Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Fruity, Pineapple, Hibiscus, Apple Skins, Rice, Tart, Toasted Rice, Nuts, Butter, Red Wine, Tangy, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Raisins, Spices, Popcorn, Oats, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Artificial, Earth, Vanilla, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

• “I couldn’t stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I’m not actually certain if I’d be able to tell them apart. It’s a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you’re so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I’ve tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 18 of the 2016 advent calendar! And a holiday classic this one seems to be, despite me never explicitly buying this tea by itself. The tea is very much a “Forever Nuts” offshoot, in that it basically has that same apple crumble aroma to it but with an added bit of… holiday sourness? I’m not quite sure how to word it other than it has that holiday aroma which is a bit tart, although maybe that’s just the hibiscus(?) being stronger in this blend.

Just like Forever Nuts, this tea brews up a bright pink color, which is always fun. The first time I had this tea I added milk, and it curdled so, fair warning to anyone reading this! The smell is warm and inviting and is quite fitting for a holiday tea I think. The taste of the tea by itself is… unfortunately mediocre. The sourness tends to mask the other elements of the tea, and even adding sugar tends to highlight the fruitiness of the tea instead of the warm spices.

Overall, this tea is… odd. It’s almost like a fruity tea with spices in the background, which isn’t really what I want from this kind of tea. Even if it was meant to be that too, I don’t find the flavor particularly appealing either. I might experiment with it a bit more when it inevitably comes in holiday samplers, but I don’t really want to get more of this…

I’m not a huge fan of this tea. It’s not bad but it’s not my favorite. I know a lot of people love it so maybe I just don’t have the taste for it. It’s basically a fruitier version of their forever nuts tea (which I love). It has notes of apple, cinnamon, and pineapple. I taste a little of the papaya but it’s not a lot of papaya.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Fruity, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve tried this one several times and just can’t get over how sour it is! It smells great but when prepared hot it honestly tastes like you’re drinking stomach bile. It’s so so sooooo sour. I’ll have to try it iced.

I don’t think I like this. It certainly has loads of flavour and I don’t like subtle teas. But another reviewer was right-I think it’s the hibiscus spice combo. I’ll keep it and have the rest of the gift tester tin but I won’t buy this one.

3 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

I was disappointed with this one. It smelled really nice and kind of similar to Nutty and Spice, which is, in my opinion, one of the best spicy tea by DT. It left an acid taste in my mouth that I can’t quite put my finger on just yet. I’m going to try it again and maybe reduce the steep time.

I love hibiscus. It tastes like cranberry juice. I usually drink hibiscus tea iced and, like cranberry juice, sweetened. The apple and nuts make this ok hot. I enjoyed it, but I’m not sure if this will replace cold steeped bulk hibiscus flowers for me.

When I smelt sleigh ride I was taken away. It smelt fruity and nutty and delicious. I could totally use it instead of candles to make my house smell amazing! Unfortunately it doesn’t taste nearly as good as it smells. It tasted very fruity and very confusing. Maybe I just don’t like fruity tea’s? But I wouldn’t get this tea again.

Wow the reviews on this tea are brutal! It’s not the tea’s fault!

The bag, fresh out of the box, smells like a McDonald’s apple turnover (that’s a good thing) but only because you haven’t gotten to the hibiscus yet. Hibiscus in a Christmas tea? Yes! And it turns it a festive red color!

It’s appley! It’s kinda cinnamony! The hibiscus adds some bitterness so it’s not too sweet!

I tried it iced at ashmanra’s and it was even more appley! It didn’t have sugar but I’d bet it’d be delightful. I’m going to try making a pitcher of it iced with some sugar.

I liked it :-P

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus

Fjellrev

Haha I don’t even recall how this one tastes. Look like I thought it was middle-of-the-road. Not too brutal.

gmathis

Thank you for making me think about McDonalds fried pies. (Yes, I am old. They called them FRIED when I was a kid. And they were!)

Superanna

@fjellrev Everybody was like “I hate hibiscus and apples! This tastes like satan’s butthole! I give it 15!”

@GMathis ashmanra went for Hardee’s apple turnover the same time I said McDonald’s. I bet they were delicious fried! They’re still suspiciously cheap and great with a cup of coffee.

This tea reminds me of forever nuts.. which is one of my all time faves. But it’s much more tart. From other comments I’ve read, I’m gonna assume the tartness is from the hibiscus. That’s slightly disappointing, but doesn’t mean I don’t like the tea. I could not only taste, but also smell, the popped rice. Kind of like genmaicha smell. It was very subtle though. I didn’t get much nuttiness, more so tart fruit and hibiscus and popped rice. I think I’ll steep it for less time next time ( 5-6 minutes maybe- I oversteeped on accident) it’s yummy though! Not awful at all! This and nutty and spice are my fave holiday teas from them right now! I’ll have another cup of this tomorrow and see how I feel then. For now, I’m giving a thumbs up- although if I could I would ask them to tone down the hibiscus

Flavors: Apple Skins, Hibiscus, Rice, Tart, Toasted Rice

This tea was the first loose leaf tea I ever tried. I first tasted it in last year’s advent calendar hot and loved it. When I heard it was returning this year, I stocked up during the F&F sale. I ended up buying a full tin of 150 g. Since then, I’ve tried it iced and it is even more amazing that way. It tastes like cinnamon and fruit without the cinnamon being too overwhelming. It is my favourite winter/Christmas tea and I will be sad when my tin runs out.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Nuts