Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Apricot, Jasmine, Pear, White Grapes, Floral, Flowers, Sweet, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Tea, Mango, Meringue, Narcissus, Nectar, Peach, Stonefruits, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Astringent, Green, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it’s nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I’m not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I’m thrilled – I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I’m likely...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you Aimee Popovacki for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due...” Read full tasting note
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s good but very bitter. Add some sugar to sweeten if need be.

2 tsp

I find that the instructions on the tin tell you to steep this tea for too long a time. I normally put 4 heaping teaspoons of tea to three cups (more or less), and steep it for 2 and to 3 minutes. Tastes like a clean mellow cup of green tea that hits you with a peachy jasminy flavor, with a faintly bitter after taste, which I love. I’ve played around with the steeping time and I find that it is much less enjoyable if you steep it for 4-5 mins, as directed on the tin. It gets very bitter very fast. I think my favorite part is chewing the white hiiscus buds after picking them out from the tea bag, haha, but I’m thoroughly tempted to buy a 250g tin of this stuff. Love it.

One of my favourite teas!

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Round , Tannin

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

Buddha’s Blend sounded promising so you know I had to go give it a try…

The name alone made me think zen, tranquility, and peaceful thoughts.

I have to say my favorite part about this tea was its smell. It was so delicious I could almost eat it. It was sweet, floral, and had a bit of a fragrance to it. It reminded me of the gummy bears and fuzzy peaches candy.

Once brewed I was a little disappointed as the taste did not quite live up to its delicious aroma. It tasted bitter. This could be my fault as I may have accidentally over steeped it. It did have a nice aftertaste that felt refreshing. I noticed I liked the tea better once it had cooled down – I could then taste more of the sweet floral taste.

I’ll have to give this tea another try and pay more attention to my steep time. With a smell this good it would be disappointing to have the tea taste bitter.

I would describe this tea as shy, with fruity and floral notes coming out as it gets used to you.

Deliciously mellow with highlights of sweet apricot, creamy peach, and floral jasmine. Those of you who find this bitter should steep at a lower temperature. I find 70-80 degrees C is perfect and you can even leave the teabag in. I find this brings out the fruit and sweetness.

It also is a good method for multiple steeps, because the white base still has a lot of flavour left in it. This is actually one of my all time favourite white/lighter teas because I love the base they use.

Flavors: Apricot, Floral, Fruity, Jasmine, Mango, Meringue, Narcissus, Nectar, Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet, Tannin, Tea, White Grapes

This smelled pleasantly fruity, but I couldn’t stand the taste. It was very floral, but the green tea was very bitter, so it ended up tasting soapy and unpleasant.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Fruity, Perfume, Soap

Love this tea but will not repurchase due to the artificial flavouring.

I love this tea, but it took me forever to figure out how to prepare it. Cooler then recommended water (I find anything above 75 C leaves it bitter), and much less tea then recommended. These two adjustments let the tea’s flavor shine, without overwhelming or becoming bitter. If you can handle how temperamental this tea is to make, it is fragrant, and leaves a sweet aftertaste.

Smells wonderful but I don’t like the taste.

Smells amazing in the bag, very fruity, which confused me because it doesn’t say anything about fruit in the ingredients. I thought I had accidentally opened the White Nectarine and had to double check label.
Lightly sweet with a delicate peach flavor, a hint of jasmine. This is more peachy than some supposed peach teas I’ve had. Not all what I was expecting, but it is very good. Being a white tea, you have to be very careful about temp/time. My tiny 5g sample didn’t have any hibiscus flowers in it.