprised others found it mild. Creamy mouthfeel. Held up well to multiple infusions. A winner for sure.

My favorite straight black from DAVIDsTEA (even though I’ve only tried three in store). The light honey flavor mixes in perfectly with the black tea (it’s hard to believe the taste is actually from the tea and there is no added honey). So soothing. No astringency on the first steep (I didn’t notice any). Tasted even better on the third steep.