Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet, Apricot, Pear, White Grapes, Floral, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Tea, Mango, Meringue, Narcissus, Nectar, Peach, Stonefruits, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Astringent, Green, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it’s nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I’m not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I’m thrilled – I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I’m likely...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you Aimee Popovacki for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I would describe this tea as shy, with fruity and floral notes coming out as it gets used to you.

Deliciously mellow with highlights of sweet apricot, creamy peach, and floral jasmine. Those of you who find this bitter should steep at a lower temperature. I find 70-80 degrees C is perfect and you can even leave the teabag in. I find this brings out the fruit and sweetness.

It also is a good method for multiple steeps, because the white base still has a lot of flavour left in it. This is actually one of my all time favourite white/lighter teas because I love the base they use.

Flavors: Apricot, Floral, Fruity, Jasmine, Mango, Meringue, Narcissus, Nectar, Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet, Tannin, Tea, White Grapes

This smelled pleasantly fruity, but I couldn’t stand the taste. It was very floral, but the green tea was very bitter, so it ended up tasting soapy and unpleasant.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Fruity, Perfume, Soap

Love this tea but will not repurchase due to the artificial flavouring.

I love this tea, but it took me forever to figure out how to prepare it. Cooler then recommended water (I find anything above 75 C leaves it bitter), and much less tea then recommended. These two adjustments let the tea’s flavor shine, without overwhelming or becoming bitter. If you can handle how temperamental this tea is to make, it is fragrant, and leaves a sweet aftertaste.

Smells wonderful but I don’t like the taste.

Smells amazing in the bag, very fruity, which confused me because it doesn’t say anything about fruit in the ingredients. I thought I had accidentally opened the White Nectarine and had to double check label.
Lightly sweet with a delicate peach flavor, a hint of jasmine. This is more peachy than some supposed peach teas I’ve had. Not all what I was expecting, but it is very good. Being a white tea, you have to be very careful about temp/time. My tiny 5g sample didn’t have any hibiscus flowers in it.

This seems to be one of David’s staple teas, but I never had a chance to get a sample till now. Dry, it smells deliciously of peach and tropical fruit, plus some hints of jasmine. I am pretty sensitive to jasmine, but fortunately this is not very strong, though there is just a tinge of chemical-ness in the flavor. David’s markets this under their white tea section, so I was a little surprised to see how much of the mix is actually green tea. By the look of the mix, I’d guess it’s 2/3 white, 1/3 green. But the green tea is what’s coming out most in the flavor.

I feel like this has almost exactly the same flavor profile as their Three Wishes tea. Three Wishes had some rose petals, but these didn’t come through much in the taste. The main difference was its black/green base instead of this white/green base, but both had strong peach, mango, and jasmine notes. I quite liked Three Wishes, but it was a challenge to steep; if you got the water just a little too hot or left it just slightly too long, the floral aspects would turn it into a nasty mess. Unfortunately, Buddha’s Blend seems like it would be much the same, or perhaps even MORE picky, what with the white base. So much as I love peach and mango, I don’t think I’ll be stocking this.

Still catching up on 24 days of tea reviews. But what better time than a blizzard to stay inside with some tea?

This tea has a nice floral taste to it but it’s too astringent for my liking.

Bitter, floral.

Leaf smells great but brews into an average tea. Wouldn’t buy again.

Second steep was still strong, but didn’t bother with a third.

Flavors: Floral

This smells absolutely amazing! It’s viscosity is also visibly higher than that of other teas—it actually looked thicker as I strained it. It comes out a honey color.

The first sip is actually a bit bitter, but I can taste the sweet jasmine and hibiscus underneath that. I steeped it at 180 for the white tea, but I’ll try 175 to try and play nice with the green tea? Maybe that’ll help. :P

It’s very light and unique. :) It has an intoxicating smell to it. Not really sure what it’s coming from.

I love white and green tea blends, though. Yum! (Plus the skinny tin is super duper cute!)

Flavors: Hibiscus, Honey, Jasmine, Sweet