Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Blueberry, Berry, Fruity, Honey, Jam, Sweet, Pastries, Bitter, Earth, Smooth, Artificial, Candy, Burnt Sugar, Berries
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove

• “I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It’s definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think I might cry. I’ve been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It’s not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
  • “Got this as an eggnog latte and yet again it did not disappoint. It was like a blueberry custard, both creamy and fruity and so tasty. I am starting to think I prefer the fruity flavored eggnog...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I doesn’t taste much like anything… and I cannot bear the stevia aftertaste. I gave the rest of my bag to someone else.

Boiling

I think, out of all the blueberry teas I have had, that this is my favourite. The blueberry is so intense and doesn’t seem artificial at all. It is very delicious, especially in the morning. It re-steeps quite well and is great hot or cold, although I prefer it hot. I quite miss this one since I have sipped it down. :( Someday, my friend, we shall reunite!

Flavors: Blueberry

Got a sample of this from EmilyGee! Have wanted to try it…that DavidsTea fan group on FB makes me wanna try tons of their teas because apparently they are amazing.
Well…
That’s definitely not the case in my book. xD
Just like with every other tea company, I seem to only like a few xD
I had high hopes for this one, but of course it was dashed when I took a sip of it. The steeping aroma smelled really sweet and fruity.
But the black tea base totally overruled. Wasn’t sweet at all. I didn’t even over-steep and it was just bland. Tasted faintly of blueberry but that wasn’t enough. Bummed out this wasn’t as good as everyone says! :( Glad I tried though. Thanks, EmilyGee!

Flavors: Bitter

if it makes you feel better i’m with you on this one…i don’t understand the love everyone has for it

OMGsrsly

I think I loved it because of the smell and also because it was so sweet when I got it to go. But I really don’t care for stevia, and I also don’t care as much for this tea anymore.

i like the blueberry tea from uh…….. crap well now i’ve forgotten. It’ll come to me eventually

Isserly

Hi! Can you post a link to the davids tea fan group? I can’t seem to find it!

A taste of summer as sold in their carnival collection. What I love most about blueberries is the ability to stain your fingers with their juices. As with blueberries, there are many book about summer, or the heat of a place where it is eternally summer. I have read countless books in which the character would think: That summer changed everything. While this tea might not be life changing for some, it is definitely a reminder of summer.

Books recommended for this tea: The Stand by Stephen King, The Kite Runner by
Khaled Hosseini, The Color Purple by Alice Walker

Flavors: Blueberry

Incredible blueberry smell and great flavour; good strong black tea without being too fruity.

Unfortunately has a bit of an aftertaste; good to drink with something to eat, but not a fan of it on it’s own.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Now HERE is a tea I can drink all day long without getting the least bit tired of it. Or at least that’s how I feel right now as I drink my first ever cup. I’m so glad that I discovered Steepster in recent weeks and have started reading reviews before committing to 100g+ of a tea just because it smells nice. I probably would have passed this one up for Cool Cactus, had I not read the reviews and been pointed in the opposite direction.

I’ve always considered myself a green tea kind of gal, but recently I’ve been developing a love affair with flavoured black teas and straight oolongs. Lately I’ve found myself in need of some soothing comfort, rather than the invigorating crispness all my favourite green teas provide. It kind of makes me wonder if my preferences will switch back once summer makes an appearance again. Either way, I’ve enjoyed refining my tastes (not to mention making new discoveries) while working to decrease my absurdly large tea collection.

I’m glad I decided to buy a small sample of this. I came home with 25g , but will be buying more the next time I stop by the store. The base tea is soothing and in no way bitter. I also find that the berries add just enough sweetness to hold my interest without seeming too candy-like to drink in the morning. I don’t usually add anything to my tea, but I feel that this one is particularly well-balanced on its own. This is definitely my kind of blend.

Flavors: Berry, Blueberry, Earth, Fruity, Honey, Smooth, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Admittedly I’m brand new to loose leaf teas, and Blueberry a jam was one of the first I picked up. The initial smell blew me away – sweet and tart, like blueberry cobbler. But it was almost overpowering right out of the tin. Brewed up I enjoyed it, but it didn’t love it (though it was better once it cooled a little). This is one I’d purchase again in small amounts. Good for a treat.

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Blueberry, Candy

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Meh. There is something in this blend that I really don’t like. Now that I’m looking at the ingredients, I think it’s probably stevia. Really, can’t people let us sweeten things on our own, if we so choose? I find stevia to have a really wretched aftertaste. I also didn’t think the blueberry taste was prominent enough overtop of the other ingredients. Anyway, super bummed, because I love blueberry, and one of my friends said this was hands down her favourite tea, so I was excited to try it. I think I’ll have to try it with another tea…or something…

I love, love, love this tea. It is one of my all time favourites. It is a black tea with a hint of blueberry. I love to drink it in the morning because the fruitiness is not too forward. There is also a hint of burnt sugar.
When you open the tin it is a beautiful tea. It is full of dried blueberries. It absolutely reminds me of wild blueberry season in Ontario.

Flavors: Blueberry, Burnt Sugar, Jam

So delicious, this is like a healthy! blueberry dessert in a cup. Adding a bit of milk makes it super rich and creamy. Also, this has got to be my favourite iced tea at the moment. With a bit of rock sugar = tastes like heaven!! Perfect score for me, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with this lovely tea!