Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet, Apricot, Pear, White Grapes, Floral, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Tea, Mango, Meringue, Narcissus, Nectar, Peach, Stonefruits, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Astringent, Green, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it’s nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I’m not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I’m thrilled – I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I’m likely...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you Aimee Popovacki for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Received this as a sample for ordering online. The only way I was able to get rid of the perfume chemical taste was to brew in a gaiwan and throw out the first brew, which seemed to be the worse. Subsequent brews at about 30 seconds each (80 degrees) were much better. The peachy taste came through and was more delicate. Still, the flowery aftertaste of this tea is a bit too much for my taste.

I rarely rarely brew white teas, because they’re so finicky to brew. I had a sample of this on hand though, so why not.

The first steep, even following the instructions, did NOT go well. At 175, 2min, the tea was still very astringent. The peach aroma was overwhelming, and I didn’t get any jasmine at all.
The 2nd try went better, I tried it at a little under 170, 2 min. The peach aroma is still very strong. I like smelling this brew. The tea favor is distinguishable, but just as a plain white tea. I wouldn’t even label it as a particularly good white tea, which is unfortunate.

What this tea has going for it for me is that it smells nice, and the leaves are pretty, but I wouldn’t purchase it for myself. Maybe it works better as a cold steep?

Got this as a free sample with an order I placed. Peachy. Delicate tea without any ‘in-your-face’ flavor/aroma. Maybe a little too bland?

I just hit Nirvana with this tea, it is incredible! The liquor is a pale amber and the smell is just wonderful and the taste is truly beautiful. This is the first time I have experienced a white tea and coupled with jasmine I must say they compliment each other quite well. This will be a staple at my home

Flavors: Apricot, Jasmine, Pear, White Grapes

2071 tasting notes

For some reason this smelled like bubblegum to me today. At least in the sachet. The hibiscus flower, maybe?
I really have to say that green/white blends are just not for me. They always turn bitter on my tounge, and are just never what I want them to be.
This is my final sample of this, and I’m glad to see it gone.
Sipdown!

I try to avoid having this tea because it’s such a pain to prepare just right. But unfortunately I got stuck with a little tin of 22g to finish, and not to mention a few samples that were stuck in some of my DT orders. Sooo. I’m trying to slowly sipdown whats left of this tea. It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s more like a love/hate relationship. It very easily oversteeps or burns and then it tastes HORRIBLE. But I’ve figured out that you only need to steep it for 1 minute or even less. Especially if you don’t have a temperature variable kettle.
Anyway, this tea is very floral tasting, and also can taste the jasmine flavours in it. I’m not a huge fan of jasmine, but it’s okay in this tea I guess. It’s drinkable, but I wouldn’t buy it.
Hopefully I can sipdown what’s left of it in my cupboard…

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet

It’s good but very bitter. Add some sugar to sweeten if need be.

2 tsp

I find that the instructions on the tin tell you to steep this tea for too long a time. I normally put 4 heaping teaspoons of tea to three cups (more or less), and steep it for 2 and to 3 minutes. Tastes like a clean mellow cup of green tea that hits you with a peachy jasminy flavor, with a faintly bitter after taste, which I love. I’ve played around with the steeping time and I find that it is much less enjoyable if you steep it for 4-5 mins, as directed on the tin. It gets very bitter very fast. I think my favorite part is chewing the white hiiscus buds after picking them out from the tea bag, haha, but I’m thoroughly tempted to buy a 250g tin of this stuff. Love it.

One of my favourite teas!

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Round , Tannin

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

Buddha’s Blend sounded promising so you know I had to go give it a try…

The name alone made me think zen, tranquility, and peaceful thoughts.

I have to say my favorite part about this tea was its smell. It was so delicious I could almost eat it. It was sweet, floral, and had a bit of a fragrance to it. It reminded me of the gummy bears and fuzzy peaches candy.

Once brewed I was a little disappointed as the taste did not quite live up to its delicious aroma. It tasted bitter. This could be my fault as I may have accidentally over steeped it. It did have a nice aftertaste that felt refreshing. I noticed I liked the tea better once it had cooled down – I could then taste more of the sweet floral taste.

I’ll have to give this tea another try and pay more attention to my steep time. With a smell this good it would be disappointing to have the tea taste bitter.