Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Orange Zest, Smooth, Autumn Leaf Pile, Bitter, Citrus, Dry Grass, Earth, Herbaceous, Orange, Citrusy, Pineapple, Fruity, Tropical, Mint, Smoke, Sweet, Grass, Lemon Zest, Hay, Green Wood, Mango
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great maté! Yummy! Reminds me of summer and tropical places :). Papaya is the main flavour I get with this tea.

First impression- Smells strongly like a freshly opened carton of orange juice. There are visible fruit chunks, flowers, and green mate leaves in the mixture.
Prepared- hot with 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar. Brewed 5 minutes in 94 degree water in a David’s Perfect mug.
First sips- Tastes like a light, no pulp orange juice. Doesn’t quite have the ‘solidity’ of an orange juice, so it reminds me somewhat of a drink mix (but much more delicious and not so chemical-y). Strong fruit flavour masks the more bitter mate.
Very good, I would definitely try it again, and try it iced to replace a morning orange juice with a caffeinated version.

This is one of my favorite mates, and reminds me of morning because of its delicious orange juice aroma. You just take a whiff of this tea and the morning and its magic.

The taste is not for everyone. It can be very bitter (I don’t know if that is just because of how I steep it, but I like it either way) but still fruity. I would say I prefer it to Simply the Zest, but I think they are both on even footing to me. If I want something more refreshing than chocolate rocket in the morning I’ll have this.

Just spent the weekend at a retreat with my co-ed fraternity.. and came back to a big beautiful white box from DT!
This is the very first of the flavors I decided to try out, and I’m liking it. It’s got a natural sweetness to it that I’m fond of and it still has a very clean, juicy, fresh taste. I’m normally not a big fan of mate teas, but this one is good. However, I do think the mate is the only thing I’m on the fence about, since I can taste a grassiness that is slightly weird to me. I can work with it though, because the rest of the tea is delicious!

Tastes like Tang. But it is tea. Nice but not great because it tastes too much like those juice crystals.

I have had tried this tea twice now, both were the small samples that come with the online order. I have only tried this tea through a hot brew and have absolutely enjoyed it. Not sure if I would have the same feelings if it was cold.

Today I needed a pick me up since we were piling in the car for an hour drive and I was still not awake. I used my trusty contigo and set off. It was a comforting companion as we drove to the most boring car parts flea market known to man (ok maybe wife and kids lol). I did enjoy the old car show part though.

Both times that I have tasted this tea, it has been refreshing and not an over powering orange taste, but smooth and the perfect amount. It is my first time trying a mate based tea so I didn’t really know what to think. It started off strong, but quickly became smooth and enjoyable. The aroma was enjoyable!

I am left confused though how it gets the orange taste without any orange flavouring.

I do wish I had more of these tea for those rough mornings where my eyes want to stay shut!

Flavors: Orange Zest, Smooth

195 °F / 90 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sipdown.

I can see why this tea has been discontinued. I got it in a tea advent calender a few years back, but never drank it because I generally avoid caffeine and don’t like yerba mate flavour very much. This morning I was too tired to function, so I brewed it up even though it was supposed to be a no-caff day.

It tastes quite artificial (like orange flavoured medicine), Earthy, dry oak leaves, dry grass, herbaceous. I might have enjoyed it more if the orange flavour was more natural. I added soy milk so I could finish the cup. There are some good mate blends out there that have better flavours than this one.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Bitter, Citrus, Dry Grass, Earth, Herbaceous, Orange

Quite nice. Is good for a wake up in the morning! Has a nice tropical fruity flavor

Flavors: Citrusy, Pineapple

Smells and tastes just like Sunny D lol. It’s really good! I’m pretty sensitive to caffeine but this didn’t bother me at all. I drank it in the afternoon before work and felt alert but not jittery. No headache or crash later in the evening either. I slept good. Mate is a magical!

It’s that time of year again. Work really picks up from the end of November right through to February now, pretty much, and then there’s Christmas and all the associated hoo-ha that comes along with, and this year I’m also half-way through buying a flat. So I’m tired, and stressed, and a bit grumpy right now. And I have to do reception this morning as well as my own work (try concentrating when you’re being interrupted every ten fucking seconds), so that’s already put me in a fairly disgusting mood and today’s work day is only 10 minutes old.

Mate is what I usually turn to from mid-December until the Christmas break starts on the 23rd. I’m looking forward to having 10 days off more than it’s possible to communicate in words. I plan to sleep a lot, and be at least a little bit selfish. Until then, I’ve got this. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water.

It’s good. Maybe the best mate blend I’ve tried in a while. I like the freshness of the orange. It’s juicy and fruity and walks the perfect line between sweet and sharp. There’s also a hint of papaya, and just a touch of pineapple, but it’s mostly orange. Like orange juice orange. Orange perfection. The mate is a little earthy, but it works, somehow, and I’m really appreciating the energy boost. On the whole? A really good ’un. Love this.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Nattie

I’m going to start taking tea to work! You’ve sold me. I’m a bartender though so it might be a little weird…

Maddy Barone

You deserve to be plenty selfish on your break!