Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Caramel, Sugar, Vanilla, Cake, Maple, Rooibos, Maple Syrup, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Cookie, Frosting, Pancake Syrup, Sugarcane, Candy, Cheesecake, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Coffee, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so good...” Read full tasting note
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday…which is Saturday…I’m not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I made a latte with this, some toasted sesame seeds, and some of Teavana’s Tropical Nut Paradise that I’m trying to use up because I don’t like it all that much. It was AMAZING! Sweet, creamy, nutty, mapley goodness. Since this seems to blend well and make such an amazing latte, I’m bumping up the rating.

I can’t. I just can’t. I wanted to like it. It smells divine when I sniff the dry blend. But after steeping, all I really smell is an overpowering scent of maple syrup. Yes. There isn’t any in the ingredients, but I still smell it. In fact, the entire office smelled it. It also has a certainly oiliness to it when I drink it. No, just no.

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Sweet, Vanilla

Sometimes, like now, I crave this one. Yes, yes, it is not the most natural tasting tea in the world, but that thick vanilla thing held up on a barely detectable rooibos base is pretty stellar with milk or as a latte. A great tea when it late and it has been a hard day.

Absolutely fab for what it is. And the sprinkles make me happy.

Flavors: Cake, Vanilla

Plunkybug

I love making “Oh Canada” into an iced tea strength, and adding a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk before the ice. So yummy.

TeaNTees

Still have yet to try this one! Shocking, I know.

Evol Ving Ness

Oooh, Plunkybug, that sounds delicious!

apieceofquiche

I’m not a rooibos fan, but I really like this one cold-steeped in almond milk. It tastes like melted ice cream to me.

I wanted to love this tea – is has sprinkles in it! And I love sweet things… but this is just too funky for me.

All rooibos tea tends to taste similar to me, and the smells are alike too. I’ve compared this blend to Red Velvet Cake in a different tasting note. It’s a nice, sweet tea. The sight of the melting sprinkles isn’t very appealing, and this is the greasiest tea that I’ve ever prepared. However, taste is more important than sight in this case. Surprisingly, I enjoy this tea more once it’s cooled down, rather than extra hot.

Flavors: Cake

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Just sat down with a cup of this tea. Another one of the samples I got from the sample pack over Christmas 2015. Hooked instantly, so comforting.

This tea is super sweet. I love the cake-y deliciousness. My teenage sister (who is more addicted to sweets than I am) adores this tea and likes being able to participate in “having tea” with the ladies. I think this is a good introduction tea for children as well. They might appreciate the sweetness a bit more than older adults.

The David’s order arrived! I first tried this in a sampler, and despite my emphatic no-rooibos policy, I liked it so much I ordered an entire rainbow tin. You can’t taste the rooibos at all, just decadent buttery frosted cake. It’s kind of over the top, but every once in awhile it’s nice to have something that just tastes fun.

I hadn’t had this in years but I got a free tin as part of a sale, and I’m glad I did. I made this as a latte with sweetened condensed milk and it was just heavenly – very sweet, borderline syrupy and deliciously cakey. Definitely lives up to its name. <3

Flavors: Cake, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Kristal

love, love this as a latte.

This taste like pure vanilla topped with candy and more vanilla. It’s great, really sweet, and might hit the spot if it’s just what you’re looking for :)