Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Green, Stonefruits, Sweet, Flowers, Jasmine, Apricot, Pear, White Grapes, Floral, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Tea, Mango, Meringue, Narcissus, Nectar, Peach, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Astringent, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Charlie

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it’s nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I’m not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I’m thrilled – I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I’m likely...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you Aimee Popovacki for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This smelled AMAZING when I first opened the sample packet. The description online sounded like something I’d like, and I wasn’t wrong. I think I oversteeped it a bit, because it’s a little more astringent than I thought it would be, but overall it’s good. It reminds me of the “Lust” perfume at Lush, which is my daily wear.

Flavors: Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet

3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

Got this as a sample. I’ve never had white tea before and apparently it’s popular so I was eager to try it! It smells and (faintly) tastes like fuzzy peaches! Very light, peachy, a bit floral. I like it but it’s pretty expensive and not something I would reach for in the morning/afternoon. It’s too high in caffeine for me to enjoy in the evening when I think I would like it most. So it may have to be a Frequent Steeper reward (if they offer this one!). And I just noticed that the rainbow tins are Buy 2, Get 1 Free again! After I just bought three two weeks ago! :’(

Received this as a sample for ordering online. The only way I was able to get rid of the perfume chemical taste was to brew in a gaiwan and throw out the first brew, which seemed to be the worse. Subsequent brews at about 30 seconds each (80 degrees) were much better. The peachy taste came through and was more delicate. Still, the flowery aftertaste of this tea is a bit too much for my taste.

I rarely rarely brew white teas, because they’re so finicky to brew. I had a sample of this on hand though, so why not.

The first steep, even following the instructions, did NOT go well. At 175, 2min, the tea was still very astringent. The peach aroma was overwhelming, and I didn’t get any jasmine at all.
The 2nd try went better, I tried it at a little under 170, 2 min. The peach aroma is still very strong. I like smelling this brew. The tea favor is distinguishable, but just as a plain white tea. I wouldn’t even label it as a particularly good white tea, which is unfortunate.

What this tea has going for it for me is that it smells nice, and the leaves are pretty, but I wouldn’t purchase it for myself. Maybe it works better as a cold steep?

Got this as a free sample with an order I placed. Peachy. Delicate tea without any ‘in-your-face’ flavor/aroma. Maybe a little too bland?

I just hit Nirvana with this tea, it is incredible! The liquor is a pale amber and the smell is just wonderful and the taste is truly beautiful. This is the first time I have experienced a white tea and coupled with jasmine I must say they compliment each other quite well. This will be a staple at my home

Flavors: Apricot, Jasmine, Pear, White Grapes

For some reason this smelled like bubblegum to me today. At least in the sachet. The hibiscus flower, maybe?
I really have to say that green/white blends are just not for me. They always turn bitter on my tounge, and are just never what I want them to be.
This is my final sample of this, and I’m glad to see it gone.
Sipdown!

I try to avoid having this tea because it’s such a pain to prepare just right. But unfortunately I got stuck with a little tin of 22g to finish, and not to mention a few samples that were stuck in some of my DT orders. Sooo. I’m trying to slowly sipdown whats left of this tea. It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s more like a love/hate relationship. It very easily oversteeps or burns and then it tastes HORRIBLE. But I’ve figured out that you only need to steep it for 1 minute or even less. Especially if you don’t have a temperature variable kettle.
Anyway, this tea is very floral tasting, and also can taste the jasmine flavours in it. I’m not a huge fan of jasmine, but it’s okay in this tea I guess. It’s drinkable, but I wouldn’t buy it.
Hopefully I can sipdown what’s left of it in my cupboard…

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet

It’s good but very bitter. Add some sugar to sweeten if need be.

2 tsp

I find that the instructions on the tin tell you to steep this tea for too long a time. I normally put 4 heaping teaspoons of tea to three cups (more or less), and steep it for 2 and to 3 minutes. Tastes like a clean mellow cup of green tea that hits you with a peachy jasminy flavor, with a faintly bitter after taste, which I love. I’ve played around with the steeping time and I find that it is much less enjoyable if you steep it for 4-5 mins, as directed on the tin. It gets very bitter very fast. I think my favorite part is chewing the white hiiscus buds after picking them out from the tea bag, haha, but I’m thoroughly tempted to buy a 250g tin of this stuff. Love it.