Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Orange, Citrus, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Tannin, Dark Wood, Earth, Round , Wood, Malt, Fishy, Sweet, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Peat Moss, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 45 sec 67 oz / 1967 ml

• “My go-to cup when I’m in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there’s actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that...” Read full tasting note
  • “Oh I am soooo glad to have more of this! I put it on hold for the summer as I feel it is more of a fall and winter tea with how rich and warm and comforting it is. I got a small amount from my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wait what, I only had a serving left? That sucks. /sipdown I’ve been freezing all day, which is pretty sad for a Canadian getting cold in Long Beach, CA. It’s not cold here, but I’m cold! So, I...” Read full tasting note
  • “It seems that cold brewing this one kept the chocolate from dissolving as much and enhanced the other flavors while making the chocolate more of an accent to the other flavors. Interesting.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Okay so tonight I am pretty much indulging in tea (had four cups of Matcha Matsu) and am now trying my Chocolate Orange. I dont know why but when I saw this on the website I like screamed, usually I hate chocolate with fruit but maybe the fact that this is a pu’erh changed the story. So I went into my local DT today and asked if I could smell this one. I asked her for 50g but as she was filling the pouch and taking some out cuz I guess it was over 50g I said “WAIT! I’LL TAKE 100g!” …as if I have anymore room on my shelf dedicated for DAVIDsTEA lol.
Okay so if you think the dry tea leaves smell orgasmic wait till you smell it as it is steeping… I seriously think I am going to cry because it smells so beautiful (tea geek much…?). And the taste is definately as good as the smell! David, you’ve done it again

Bonnie

This is one of my all time favorite tea’s! My daughter loves this one too! I’m so glad they brought it back…I just bought a bunch that should be here tomorrow from Canada to Colorado…can’t wait…!!!!!

I almost wish my friend hadn’t introduced me to this tea because:

a) I’m addicted
b) IT’S ONLY A CHRISTMAS TEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally drank my 50g bag of it in a week (or maybe less, I can’t remember…) and when I went back to the store to buy a tin to stock up for the year they were all sold out, with no chance of new stock coming in because the tea was THAT good that all the stores had high demand. I emailed customer service, tweeted them, called the stores, etc, nothing. Believe me this Christmas I may or may not be the person rumours will be going around about that I bought the entire container from the store….!

Davids needs to find out how to rebrand this as a year-round tea. I neeeeeeeed more!

Oh Happy Day!!! DAVIDsTEA listens when you cry! They have rebranded it as a not-just-for-Christmas tea so now I can have my fix every day. Hooray for no more painful withdrawals and bipolarness because my cravings were left to their own devices until next Christmas. Just kidding. I picked up a fresh tin of it yesterday. Ohh, the chocolate shavings are huge. The smell is intoxicating. I think I’m gonna go make a latte…

Somm

>_> I do not know what you’re talking about.

sluggo

It’s coming back as a permanent tea for the end of February!! Yaaaay!

Rachelle

I know!!! I just found out on Twitter and I could not be more ecstatic! Totally gonna buy way too much of it.

As I’m smelling the dry leaves i feel like whacking the bag on the table! this smells exactly like a terry’s chocolate orange!

steeped it looks like liquid chocolate, smells orange and chocolate but i smell the earthyness of the pu’erh as well.

time to taste: mmmm chocolate oranges. Maybe i did something wrong cause the pu’erh really hits you at the end there mine is very strong. still i love this! great job david’s tea another hit!

DaisyChubb

How long did you steep it? I find if you steep it around 2-3 minutes it’s still a strong flavour but less “earthy” (until the second steep of course!)

Then again if you like that hit of puerh then you did nothing wrong at all! :D

Chocolate and orange have to be one of my absolute favorite combinations ever, way up there with mint and chocolate.

So the first time I smelled it, I fell in love. Like many have said, it smells just like Terry’s Chocolate Orange. And I love orange-flavoured chocolate.

So, this tea. It was my very first try at pu’erh and I was a bit worried as I’ve heard it sometimes tastes fishy. Once brewed, this tea does have a bit of a fishy smell, but I can’t taste it. All I tasted is orange and chocolate and I’m happy :)

Day 22 of the 24 Days of Tea

At first sniff: As I am sure every OTHER PERSON has said below: Terry’s Chocolate Orange in a tea. I don’t read reviews before I try it for myself, unless I’m doing a blind buy online. That’s pretty much all I smell is chocolate and orange. I smell a tinge of artificial at the end of the sniff, but so far this looks promising. I’m not going to lie, growing up TCO wasn’t my favourite. I always asked for one because I wanted to smash one, but then never really enjoyed the chocolate as much. I think I am the only person I know who is not a fan of fruit and tea, except maybe chocolate covered strawberries, and they have to be dunked in dark chocolate to put off the sweet from the fruit so that the fruit doesn’t taste so sour.

At first steep: Alright, this is probably the first time in a long time that I was anxious about brewing a tea. I’ve never had a pu’erh before. I have read about how some of it tastes: fishy, off-putting. I brewed this for 4:30 at 100. Davids says anywhere from 4-6 minutes. When I poured it into my cup it looks dark and strong. I figured cream and sugar would be a must if there was a hope in heck of me liking this tea. It then became a very red brown colour. When I smelled it, my nose was overwhelmed with chocolate. The orange zinged as the last note. I like this tea, but I am still in the realm of “No nothing about Pu-erh.” Any comments or tips about pu-erh tea would be helpful. I get a taste of pool chlorine at the VERY end of this. I think I’ll have save any more judgements for a second steep. I will note my blend didn’t have chocolate shavings in it, it had chocolate chips. I guess DT changed that to keep the blend together better? Not sure.

My first time trying a Pu’erh Tea. I don’t really know what I’m supposed to taste, but I do taste a light chocolate and a very little bit of citrus. It’s somewhat pleasant, but there is again a little chemical taste to it, which I can’t place. It tastes a little like a bad chocolate orange candy.

Yummmmmm!! I love this one. It’s also my first pu’erh. A very nice treat for me :)

What better way to end a work day than with a tea that tastes like chocolate orange? I’d gotten this one in store before I left since we still have some in my store here and mmmmm. Definitely delicious as always. I’m still surprised I like this one as much as I do since I’m not a fan of those Terry’s oranges OR of pu’erh. And yet I love this tea.

Started my day off with this tea. This is one of those blends I try to be a little more careful with. It needs to steep long enough to get a good flavour, but I try not to oversteep it, because I am not super crazy about the base tea. It is not a bad, tasting tea, but it is certainly a strong tasting base and one that I feel works best in moderation. With a quick steep and a pinch of sugar, the chocolate and the orange shine though and this is a nice, indulgent morning cup to wake up with.

Wow! I’m not a lover of fruit and chocolate (unless it is fruit dipped in chocolate) so I was VERY surprised that I liked this one. I think I might have to pick up an actual chocolate orange to see if my feelings for them have also changed. I think I will have to rotate my Pu’erh tin between coffee and chocolate orange now.