Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Cardamon, Cream, Nuts, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Creamy, Nutty, Coconut, Fruity, Wood, Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Marzipan, Roasted nuts, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Tropical, Walnut, Stonefruits, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Rose, Cranberry, Pastries, White Chocolate, Floral, Ginger, Earth, Butter, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “Sipdown! (158) I’m especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it’s time to clear it out. Sure, I didn’t open the bag up until a month or so again so it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yum. This one’s getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I’m tired and it’s time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it’s one of the mistakes I made where I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea’s back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

Price: $7.75 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

OK…let me tell you, when the winter collection came out…as a newbie to this tea thing I RAN to the store to get it to try it out, I tried Hot Tobaggan and loved it. Today while I was working on my computer, I decided to brew a pot of Alpine Punch. The smell was to die for and yes this smelled and tasted like warm Amaretto without getting the effect. I am so loving this tea that I think I will be making a stop for a tin…it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Bought this in store a while back and never tried it. It’s not bad. Taastes a bit like almonds and honey to me.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was the first full size DAVIDsTEA I ever tasted. I picked this one out after they told me I could have any full size tea I wanted for free when I signed up for their rewards program. This one stood out to me as a very interesting smell, so I picked it for hot brew. I assumed they used 1 DAVIDsTEA Perfect Scoop, however I do not know the exact water temperature :-/ Unfortunately, I think I might be allergic to something in this tea as I think my throat felt like it closed every time I took a sip even though I thought it was quite delicious :-( I looked at all the ingredients in the tea and I think it might be the cardamom since I don’t think it’s rooibus itself because I had a small sample of the Buchu Superfruit before and didn’t have the same reaction.

My Personal Notes

Personal Rating (1-5)? : 3.50/3.75
Amount? : 1 scoop, DAVIDsTEA Perfect Scoop (made in store)
Water Volume? : 16 oz.
Steep Time? : Unknown
Water Temperature? : Unknown
Had Hot/Cold? (Prefer?) : Hot (Prefer-Prob Hot)
Smell? : Spicy Almond
Taste? : Spicy/Creamy Nut
Allergic? : Maybe-Cardamom?
Added Sugar? : No
Caffeine? : No
Special Prep (add milk, add honey, etc.)? : No

Flavors: Almond, Cardamon, Cream

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I received this sample some time back to try. I have been bad at getting into the sample box in 2016, however, I’ve maintained a daily schedule to try at least one sample per day (with a review included) in this New Year.

I had the wife grab something from the box today, and she really thought this would be a good tea that we’d both enjoy. It was a good tea to have with her as we both started into the day. Our goal over the weekend is to enjoy a cup of tea together and catch up on everything which had occurred over the week. Unfortunately, we are both on different schedules now, so when I come home at night, she’s already in bed. However, she thought that it’d be best to involve herself in my habit, which allows us the time to chat & enjoy the gift of tea together.

I definitely enjoy blends like because it allows me to take a break away from oolong, pu-erh or other pure teas. It allows me to return to my roots and understand the beauty of having just a cup (or a pot) of tea with others. Tea is a bridge that allows me to connect to others, as well as take time aside to converse and enjoy another’s company. And as much as I enjoyed this blend, I had enjoyed it more with the person spent drinking it with me. :)

Notes: This was brewed western style with boiling water; steeped for 5 minutes. Alpine Punch is fairly nice for a rooibos blend. I thought it had a very thick mouthfeel, with strong nutty and vanilla notes.

Flavors: Nuts, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla

So delicious! I got this as a sample from a friend in exchange for a sample of my teas and I’ll definitely be buying this one for myself!

Flavors: Creamy, Nutty

Really relaxing tea with a mellow but slightly spicy flavour. It’s as relaxing to me as chamomile, and I quite enjoyed it. I expected a lot more almond flavour as it smells very heavily of almonds, but it wasn’t a dominant note to me. Actually, no note was super dominant in the mix of flavours, they all balanced very well to me and nothing stuck out. So if I had this as a taste test without knowing all of the ingredients, I’d have trouble picking out exactly what was in it. This is a really lovely blend and I’m looking forward to having this again!

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 475 ML

Really like this tea, though I think it would taste even better in the winter. Also I think this would be a great one to try if you are new to tea and transitioning from coffee.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Nutty, Sweet, Wood

Alpine Punch is a tea I’ve been waiting to get my hands on and am glad when I finally did.

Let’s start off by saying how delicious the smell is – divine!

Right away I noticed the heavy almond/marzipan aroma it had. It reminded me of almond sugar cookies my mom used to buy when I was a kid. Yum.

Looking at the individual loose pieces, there was a lot going on. To name a few you could see rooibos, almonds, dried apples, cinnamon, small pieces of coconut and ginger, rose blossoms, and cardamom. Since there’s a lot going on I was worried Alpine Punch might turn out to be another Organic North African Mint, which I did NOT enjoy. It was way too spicy for me and put my mouth on fire.

It’s safe to say this tea turned out delicious. When I took the first sip, I did not get punched in the face (pun intended) with a bunch of spices. Phew!

It was very sweet, smooth, and creamy. There was also a nutty taste which came from the almonds and coconut. It was smooth and subtle and you could also taste hints of apple and cinnamon as well.

It did have a spicy aftertaste, most likely due from the black pepper and ginger. Luckily it wasn’t overpowering and was just enough to give you a warm buzz from the inside – perfect for those chilly nights.

This is my new replacement for the recently discontinued Cha Yen Thai white tea from Teavana. It is slightly different: more cherry, less anise, more nutty, but over well similar enough (and no caffeine!) I made three cups without loss of flavour, but the fourth cups was weak. Maybe I shouldn’t have left the teabag in, I think it could have done 4-5 if I had taken the teabag out. I’m just too lazy to remove it sometimes so I just let it stay in the whole time.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cherry, Coconut, Fruity, Nuts, Nutty, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Tropical, Walnut

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

My favorite tea from David’s tea. To me it’s slightly spicy, slightly fruity, creamy and all almond/cherry flavoring goodness. I always drink it with almond milk.

Flavors: Almond, Cherry, Spicy